#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

I don't know what to think yet i am glad i didn't buy any of the 40v tools seems like such a waste to even put their time and money in the line to then come out with 60v tools. Kinda like their 36v line and the 24v. As far as the amp hour battery i am sure they will have it up to 9 amp hour in no time look how fast the 20v system went from 3 to 4 and now 5&6. Some stuff i really don't think you need cordless and there just doing it to one up other companies.

The competition will be good for every consumer. Dewalts 9ah will be out in January and then it will be a better comparison. Im partial to Dewalt because I like their miter saws and table saws so much. 

Yes, this is something they are very good at, I don't think many relate the word miter or table saw to Milwaukee

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

These are exciting tools, but I wish they expand the 20V line would like to see a 20v 7 1/4 Brushless circular saw, but I do like the 60v/20v idea this way you don't have a special 60v battery pack that can only be used on that specific tool like the old 24V and 36V dewalt stuff, still have a 24v Circular saw but no batteries.

About time someone made an AC adapter for these cordless tools, this is great for the DIYer that like the cordless aspect but the tool doesn't become useless if the batteries die or get discontinued.

1 minute ago, DPSElias said:

These are exciting tools, but I wish they expand the 20V line would like to see a 20v 7 1/4 Brushless circular saw, but I do like the 60v/20v idea this way you don't have a special 60v battery pack that can only be used on that specific tool like the old 24V and 36V dewalt stuff, still have a 24v Circular saw but no batteries.

About time someone made an AC adapter for these cordless tools, this is great for the DIYer that like the cordless aspect but the tool doesn't become useless if the batteries die or get discontinued.

after seeing that they are not forgetting the 20V lineup, these new 60V and 120V tools are starting to grow on me. Now lets see what other 20V tools they release.

Yea, which these 60V tools would be compatible with a 20V battery in some capacity even if the power was a little less, but if you have a 20V line up you'll have several of those batteries and if you have one 60V tool, i.e. circular saw in my case, you'll have several 20V batteries and 1-2 60V batteries, but hey 20V tools can last nearly all day on one battery maybe the 60V will be just as good if not better but a circular saw usually chews through batteries....I'll wait for some video proof.

But if I was going to need to invest into another line up I might just go to another brand......using 60V batteries on a 20V tool is nice.

So am I understanding this correctly, they have come out with yet ANOTHER battery platform? This is one of the reasons why I ditched DeWalt to begin with. Others started to settle on one platform while DeWalt was still selling two styles of 18V batteries and tools.

As far as voltage, it means nothing without the amp hours to back it up. Which is why i suspect Milwaukee put out their comparison pictured above.

• Like 2

Yea, which these 60V tools would be compatible with a 20V battery in some capacity even if the power was a little less, but if you have a 20V line up you'll have several of those batteries and if you have one 60V tool, i.e. circular saw in my case, you'll have several 20V batteries and 1-2 60V batteries, but hey 20V tools can last nearly all day on one battery maybe the 60V will be just as good if not better but a circular saw usually chews through batteries....I'll wait for some video proof.

But if I was going to need to invest into another line up I might just go to another brand......using 60V batteries on a 20V tool is nice.

Yes I want to see a test with the circular saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, MikeInCtown said:

So am I understanding this correctly, they have come out with yet ANOTHER battery platform? This is one of the reasons why I ditched DeWalt to begin with. Others started to settle on one platform while DeWalt was still selling two styles of 18V batteries and tools.

As far as voltage, it means nothing without the amp hours to back it up. Which is why i suspect Milwaukee put out their comparison pictured above.

I don't disagree, but at least you can use them on the 20V tools so it's not a completely new platform, but yes 60V tools will be a new platform....It's nice to see some bigger badder tools but at the expense of convenience. But honestly think this would make someone look at Milwaukee/Makita a little harder when deciding on a platform