#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

I'm just glad we can finally talk about stuff, I can't wait to see the cordless 10 or 12" miter saw in action, if it is to be released at the same time. 

Here ya go...

Oh wait...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

Here ya go...

Oh wait...

What the heck is this Not Carl??????? Does this look like a friggin red post?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

yep..looks like I am selling the last of my Bosch 18v stuff and going back to my first tool love...YELLOW!!

It's a viscous cycle as when you move to one manufacturer another comes out with better stuff I have just learnt to buy a few different brands rather then all of one brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craigh9916 said:

It's a viscous cycle as when you move to one manufacturer another comes out with better stuff I have just learnt to buy a few different brands rather then all of one brand

It is and I have been in tool limbo for larger cordless tools for awhile now. I still run some Dewalt 18v l-ion stuff. My partner just upgraded his tools to team red but has had a ton of trigger issues. Granted they were all fixed for free but it has been a hassle. 

I ran some Bosch 18v stuff for awhile but sold most of it because I just didn't like the saw handle feel and the drill was a bit weak. I loved the brushless impact!!! I also like their brushless sds but the handle on the Dewalt is much better so that is going to be sold too. 

For compact tools I do like my Bosch 12v stuff!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

This is the problem with these releases. We get our pee pee slapped if something comes out early unapproved from the manufacturer. Then they release on their own channel, teasers. I totally get that Dewalt has done all of the R&D, they have come out with new products, they have invested I'm sure millions of dollars, they want to pop the news out. I hope Acme didn't screw up. I can't imagine they did, I mean Dewalt released info in Europe. It's hard to figure out what they want us to do here if they release the info. All I can say is I am griping ear to ear. Dewalt doesn't release their tools regularly but I am certain it's because of the R&D they put into their products, coming out with proven winners, constantly. I'm stoked about these new tools, I just wish they had a friggin Brad released!!!!!!! Anyways, I'm posting mine up in the for sale section. Daddy needs a new recip!!!!!

Even if they didnt want this info "leaked" or whatever, what is the harm in releasing this 2 days earlier then when they wanted? 

If you can't use the current 20V batteries with the new tools i'm gonna be pissed! If you can use the new batteries with the old tools, then why not be able to use the old batteries with the new tools!!!! Maybe because the new battery is more expensive ($200 each) 

1 minute ago, DaveJr. said:

If you can't use the current 20V batteries with the new tools i'm gonna be pissed! If you can use the new batteries with the old tools, then why not be able to use the old batteries with the new tools!!!! Maybe because the new battery is more expensive ($200 each) 

The new tools require the 60v for the power. At least they are backwards compatible though. It looks like the 2 pack of the new batteries will sell for $200 which isn't too bad considering what they can do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Marcv76 said:

The new tools require the 60v for the power. At least they are backwards compatible though. It looks like the 2 pack of the new batteries will sell for $200 which isn't too bad considering what they can do. 

Very true. They didn't make the old tools extinct with the new platform like they did with the 20v max change. All your old tools will work on the new platform which will let you upgrade to newer tools as you see fit while still using your older stuff with the newer batteries. Smart on their part. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marcv76 said:

I can understand that. I guess they won't be coming out with a 6 or 9AH 20V battery. Instead they will expect you to use one of these new batteries. I hope they still release some new 20V tools.

I can understand that. I guess they won't be coming out with a 6 or 9AH 20V battery. Instead they will expect you to use one of these new batteries. I hope they still release some new 20V tools.

But when you use the new battery on your 20v tool, won't it then be a 9ah capacity?

4 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

But when you use the new battery on your 20v tool, won't it then be a 9ah capacity?

part of the launch but already out in the 20v line

dcd996

the package with dcf887 also has a 60v batt included

(( as per above: I hope they still release some new 20V tools. ))

cheers

All I know is I just got my hands on the 791 dewalt compact drill and after using it it really sparked a reborn love for my Yellow Team and now pics of all these new tool upgrades I'm VERY VERY EXCITED!!!!????❤️ And yet my wifey looks VERY VERY SCARED as look more and more at these pics! Lol!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

All I know is I just got my hands on the 791 dewalt compact drill and after using it it really sparked a reborn love for my Yellow Team and now pics of all these new tool upgrades I'm VERY VERY EXCITED!!!!????❤️ And yet my wifey looks VERY VERY SCARED as look more and more at these pics! Lol!!

Just tell her that for every tool you buy, she can buy a pair of shoes or a new bag.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveJr. said:

Just tell her that for every tool you buy, she can buy a pair of shoes or a new bag.

Ha Thats my tactic. Whenever the wife thinks about buying something I encourage her to get it so that when she sees my tool boxes in the garage she doesn't bat an eye. 

• Like 2

So that's their answer, introduce a new line, brushless tools into available with their new packs... Way to crap on their 20v users. Yea ta nice you can use new packs on your old tools but say I wanted the new brushless recip saw I might as well throw my batteries at the garbage truck on Friday...

Yea it's cool but it just pisses me off a little bit, I've made the right choice with Milwaukee recip and circ saw and I definitely don't regret it now.

You do realize they will probably focus all in this line now and leave 20 and 12 sitting in the shadow... Sorry for negativity guys but hope some of you share my feelings or can understand them

Jimbo

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Turner85 said:

Can anyone tell what sort of runtime we can expect on 60v tools on a battery that's basically 18v 6ah or am I even making sense 

I wondered the same thing. I'm no marine biologist, but I think that 6ah at 20v(18) only be like 2ah at 60v(54). The grinder claims 13amp power. I hope that's not draw because that would result in less than ten minutes of runtime. I mean that would be more than their current grinder, but still.

• Like 3