#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

17 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

So that's their answer, introduce a new line, brushless tools into available with their new packs... Way to crap on their 20v users. Yea ta nice you can use new packs on your old tools but say I wanted the new brushless recip saw I might as well throw my batteries at the garbage truck on Friday...

Yea it's cool but it just pisses me off a little bit, I've made the right choice with Milwaukee recip and circ saw and I definitely don't regret it now.

You do realize they will probably focus all in this line now and leave 20 and 12 sitting in the shadow... Sorry for negativity guys but hope some of you share my feelings or can understand them

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. We'll wait till the twenty first to see if it is a replacement or supplement. I think the 996 kit with new battery was a show of faith that 20v won't be dropped.

#eataburlapbagofdicksdewalt

• Like 3

I hear you. We'll wait till the twenty first to see if it is a replacement or supplement. I think the 996 kit with new battery was a show of faith that 20v won't be dropped.

Or their valiant end to the line!! LOL

other solutions than new battery though Makita and it's awesome 2x18, Milwaukee with the brick 9.0... Just frustrates me I don't even want to look at my yellow tools right now

Jimbo

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea it's cool but it just pisses me off a little bit, I've made the right choice with Milwaukee recip and circ saw and I definitely don't regret it now.

We stil do not know how Milwaukee sds max and new mitre saw will perform When you use a m18 5 amp pack.

Those tools werd designed to use the 9 amp pack. Altho the 5 amp will run on those tools i'm 99 procent sure they will have limited power/endurance with quickly overheating batteries if you use a 5 amp.

Perhaps, to prevent dissappointment in their users, dewalt limited the use to 60v batteries ? :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

So that's their answer, introduce a new line, brushless tools into available with their new packs... Way to crap on their 20v users. Yea ta nice you can use new packs on your old tools but say I wanted the new brushless recip saw I might as well throw my batteries at the garbage truck on Friday...

You do realize they will probably focus all in this line now and leave 20 and 12 sitting in the shadow... Sorry for negativity guys but hope some of you share my feelings or can understand them

Jimbo

I agree with you Jimbo. I sure am glad I decided to start investing in the M12 lineup. If DeWalt forgets about the 20V lineup I might go with the M18 lineup and sell my 20V tools......except my new planer, I love that thing so far. You can definitely say good bye to the 12V and 18V lineups.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

And thinking about it, would a company drop a lineup after introducing some new tools like the brushless planer? The 20V lineup is very popular. How many contractors only use 20V tools? That would be stupid on DeWalt's part to drop a lineup like that and then expect people to buy into a brand new lineup. They would most likey (at least I would) buy into Milwaukee.

Jimbo

You've only made the right choice in your head because Milwaukee hasn't released the 60v tools but all dewalt has done is give you the option of buying 60v tools for the power and use 20v for the steady tools that don't need that much power like the impact and drill ! Just cos they have released these doesn't make the 20v any different to what they are today , but if you fancy a more powerful saw then the 60v will fit the bill and them options are good !

• Like 3

Yep [emoji4]

Theres a 12v category for the compact tools.

Theres the 12v max for your daily use tools.

And 60v /120v for the heavy duty options [emoji4]

Yes that's exactly how I look at it , any people throwing their dolls out the pram thinking the 20v line will be extinct is rubbish as look at the xrp range ! Plus they wouldn't make this battery compatible with the 20v line up as the effort made to make it switch voltages wouldn't be worth it ? Also this is a great move from dewalt as people that have other brands like me will now buy certain dewalt 60v kits for the extra power like the circular saw ! I have all metabo and bosch not one dewalt tool but now I might just buy a 60v set to add to the collection

• Like 2

And I was just about to pre order the new brushless makita recip. Now I might just wait for this dewalt one. I'm also in the market for a table saw but might just purchase the corded one as I don't see a real need for cordless on it.

• Like 3

Anybody buying tools when they first come out better have the money to burn. Best to wait a little and see how it all shakes out. And trying to stick to one brand looks to be a little shakey too. Good to see companies expanding their lines but hope they don't orphen everything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

I wondered the same thing. I'm no marine biologist, but I think that 6ah at 20v(18) only be like 2ah at 60v(54). The grinder claims 13amp power. I hope that's not draw because that would result in less than ten minutes of runtime. I mean that would be more than their current grinder, but still.

My makita brushless grinder eats 5ah 18v batteries for fun. So if it did mean 2ah at 60v you'd be draining these in no time

• Like 1

You've only made the right choice in your head because Milwaukee hasn't released the 60v tools but all dewalt has done is give you the option of buying 60v tools for the power and use 20v for the steady tools that don't need that much power like the impact and drill ! Just cos they have released these doesn't make the 20v any different to what they are today , but if you fancy a more powerful saw then the 60v will fit the bill and them options are good !

I don't grudge having a higher voltage line but users have been asking for brushless recip and circ saws, so they give it to them but you gotta buy a new battery? That's the frustration right there and yes a lot of tools of milwaukees new line really only should have a 9.0 but at the end of the day and my 9.0 is dead and I need two more cuts I can still throw that 5.0 in there.

Jimbo

• Like 4

I don't grudge having a higher voltage line but users have been asking for brushless recip and circ saws, so they give it to them but you gotta buy a new battery? That's the frustration right there and yes a lot of tools of milwaukees new line really only should have a 9.0 but at the end of the day and my 9.0 is dead and I need two more cuts I can still throw that 5.0 in there.

Jimbo

Your only going on some leaked info so you might find out soon that there will be a brushless recip in 20v

• Like 3

Jimbo

Couldn't have send it better myself. I just hope they don't leave us stranded.

• Like 2

Well guys, stand by. Maybe a post freeze coming up.

Also, just to add my two cents. The 60v stuff is on Acme and it looks like I was wrong, they boned it up big time. This is just a little bit of what we know and and God knows we are kind of flying by the seat of our pants. If Acme released this ahead of time to bolster pre sales prior to anybody else being able to sel, that is a big pile of horse manure. Regardless, if Dewalt reaches out let it be known we will have to freeze any posts. 

Thanks, Chris

• Like 4