#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

Of and one more thing....the OP was just passing information along. There was no mod action taken against the OP, he was just passing along information he saw. Unfortunately because of the earlier issue with the stolen tool, we have to clean up any unapproved information releases. Just wanted to make that very clear! Thanks guys, Chris!

Hey Chris, I hope that I'm not crossing the lines when posting pictures of the tools that are shown in their own videos. If so please let me know or Dewalt can tell me to back off themself. I'm just so excited for the release ?

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Chris, I hope that I'm not crossing the lines when posting pictures of the tools that are shown in their own videos. If so please let me know or Dewalt can tell me to back off themself. I'm just so excited for the release [emoji16]

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

Mattias, I don't see anything wrong with those posts and to be truthful don't worry about it. If Dewalt has an issue with these I'm sure they'll let us know!

If they are releasing them in a video in sure it's intended

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Mattias Blomqvist said:

New video out. Blurry screenshots but it's clearly a new brushless cordless angle grinder coming out. 4db14f7390b636ef7f4f4de4060416eb.jpge1b9cdcd9c39811bf358522aedfff4a6.jpg7bf4e3256e302329fbdaefedf3178efc.jpg

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

2 things... 1) this looks like a 4in grinder, so it's an update to the 20v line. 2) Clearly this is a part of the big announcement promotion. Up till now i've been speculating that the big announcement tools would be the higher voltage tools, such as the 7in grinder also teased. I had assumed that they'd separate regular XR updates and new 20v tools to a regular event and keep 20v out of the big announcement event. I guess they'll be rolling out all of it in the same event now and blur the line between old and new? 

• Like 1

Um good thing I just bought that new fuel and Metabo grinders then. [emoji15][emoji379]

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

There there, I'm sure the new dewalt one can't be all that much better..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

There there, I'm sure the new dewalt one can't be all that much better..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Depends. I have a sneaking suspicion they're not holding back with this new line as far as stacked features...I'm throwing it out there that I want this grinder to have variable speed. They keep showing the same side of the tool...might be to hide the speed adjustment wheel. 

I'm a dreamer...let me be. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Dwain, you are correct but we have been politely asked by one of our sponsors (read....Dewalt) who graciously donate tools to us for free giveaways to put a kabosh on early release news that has not been approved by Dewalt for release. I see where you are coming from but.....we like keeping sponsors too.

Yeah I get it. I just think Dewalt are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They try and build up all this anticipation (instead of just releasing new tools to us), and then complain when we try really hard to find out what it is.

Still, I'm as excited as anyone. And I don't want TIA to lose any sponsorship (who doesn't love a giveaway?!).

• Like 8

2 hours ago, dwain said:

Yeah I get it. I just think Dewalt are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They try and build up all this anticipation (instead of just releasing new tools to us), and then complain when we try really hard to find out what it is.

Still, I'm as excited as anyone. And I don't want TIA to lose any sponsorship (who doesn't love a giveaway?!).

That was kinda my thoughts on it too. Being new here I figured I'd just sit back and see how it all plays out. Seems silly to build anticipation then when someone hits too close to home try to pull in the reigns. I'm excited to see whatever it is though.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dwain said:

Agreed. With a post like this it is going to cause speculation. Curiosity kills many a cat! Also @Marcv76 speed up. That's one bad as$ crew!

• Like 1

power comes in all forms....if you go to Dewalt's updated web site and look at the new compressor offerings you will find the DXCMTA1980854 this is an 8 gallon compressor with a dual voltage AC motor 120/240. this is a really cool concept for construction sites. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

I'm finally 100% DeWalt Brushless now, and I'm hoping for a 4" Brushless, since I don't own any grinder at the moment. 

I'm pretty sure the screen grabs from the last video are a 4in grinder. If that is a 7in, the tool body is freaking gargantuan. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm pretty sure the screen grabs from the last video are a 4in grinder. If that is a 7in, the tool body is freaking gargantuan. 

isn't it more likely a 4-1/2", with a 5" to follow later?