#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think it will be acceptable, clearly they felt it was enough, and in time I'm sure it'll expand...but with competitors already moving to 9ah 18v...makes me wonder what made them hold back. I just feel like already having exposure to 5ah 20v will make 60v runtime feel inferior in comparison. Spoiled if you will. 

If 1000 watts is desired power output from 20v 6ah/60v 2ah battery

20volts x 50 amps = 1000watts

60volts x 16.7 amps = 1000 watts

20x50 - 50^2 x (0.1 ohm) = 750 watts out 

60x16.7 - 16.7^2 x (0.1 assuming same resistance) = 975 watts out

From same battery (20v 6ah/60v 2ah)

Less energy loss using 60volts = better runtime than using 20 volts with same battery

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, More^×2U said:

If 1000 watts is desired power output from 20v 6ah/60v 2ah battery

20volts x 50 amps = 1000watts

60volts x 16.7 amps = 1000 watts

20x50 - 50^2 x (0.1 ohm) = 750 watts out 

60x16.7 - 16.7^2 x (0.1 assuming same resistance) = 975 watts out

From same battery (20v 6ah/60v 2ah)

Less energy loss using 60volts = better runtime than using 20 volts with same battery

Nice. Can you suggest what it would be comparable to? You're suggesting 1/3 the amps for the same wattage, so would that compare to more of a 3 or 4 amp 20v runtime on the same tool?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nice. Can you suggest what it would be comparable to? You're suggesting 1/3 the amps for the same wattage, so would that compare to more of a 3 or 4 amp 20v runtime on the same tool?

Acme site listed 100 2x4 cuts with 60v circ saw on 1 fully charged battery (20v 6ah/60v2ah). Not sure how that compares to other brushless 18v 7 1/4 circ saws on market. Site pulled it down. May have misread.

2 minutes ago, More^×2U said:

Acme site listed 100 2x4 cuts with 60v circ saw on 1 fully charged battery (20v 6ah/60v2ah). Not sure how that compares to other brushless 18v 7 1/4 circ saws on market. Site pulled it down. May have misread.

Then it's comparable 2ah in 20v as well. DCS361 (cordless miter saw which is brushed) is listed at 183 cuts with the 4ah battery. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Then it's comparable 2ah in 20v as well. DCS361 (cordless miter saw which is brushed) is listed at 183 cuts with the 4ah battery. 

Then its clear. Using 60v probably allows comparable run time to 2ah 20v tools but provide significant increase in available power for heavier applications where 20v tools would probably hit shutdown current clips to protect motor from short and long term high current damage 

10 minutes ago, More^×2U said:

Then its clear. Using 60v probably allows comparable run time to 2ah 20v tools but provide significant increase in available power for heavier applications where 20v tools would probably hit shutdown current clips to protect motor from short and long term high current damage 

Yea. I mean I can see where increases in efficiency would result in gains in the real world, if I can cut twice as fast then I'm effectively doubling my runtime, but as far as tools that run wide open like the grinder, are likely only going to see gains from brushless design, which from such a high demand tool might not be that much. 

I can run through my entire lineup of batteries (35ah i'd guess) with my 20v grinder before I can charge one. I'll take what I can get. 

• Like 1

I'm just sitting back reading all this and thinking what a shit storm Acme created for them selves. And how DeWALT has screwed over their users. In my opinion. Don't get me wrong, kudos to them for the innovative thinking. You got to believe some where at corporate they are high fiving them selfs. Until they see the back lash this is going to create on the 21st. I'm glad I didn't invest that much in Dewalt hahaha.??????

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yea. I mean I can see where increases in efficiency would result in gains in the real world, if I can cut twice as fast then I'm effectively doubling my runtime, but as far as tools that run wide open like the grinder, are likely only going to see gains from brushless design, which from such a high demand tool might not be that much. 

I can run through my entire lineup of batteries (35ah i'd guess) with my 20v grinder before I can charge one. I'll take what I can get. 

Dewalt UK lists DCG412 at 450 max watts out. ACME site claimed 60v grinder has 13amp AC power which is (13x120) 1500 watts outs!!!! Like you said...cut twice as fast = double runtime..maybe triple in grinder case.

For some reason I thought I read 339 cuts for the 60v saw...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, overanalyze said:

For some reason I thought I read 339 cuts for the 60v saw...

I believe it said 339 cuts on one charge as well. That should put the saw competitively with Makita and Milwaukee. I'm also guessing Dewalt will release a 9 ah battery in probably 8 or so months after a lot of people have bought into the new tools. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking this whole idea. I am really interested to see the new Dewalt circular saw compared to both the Milwaukee and Makita. I've used the Milwaukee and was really impressed by it. 

You don't visit the forum one day and the whole world goes Dewalt crazy. Interesting stuff for sure though from Dewalt. I guess we now know why brushless cutting tools were taking so long to come out on the 20v max platform. Dewalt had other ideas of what they wanted to do.

• Like 2

You have to admit even if your not a fan of the red branded tools they did bring a bunch or innovation to cordless tools the past few years. The market has changed so much the past few years regarding cordless tools. I just feel bad for Bosch they invested in that wireless charging that no one really seems to be interested in.

I guess I don't understand why some of you seem to be upset by this. It's not screwing anyone, it's giving everyone options and unity. I'm heavily invested in dewalt, and the 20v line. I have almost all that I want at 20v, and the stuff I want that's not available is mostly covered by the 60v line. Now I can buy just a few tools and batteries to supplement that, have all the tools I need, and can swap the batteries between tools. 

Disagree with the prices or designs, but the logic is sound boys. The cordless jobsite is here and available to everyone, especially those who are already invested like I am.

Nobody was whining and complaining when they started coming out with 40v tools. But if they were compatible with 20v suddenly that would be screwing the people? I don't follow.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DR99 said:

You have to admit even if your not a fan of the red branded tools they did bring a bunch or innovation to cordless tools the past few years. The market has changed so much the past few years regarding cordless tools. I just feel bad for Bosch they invested in that wireless charging that no one really seems to be interested in.

I give red the most props with the M12 system. The diversified it at the perfect moment when there really wasn't shit going on with anyone else. I almost bought in myself. 

Bosch to me is good brand but cordless offerings are rather anemic, they kind of seem to half ass their efforts somehow just to scrape by, but I think their marketing is half of their problem as well. 

The site said the grinder was a 4.5" to 6"...I presume it could handle up to a 6" disc.

Bosch is falling further and further behind, at least in the US market, for cordless tools.

7 minutes ago, joemontague said:

When can we order and where

Earlier today Acme tools had some of the new tools on their website available for preorder. Apparently they were not suppose to release those tools yet and they have since been removed. You'll have to wait until Tuesday for the formal release.