#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

28 minutes ago, overanalyze said:

The site said the grinder was a 4.5" to 6"...I presume it could handle up to a 6" disc.

Bosch is falling further and further behind, at least in the US market, for cordless tools.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Bosch has a bunch of new grinders coming out, cordless grinders... not brushless but supposed to be very powerful.

Bosch has a bunch of new grinders coming out, cordless grinders... not brushless but supposed to be very powerful.

Oh I am sure they do...but we won't see them. Bosch has the biggest list of NAINA tools out there. I have imported a couple of their 12v tools that we can't get.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I guess I don't understand why some of you seem to be upset by this. It's not screwing anyone, it's giving everyone options and unity. I'm heavily invested in dewalt, and the 20v line. I have almost all that I want at 20v, and the stuff I want that's not available is mostly covered by the 60v line. Now I can buy just a few tools and batteries to supplement that, have all the tools I need, and can swap the batteries between tools. 

Disagree with the prices or designs, but the logic is sound boys. The cordless jobsite is here and available to everyone, especially those who are already invested like I am.

Nobody was whining and complaining when they started coming out with 40v tools. But if they were compatible with 20v suddenly that would be screwing the people? I don't follow.  

I wouldn't be to mad either its not a whole new platform to buy into. It does look like your going to need new batteries and chargers but the 20v line is not going to be obsolete by any means

12 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I wouldn't be to mad either its not a whole new platform to buy into. It does look like your going to need new batteries and chargers but the 20v line is not going to be obsolete by any means

Exactly. Nobody is going to abandon a small battery platform in exchange for bricks at the end of small lightweight tools. There is no way in hell I'd put one of those batteries on the end of an impact for instance, I try to keep 2ah on that as much as possible. It has it's use and place but it's both necessary and not, if you don't need it ignore it...but if you do it's finally there. It doesn't remove anything and only replaces corded tools, so I don't get it. 

• Like 2

I think everything is not completely explained yet is part of the problem of why some people are not happy yet. I guess unanswered questions is the issue. I would like to try some of these new tools though. I doubt I will switch sides but who knows especially if Dewalt is willing to hook me up for free are you listening :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DR99 said:

I think its not completely  explained yet is part of the problem of why some people are not happy yet. I guess unanswered questions is the issue. I would like to try some of these new tools though. I doubt I will switch sides but who knows especially if Dewalt is willing to hook me up for free are you listening :) 

Yea, in hindsight if I could go back 10 years I'd be blowing up a youtube channel with tool reviews. Those guys get hooked up. 

Hey you can start now and have a hook that no one else has and get views they all send review copies eventually. Even aholes. like Realtool reviews gets advertisers and tools. A few guys have gotten started on Instagram. I might try Snap Chatting tool reviews that seems to be the new social media platform that is blowing up.

5 hours ago, wildroamer said:

FLEXVOLT 60V MAX* Brushless Reciprocating Saw 2 Batteries

I figured I would take advantage of the last day of $20 off. And have around 2 months to cancel if a 20 volt comes out, or a better price.

I got the one with the one battery. I figured I've got the nailers and a yard tool so getting more 60v batteries wouldn't be a benefit right now. Can wait to hear the whole story tomorrow!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dewalt thinks the chargers they already have are rapid chargers. They have some of the slowest charge times in the entire industry. 

I want them to compare to Makita if they're going to have such low ah initial offerings, or else the overlap of redundancy means I'll have a grand in batteries to support what I'd need to supplement my 20v line with current charge times. 

Who has almost 2 hours to charge a 6ah battery. 

Checked the description and it says 1 hour charge time. Not the greatest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I got the one with the one battery. I figured I've got the nailers and a yard tool so getting more 60v batteries wouldn't be a benefit right now. Can wait to hear the whole story tomorrow!

Why does the event have to be the day after pay day...................

• Like 1

Dear Dewalt Santa,

Christmas appears to be 6 months early this year.

I have been (almost) a very good boy and I would like you to bring me a big cordless mower. One or two Flexvolt batteries, I don't mind, as long as it's yellow and cuts the grass real nice.

Oh, and some time in the next 6 months, a Flexvolt chainsaw would be real nice.

I don't need Flexvolt for 'one hand' tools like drills or drivers as the battery is too heavy. But big stuff......that's all good.

Thanks, I'll leave out a carrot for Rudolf.

BA

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

Dear Dewalt Santa,

Christmas appears to be 6 months early this year.

I have been (almost) a very good boy and I would like you to bring me a big cordless mower. One or two Flexvolt batteries, I don't mind, as long as it's yellow and cuts the grass real nice.

Oh, and some time in the next 6 months, a Flexvolt chainsaw would be real nice.

I don't need Flexvolt for 'one hand' tools like drills or drivers as the battery is too heavy. But big stuff......that's all good.

Thanks, I'll leave out a carrot for Rudolf.

BA

I believe Rudolf prefers schnitzel.

• Like 1

Battery weight is big. I also prefer the smaller 2ah when I don't need the extra runtime/power. That is why I think this is a great addition not replacement for the 20v line. A recip saw is a good example. When I am using one it is for tougher, longer tasks that usually I grab a power one for. Cutting window openings on a new build, cutting out plates, or when doing demo on a remodel it is used a ton and usually not just 5 minutes at a time. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Checked the description and it says 1 hour charge time. Not the greatest.

That sucks Milwaukee has a quick charging on the new 5.0 6.0 and 9.0 ah batteries. That's a big of a disappointment if Dewalt didn't work on charge time. I know why they didn't the slower you charge the less stress on the cells and longer battery life.

So when will the official release of information start tomorrow and I assume it will be east coast time zone? Even though the cat got let out of the bag on some of the items, I am sure there will be more than was posted. I can't wait to see the tools being used. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

That new 4 pole angle grinder is already out in belgium. I cant feel alot of difference between the old and the newer 4 pole model really. Still does not compare to the Brushless models from milwaukee, makita and Metabo.

Like dwain said, i posted some pictures of an upcoming brushless model that was introduced at the bosch european show a few weeks ago :)

seen on amazon

Product Description

The DEWALT DHS790AB flexible 120V max* double bevel compound sliding miter saw w adapter Kit features flexvolt technology; the world's first battery that automatically changes voltage when you change tools. The flexible battery is backwards compatible with our 20V max* tools so you get up to 4X the runtime. (**With flexvolt 60V max* battery when used with DEWALT 20V max* tools.) this is a bare tool item - battery sold separately. The miter saw includes a 120V max* AC adapter that allows you to use as either corded or cordless power, delivering the ultimate flexibility. A powerful 120V Brushless motor provides long runtime compared to brushed Motors. Designed for cutting wood, this miter saw offers extended runtime, capable of 310 cross cuts in baseboard molding. For ultimate accuracy, this miter saw offers easy to read bevel and miter scales, along with the cutline(tm) blade positioning system. Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2" nested and base molding up to 6-3/4" vertically against the fence. Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops miters 60° to the right and 50° to the left providing increased capacity. With a tool weight of only 56 lbs., this miter saw is compact and portable. Specs: no load speed of 3800 RPM, arbor size: 5/8", vertical capacity (baseboard against fence): 6-3/4", vertical capacity (crown molding vertically nested): 7-1/2", horizontal capacity (baseboard lying flat): 16", horizontal capacity (crown molding lying flat): 13-3/4". includes: (1) Dhs790 miter saw, (1) blade, (1) blade wrench, (1) 120V max* AC power adapter, (1) dust bag.
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, midogrumpy said:

seen on amazon

Product Description

The DEWALT DHS790AB flexible 120V max* double bevel compound sliding miter saw w adapter Kit features flexvolt technology; the world's first battery that automatically changes voltage when you change tools. The flexible battery is backwards compatible with our 20V max* tools so you get up to 4X the runtime. (**With flexvolt 60V max* battery when used with DEWALT 20V max* tools.) this is a bare tool item - battery sold separately. The miter saw includes a 120V max* AC adapter that allows you to use as either corded or cordless power, delivering the ultimate flexibility. A powerful 120V Brushless motor provides long runtime compared to brushed Motors. Designed for cutting wood, this miter saw offers extended runtime, capable of 310 cross cuts in baseboard molding. For ultimate accuracy, this miter saw offers easy to read bevel and miter scales, along with the cutline(tm) blade positioning system. Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2" nested and base molding up to 6-3/4" vertically against the fence. Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops miters 60° to the right and 50° to the left providing increased capacity. With a tool weight of only 56 lbs., this miter saw is compact and portable. Specs: no load speed of 3800 RPM, arbor size: 5/8", vertical capacity (baseboard against fence): 6-3/4", vertical capacity (crown molding vertically nested): 7-1/2", horizontal capacity (baseboard lying flat): 16", horizontal capacity (crown molding lying flat): 13-3/4". includes: (1) Dhs790 miter saw, (1) blade, (1) blade wrench, (1) 120V max* AC power adapter, (1) dust bag.

That's a game changer. Full size miter saw that is corded and cordless. I think this is going to be the first tool I buy. 

• Like 2