#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

11 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

A rep just told me it's a 60v platform with cross compatibility between 20 and 60v

Anything on running two in series for 120v support? 

It's clear to me that the rumors are happening across a wider audience now, all of which is pointing to some next level shit that at least could be game changing. I'm stoked on that for sure and really want for Dewalt to show that they can do more than press copy and paste with a little editing. 

For the first time the other guys are probably worried for good reason. 

• Like 4

Anything on running two in series for 120v support? 

It's clear to me that the rumors are happening across a wider audience now, all of which is pointing to some next level shit that at least could be game changing. I'm stoked on that for sure and really want for Dewalt to show that they can do more than press copy and paste with a little editing. 

For the first time the other guys are probably worried for good reason. 

Nothing from the rep. But I have heard of some pretty cool technology in the works to run 120v tools off batteries.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I hope they come out with straight 20v cordless so I don't have to fork out the boatload of cash I'm sure the 60v max will require.

Actually if rumors are true, this would be the first instance of unification across voltage types, meaning it's much more affordable for someone already invested in 20v for instance. Yes the batteries would be more expensive, but you're getting say a 9ah battery for 20v that can be used with 60v tools. This means you don't have to invest in a whole new line for all your tools, but just the ones that are absolutely necessary, like a table saw. It's supplementive rather than intrusive. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Sooooo... this won't be part of the 21st shebang?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I imagine if it's not now it never will be. The tools already developed will take advantage of any added benefit out of the box. I don't see them having a table saw that could run on 120v in series but will only run of 60v out of the box because the 120v isn't out yet. That doesn't make sense. 

It's now or never. 

6 hours ago, Marcv76 said:

Wow good work Sherlock Holmes, now just wait to see if that is the official news or not, someone could have been fed a line and thought it was the truth, or it really is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just a shout out for Dewalt as there was a rep complaint, If there is any release information from the company purported or whatever please don't post it on the forums! I think a recent post may have crossed the line a lit.....way bit too much. Speculation is great but Dewalt does participate in outer giveaways and losing such a great sponsor would suck big time for us. You know.....unless Festool popped in! ;)  We got our pee pee slapped a while back for another member doing this! I deleted the quote commentary. Thanks! Chris

• Like 1

Hey Chris. Genuine question here.

The posts in this forum don't represent TIA, and the forum is open to the public. If a company doesn't keep tight enough control of it's secrets, people will talk about it. How can a tool company be 'moderating' this forum?

I didn't see the post, so I suppose I might be missing the larger picture.

• Like 1

The posts in this forum don't represent TIA, and the forum is open to the public. If a company doesn't keep tight enough control of it's secrets, people will talk about it. How can a tool company be 'moderating' this forum?

In the past it was more of a courtesy to Dewalt because they sponsor TIA and to keep things good. No they don't moderate us they could have told them to go stick it...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

In the past it was more of a courtesy to Dewalt because they sponsor TIA and to keep things good. No they don't moderate us they could have told them to go stick it...

Jimbo

its like when you ruin game of thrones by looking up spoilers.. its more fun just letting the hype build and then hitting the event.

But i do enjoy the just a paint scheme posts.. lol

• Like 2

its like when you ruin game of thrones by looking up spoilers.. its more fun just letting the hype build and then hitting the event.

But i do enjoy the just a paint scheme posts.. lol

I'm one of those people that has never seen the game of thrones...

I don't have an issue with it, Dan and Eric are nice guys and it's cool they keep the peace by honoring Dewalt, yea there is a line to too much company interfering but I don't think dewalts stepped over the line, why piss them off?? It's only a week away too

Jimbo

• Like 1

Just now, JimboS1ice said:

I'm one of those people that has never seen the game of thrones...

I don't have an issue with it, Dan and Eric are nice guys and it's cool they keep the peace by honoring Dewalt, yea there is a line to too much company interfering but I don't think dewalts stepped over the line, why piss them off?? It's only a week away too

Jimbo

yup my point being. sit back get hyped... the clegane bowl might now be happening but some dewalt innovation might be :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwain said:

Dwain, you are correct but we have been politely asked by one of our sponsors (read....Dewalt) who graciously donate tools to us for free giveaways to put a kabosh on early release news that has not been approved by Dewalt for release. I see where you are coming from but.....we like keeping sponsors too.

• Like 1

Of and one more thing....the OP was just passing information along. There was no mod action taken against the OP, he was just passing along information he saw. Unfortunately because of the earlier issue with the stolen tool, we have to clean up any unapproved information releases. Just wanted to make that very clear! Thanks guys, Chris!

11 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Hey TIA bros I didn't mean to cause any potential problems between Dewalt and TIA. I will officially retire my online investigation skills and will just sit back and wait for the big release in 6 days. I have a feeling Dewalt is about to take the lead among all tool companies and they will be scrambling to catch up. I have already started saving.  

• Like 5