#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

So Dewalt actually thought they could show random people and companies all over the world new tools and didn't expect anything to get leaked? They must have a new advertising department. This happens to car companies all the time and they have more money to lose. If they are telling companies and people to pull there information then they are handling it poorly. It's only 2 days before the announcement and this is better discussion and PR than there secretive approach. I know that I'm supper amped to buy some new tools as many of you are now. Also was Dewalt unaware that YouTube is INTERNATIONAL and that earlier releases in other countries would be seen? 

• Like 3

My only disappointment thus far with everything (aside from the sidewinder) is that all the leaked information claimed 3ah batteries @60v and 9ah at 20v. This seemed worthwhile for both sides of the fence even with the giant battery.

I don't think the runtime is going to be enough at 2ah with 60v tools to warrant redundant batteries at $100 a pop for guys that want more than a few tools to last the day. I hope this bit is wrong unless they've somehow made it rapid charging. 

2 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Those combo kits that were on Acme did have rapid chargers.

Dewalt thinks the chargers they already have are rapid chargers. They have some of the slowest charge times in the entire industry. 

I want them to compare to Makita if they're going to have such low ah initial offerings, or else the overlap of redundancy means I'll have a grand in batteries to support what I'd need to supplement my 20v line with current charge times. 

Who has almost 2 hours to charge a 6ah battery. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

But how rapid? Same charge time as a 20v 2ah? I'm guessing this is why they also have the 4 bay charger.

Add up the cost of having 4 batteries in the charger, the cost of the charger, and then the redundancy to have 4 more batteries in rotation.

I make pretty good money but shit man. That's about my annual tool budget...without actually buying tools. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DaveJr. said:

its there prerogative Dave. They own the company they have the right to decide. That being said they released a video on YouTube so they released the cat from the bag. As I've explained before....Dewalt sponsors TiA. They give us tools for our members. They can say whatever they want because it's their company. They haven't said anything yet so until I hear from Eric or Dan it'll stay up. But....if we get contact we have to take it down or freeze it. Personally I don't have a problem with that. However, add salt released the information on their YouTube in Europe. If Acme violated a trade and sales agreement with Dewalt we would naturally respect Dewalts position. 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Add up the cost of having 4 batteries in the charger, the cost of the charger, and then the redundancy to have 4 more batteries in rotation.

I make pretty good money but shit man. That's about my annual tool budget...without actually buying tools. 

Yeah I'm not sure how popular it will be among contractors if they don't have some really damn fast chargers and quick.

1 minute ago, dano_uk said:

I wonder why these new batteries are not Bluetooth?

Just a guess, but it's probably easier to incorporate the functionality into the tool instead of the battery. 

As for the light...that is awful steep. I mean it's bright and all, charger/cordless, and has an extra outlet or two...but $400 is a lot of bread. Everything else seems in order though and quite reasonable. 

• Like 3

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I don't believe the 40v line has been popular enough for them to really mind if it gets left behind in a few years once they engineered the 60v line to unify 20v, 60v, and 120v. Essentially they're insuring that this situation where something gets lost won't happen anymore, or at least for a very long time. It's a shame for those who invested in 40v but it will probably still be supported for some time, especially for lawn care.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My only disappointment thus far with everything (aside from the sidewinder) is that all the leaked information claimed 3ah batteries @60v and 9ah at 20v. This seemed worthwhile for both sides of the fence even with the giant battery.

I don't think the runtime is going to be enough at 2ah with 60v tools to warrant redundant batteries at $100 a pop for guys that want more than a few tools to last the day. I hope this bit is wrong unless they've somehow made it rapid charging. 

Power=(Voltage x Current )- (Current^2 x Resistance). Higher voltage = less current to achieve desired power output. Lower current= less power lost during application. Runtime might be ok

• Like 1

I can't imagine they would stop supporting that line. Dewalt has made some really dynamic changes in the last several years from 18-20-40 and they still support those tools. It will really be interesting to see what Dewalt does with the release but I have to admit, I like the company and they seem to put a lot of forethought into their tools. We aren't getting the whole story with these tools so stand by to stand by.

• Like 2

Just now, More^×2U said:

Power=(Voltage x Current )- (Current^2 x Resistance). Higher voltage = less current to achieve desired power output. Lower current = less current lost during application. Runtime might be ok

I think it will be acceptable, clearly they felt it was enough, and in time I'm sure it'll expand...but with competitors already moving to 9ah 18v...makes me wonder what made them hold back. I just feel like already having exposure to 5ah 20v will make 60v runtime feel inferior in comparison. Spoiled if you will.