#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

13 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Checked the description and it says 1 hour charge time. Not the greatest.

On the contrary, that's much improved. It takes 90min to charge the current 5ah battery. 

That I can live with. Hopefully the new chargers are 20v compatible and decrease charging time for those as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On the contrary, that's much improved. It takes 90min to charge the current 5ah battery. 

That I can live with. Hopefully the new chargers are 20v compatible and decrease charging time for those as well. 

Huh guess I never really timed mine. ?????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

I was thinking an hour didn't seem so bad for that large of a battery.

A full size dual mode miter saw is interesting...what next?! Looking forward to tomorrow. I do hope they have a 20v brushless saw and recip saw too. I like the blade left 6-1/2" size for cordless.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Marcv76 said:

That's a game changer. Full size miter saw that is corded and cordless. I think this is going to be the first tool I buy. 

Might not be getting Milwaukee's Fuel Miter saw then. What size blade is the Dewalt saw 10 or 12 inch?  I have to saw Dewalt has its A game on right now with this new product launch. Milwaukee is going to have to step up a little. For awhile during the 20v launch Dewalt was slow to push out new products that's what drove me to Milwaukee. That has defiantly changed the past few years. The one tool that took way to long was the 20v finish nailer why did that take 6 years?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Might not be getting Milwaukee's Fuel Miter saw then. What size blade is the Dewalt saw 10 or 12 inch?  I have to saw Dewalt has its A game on right now with this new product launch. Milwaukee is going to have to step up a little. For awhile during the 20v launch Dewalt was slow to push out new products that's what drove me to Milwaukee. That has defiantly changed the past few years. The one tool that took way to long was the 20v finish nailer why did that take 6 years?

according to the post its going to be 12" blade. I wouldn't be surprised is a 10" comes out alongside it at some point. Dewalt has always been good at having good reliable tools but not as much innovation. Sounds like tomorrow is going to change all of that. Its good for everyone because all the companies will be scrambling to one up them and everyone wins. I can't wait to see how the 4-20v battery generator will be. That sounds like it will be a cool tool and crossover camping setup. 

• Like 1

With a 12" blade and weighing 56 lbs it's a no go for me. I want small and portable. Something they big will be at a cut station, not being taken around the house for punch lists. But if you're on a job with no power I can see this being awesome. I'm just looking for more of a punch list saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, DarynH said:

With a 12" blade and weighing 56 lbs it's a no go for me. I want small and portable. Something they big will be at a cut station, not being taken around the house for punch lists. But if you're on a job with no power I can see this being awesome. I'm just looking for more of a punch list saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. I say have this one and the 7 1/4 cordless miter saw. Then all bases are covered. Its only money right? haha 

I have questions about it though. What happens if batteries are mismatched? Does it know if the batteries inserted are 60v to activate the generator only under that circumstance or could I plug in 4 - 5ah batteries and work the generator as well at lower watts? 

Also the side shown has a label that says it's 1800 watt...the other side has a similar label with a lot of text, interested to see what that says or what other ports may be on the other side...thinking usb at least, perhaps? 

EDIT: just occurred to me it's probably the blink schedule for the battery chargers. 

• Like 4

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:53 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Bosch has a bunch of new grinders coming out, cordless grinders... not brushless but supposed to be very powerful.

Bosch pretty much died in New Zealand because of their horrible customer service. They may be good on the states but they have a reputation for being difficult worth warranties and having a slow turnaround on spare parts. Multiple tool retailers recommend me not to buy their tools. Not because the tools themselves but because of the backup

• Like 1