#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

I think it is odd that Dewalt is getting so angsty about early release information companies will often intentionally peak snippets into the media to help build excitement and anticipation. Having a heavy handed approach to fans of the brand who are excited about an announcement seems a way to create negative feelings and sentiment towards a company rather than building excitement and positive forum banter. I find it rather an odd approach to fan/customer relations.

• Like 1

I have needed to upgrade my larger tools for awhile. I LOVE my Bosch 12v tools but still need an 18v/20v setup. Had some 18v Bosch and loved the impact but hated the saw. Sold it. Been a long time Dewalt fan but haven't done anything yet...anxiously waiting to see if this is the push I need to go into the 20v line.

2 hours ago, Craigh9916 said:

It's not going to be a table saw as metabo have a 36v table saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you trying to say here? Dewalt won't be releasing a cordless table saw because of Metabo? I mean it's in the video, it's happening whether you think so or not. 

As for the grinder size I didn't literally mean a 4in grinder, I think of it more as a "class", where a 4in grinder runs anything between 4in and 5in blades. That looks like a update for the 20v tool to me but brushless, or like I said it's freaking huge if it's 7in. 

• Like 1

What are you trying to say here? Dewalt won't be releasing a cordless table saw because of Metabo? I mean it's in the video, it's happening whether you think so or not. 

As for the grinder size I didn't literally mean a 4in grinder, I think of it more as a "class", where a 4in grinder runs anything between 4in and 5in blades. That looks like a update for the 20v tool to me but brushless, or like I said it's freaking huge if it's 7in. 

No I mean it won't be what they are classing as " worlds first"

2 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

No I mean it won't be what they are classing as " worlds first"

In that case you're thinking about it the wrong way. The table saw is part of this release, and it for sure is a world first in ways the Metabo can't even fathom. 

In that case you're thinking about it the wrong way. The table saw is part of this release, and it for sure is a world first in ways the Metabo can't even fathom. 

What do you mean ? All I'm saying is a few people on hear are saying this worlds first thing may be a cordless table saw and I was just saying it won't be as metabo have one and that means it's not worlds first that's all

7 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

What do you mean ? All I'm saying is a few people on hear are saying this worlds first thing may be a cordless table saw and I was just saying it won't be as metabo have one and that means it's not worlds first that's all

I don't even think Metabo was first with that, the 8 in 1 workshop beat it I think. Won't be the first cordless, you're right about that. 

Just think you will all have your answer in 3 1/2 days or is it half a week?? 

Oh my gosh how are you ever going to stand the suspense???

Is the release going to be 9 AM Eastern or some other time?? It doesn't really matter to me, I will be at work busting my butt until 4 PM so that I can buy whatever toys I want. I expect the team red fans to hate it, declare it a P.O.S. and a knock off of somebody else's idea. Meanwhile team yellow will begin praising the concept. I am hoping whatever it is is, comes out of left field and is a better mouse trap. I hope all this speculation will end up giving them ideas for the next "big" thing...

Just think you will all have your answer in 3 1/2 days or is it half a week?? 

Oh my gosh how are you ever going to stand the suspense???

Is the release going to be 9 AM Eastern or some other time?? It doesn't really matter to me, I will be at work busting my butt until 4 PM so that I can buy whatever toys I want. I expect the team red fans to hate it, declare it a P.O.S. and a knock off of somebody else's idea. Meanwhile team yellow will begin praising the concept. I am hoping whatever it is is, comes out of left field and is a better mouse trap. I hope all this speculation will end up giving them ideas for the next "big" thing...

Ha ha yeah team red will hate it I like that lol but maybe with all the led lighting they have produced recently they will just say they saw it coming !!

• Like 2

So I found this interesting and something that I had not heard of before. This is NOT leaked information. This is merely a link to Amazon.com for a item they will be selling soon. Enjoy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H41SDGU/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_SsvzxbH00V1CH

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Marcv76 said:

So I found this interesting and something that I had not heard of before. This is NOT leaked information. This is merely a link to Amazon.com for a item they will be selling soon. Enjoy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H41SDGU/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_SsvzxbH00V1CH

This is exactly what I've been calling for. I'd wager that this here has the capability to do something that nobody sees coming. What if this right here, with a 4 bank charger, was capable of using 1 battery to run the generator to charge 3 batteries or 1 extra to charge all 4? It's the missing link in all of the cordless industry, the charger is still tethered to the wall. Well what if it wasn't? 

Dewalt is blowing my mind every day, I keep thinking this is it, nothing more to know...boom! just kidding. I'm stoked at the potential to finally have a completely cordless jobsite from screwdriver to 12" SCMS. I bet the rest of the tool manufacturers are shitting their 5th pair a jeans this week. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What if this right here, with a 4 bank charger, was capable of using 1 battery to run the generator to charge 3 batteries or 1 extra to charge all 4?

Not sure I follow. You're not suggesting it can basically charge itself...

1 minute ago, wildroamer said:

Not sure I follow. You're not suggesting it can basically charge itself...

Why shouldn't it? It's a 2 function system, 4 bank parallel charger AND portable power pack using 4 batteries in series. But what if there were a port to plug in another battery to charge the 4 batteries that are in series with one 20v battery, meaning cordless charging? 

Keep in mind I may be mental on that note, pure speculation on my part. I just see Dewalt making a movement to completely go cordless across the entire spectrum of jobsite tools in one giant swoop, which leads to only one thing left that requires a cord...the charger. If it could be done, they should totally do it. The implications of not requiring a power source ever is massive. 

Never gonna happen. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be transformed from one form to another. The problem is, there is no such thing as a completely efficient transformation. Some of the energy gets transformed to another form, that is not the goal. For example, heat.

That wasn't what I was implying, but that might be the reality of it anyhow. I was thinking more along the lines of an actual generator. If 4 20v batteries in series can run a saw for instance because of the step up from the generator, why wouldn't one battery be able to run enough charge from the generator to power a few chargers? Maybe I'm nuts I don't know. 

EDIT: If a 12v source is enough to run a charger for instance. Put an inverter on a 12v source and you can run a few chargers from the same source. No?

• Like 1