#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

2 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Otherwise, for example, you could charge an electric car by going down a hill, then use that charge to go back up the hill, and so on and so on, never stopping. Impossible.

That is essentially what regenerative braking does. Like you have noted, with anything you won't have 100% efficiency. Going down hill might provide 70 or 80% of the energy needed to get up the next hill. On old school electric railroads, the Virginian was one that was partially electrified, when a train went down hills and engaged the regenerative braking it actually sent current into the system instead of consuming it.

• Like 2

If it has 1 battery turning a generator, then that energy coming out of the spinning generator goes into other batteries, how much energy could the first battery produce? If that makes sense. 

49 minutes ago, Marcv76 said:

If it has 1 battery turning a generator, then that energy coming out of the spinning generator goes into other batteries, how much energy could the first battery produce? If that makes sense. 

According to physics apparently, always less than 100%. I guess I'm thinking about some kind of amplification that isn't possible. I must be missing something about watts, current, etc... that has influence on the duration of time the original source can produce power to continue the charge. 

On the extreme end, take this inverter for instance: 

Power-Bright-PW3500-12-Power-Inverter-35

A little extreme for this example, but for demonstration sake. The source of this inverter is 12v, I could plug this into my truck and it would run until the fuse was exceeded (10A or 15A I'd guess), but it would do it all the same. So then is it a limitation of battery size that prevents you getting enough out of the system? The draw on a battery charger is very small, even with 4 of them it's not very much. Why would a 20v battery not sustain the length of time to charge the batteries? Or I guess I could make it more simple even, if I used a 20v battery to run a single outlet inverter to charge another 20v battery, the second battery would never reach full charge? Meaning the 4 in series would never reach 25% charge before death? 

Seems goofy even though I think I get it. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure, it is really hard to tell. Kind of a cross over like tool? Also that circular and miter saw looked pretty sweet. And maybe the recip will be brushless? I'm sure there is more but as long as we keep seeing it from Dewalts own leaks.....leak away! I for one am pretty stoked to see where yellow is going! 

1 minute ago, ChrisK said:

I'm not sure, it is really hard to tell. Kind of a cross over like tool? Also that circular and miter saw looked pretty sweet. And maybe the recip will be brushless? I'm sure there is more but as long as we keep seeing it from Dewalts own leaks.....leak away! I for one am pretty stoked to see where yellow is going! 

It's known that the entire line is 100% brushless. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is exactly what I've been calling for. I'd wager that this here has the capability to do something that nobody sees coming. What if this right here, with a 4 bank charger, was capable of using 1 battery to run the generator to charge 3 batteries or 1 extra to charge all 4? It's the missing link in all of the cordless industry, the charger is still tethered to the wall. Well what if it wasn't? 

Dewalt is blowing my mind every day, I keep thinking this is it, nothing more to know...boom! just kidding. I'm stoked at the potential to finally have a completely cordless jobsite from screwdriver to 12" SCMS. I bet the rest of the tool manufacturers are shitting their 5th pair a jeans this week. 

energy is not created or destroyed it can just be transferred from one thing or another or you can change the form. A battery can only charge anything to a maximum of the amount of energy it has stored. Any time you transfer the electrical energy some of the energy will be become heat sound etc and will be lost . It is impossible to design a 100% efficient system because as soon as you have any heat friction etc you are losing your energy. If you could charge 2 batteries off one you pretty much have a magic system and no one would ever need petrol nuclear power etc again if Dewalt achieved Tha they have both broken physios asked pretty much solved most of the worlds problems

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is suggesting Dewalt have created an infinite energy loop. Guys are just trying to figure out what it means to have 4 batteries as a power source.

To all, there is no doubt that this will either be charged from a powerpoint or contain a generator. The big question is whether t will have its own inbuilt batteries AND be able to somehow use 4 batteries when it's empty(?) or whether the 4 batteries are the primary power source.

35 minutes ago, dwain said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting Dewalt have created an infinite energy loop. Guys are just trying to figure out what it means to have 4 batteries as a power source.

To all, there is no doubt that this will either be charged from a powerpoint or contain a generator. The big question is whether t will have its own inbuilt batteries AND be able to somehow use 4 batteries when it's empty(?) or whether the 4 batteries are the primary power source.

guys, don´t get lost

this is just a 4 port charging unit !!!!

cheeers