A Message For All.....

comp56

With 2016 coming to an end, I would like to take this time to acknowledge all the new members that joined our tool enthusiast forum we all know as TIA this year including some second generation Tool guru's, Some of our members were blessed in receiving children, some as new parents and some with new additions to their growing family. Give them a special welcome for being part of a drama free community.
As the latest appointed Moderator of the forums I would like to mention that this is an honor, Moderator is a strong name for my new position on the site as it is more focused on the inner workings of the site than actual moderation. Our community is growing each and everyday, the amount of knowledge is growing, the amount of giveaways, the amount of new tool information, the amount of members, everything about TIA is getting Bigger Better Smarter. I would also like to thank Eric and Dan for yet another year of exciting news on tools from all kinds of companies for providing a place on the internet that we all can meet up and talk about our own experiences with new tools we acquire or share stories of tools we have had for years whether it be at home or at our work place. I would also like to thank each and everyone for their contributions to the forum we all have learned mountain high volumes of knowledge with this shared information. So with only hours left of 2016 I would like to take this moment to hope everyone has a Bigger Better Smarter 2017.....   

• Like 21

Well said Comp........ 

it is truly a pleasure being a member here !!!!! Every day some new talent is being added to the pool, allowing all members to learn about almost anything. That is an absolute gift in its own !!!!!!

thank you to all the members that take the time to post their accomplishments, allowing all of us to appreciate craftsmanship at its finest !!!

a BIG THANKS...... to Dan & Eric, and all the mods. You all do a great job keeping this place a well oiled machine.

ALL THE BEST CREW FOR A HAPPY SAFE 2017 .........

• Like 8

Tomorrow will be exactly one year here for me. Sweet!!

Yeah the forum transition wasn't so bad....

Had a nice chat going there for a bit.....

A little drama at one point..... someone had to leave....

Things died down..... Back to normal.....

I got distracted by Instagram.....

As of late, seems like a few guys from Instagram here, that's a plus.....

Good work all around CREW!!

• Like 4

Oh boy yea this year was interesting. I feel bad for the guy that had to leave the forum because it was obvious he had mental/maturity issues, but we had to move forward and he crossed a line. Other than that this forum is pretty self moderating except for banning the occasional spammer which thanks to Eric and the anti spam software which keeps the spam out now. It was really bad before now its once in a few weeks I see a spammer if that.

• Like 6

Thanks all for making this little IG guy feel welcome! I've been watching TIA on YouTube for a bit over a year, and always wanted to get on the forum after I heard about it. Glad I finally did thanks to@knarlycarl, and also thanks to Phil for the sweet deal on the ratchet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Oh boy yea this year was interesting. I feel bad for the guy that had to leave the forum because it was obvious he had mental/maturity issues, but we had to move forward and he crossed a line. Other than that this forum is pretty self moderating except for banning the occasional spammer which thanks to Eric and the anti spam software which keeps the spam out now. It was really bad before now its once in a few weeks I see a spammer if that.

yes it was to bad, however the team handled the situation professionally and promptly which didn't lead to other problems and we swiftly moved on.....  

• Like 5

Well said comp! This forum has by far been the best forum I have ever been a part of! Every other forum I have been a part of has had their resident assholes but not this forum. Everybody here helps each other at some point or another and is nothing but nice! Lets make next year even better!

• Like 6

I echo your sentiments. After taking most of 2016 off I can't tell you how nice it is to be back in the swing of things. Building up a forum takes time. When Dan and Eric recruited Wayne Burgess and I to start trying to get this place rolling there were days on end where he and I would be the only people commenting at all. Someone new would pop in, post for a few days, sometimes a few weeks, then they were gone. 

We tried everything. We did forum exclusive giveaways, we added new features and forums, tried to streamline the user experience, merged the Dewalt Owners Group, and little by little we got members to stick. We tried to create a place that was different and as a result, the members that became regulars were different too, and that was definitely a good thing. 

There are bigger forums out there, some of us are members at some of them, but TIA has always been home. We're like the Mayberry of tool forums (I guess that makes ChrisK our Barney ?). We've been blessed with great people that make this a great place to call home. While the big city is not without it's charms, there's just something special about a small town and I'm a small town kinda guy. People here will embrace you as their own if you give them the chance. We've had a few here and there that just didn't fit in, but they usually show themselves to the door. 

Regardless of how it sounds, TIA is a part of who I am. My family, friends, and guys on other forums know it too. It's become a part of my identity both personally and socially. I'm proud to be a part of this community and if I've made even a fraction of the impact on it as it has made on me, it's been time well spent.

Thanks to everyone who makes this community possible. From Dan and Eric, the forum staff, all the way down to the guy that joined yesterday. Happy New Year to everyone here at TIA and may 2017 be the best year yet! 

• Like 8

As comp, DR99 and Conductor said 2016 was a very interesting year. TIA is one of the most hassle free forums on the net. thanks to the CREW who for the most part police them selves. You guys make the mods job easy for the most part.

I know that when people watch the TIA videos then just think that Dan and Eric are just to guys in a garage. What they don't see is all the time and effort that they put into TIA to make this place what it is and what they have to do to get these tool company's to give up some good merch for the give away's. When they say it is all about the CREW they really mean it

• Like 5

Man guys there's no other way to say or tell like u guys did but I'm gonna try lol!! Dan and Eric created this place for all us tool junkies to come and interact with and socialize with but I don't think they thought we would become a family cus that's how I feel though I haven't met u guys in person I feel like I have I talk about the crew to my bro in laws and best friends and they're like wtf are these peeps?? Lol! I respond with the word my FRIENDS, I wish I had more talent and tool knowledge to bring to the table but 100% of the time it's u guys teaching me so much and I just want to say Thank you! And Thank you to our great hard working  Moderators and b4 I forget congratulations to my Toolsnob friend Chrisk for becoming a DADDY? And another big congrats to Comp for becoming the newest moderator! Comp you are one talented dude and I know if I ever need any kind of advice or help with something I know I can count on you?  Dan and Eric THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! U GUYS ARE JUST STRAIGHT UP BADASS'S!! It's amazing for 2 guys to give up so much of there time to create all they've done for the crew. And last but not least THANK YOU to the TIA CREW#1 we've seen peeps come and go thru out the years but each year we pick up more and more solid crew members and each year like many have said already our Crew gets stronger???? HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE HAPPY NEW YEARS OUT THERE CREW????????

• Like 7

Everyone already said everything that I would have said. This is the best forum I've ever been on, it rivals cigar forums for kindness and helpfulness, unlike any other tool, trade, hobby forums. It's a community of friends, not just a forum. I consider myself lucky to be a member here.

• Like 5

Well said comp ? I joined in January and wasn't too active till a couple months ago and everyone is so welcoming and helpful :) I would like to thank all the moderators and Dan and eric for all the work they have put in the forum . Also a special thanks to people that are always commenting and looking at my posts such as comp,conductor,knarlycarl and so many more ☺thanks again and hope everyone has a happy save new year ;) 2017 

• Like 3

Man guys there's no other way to say or tell like u guys did but I'm gonna try lol!! Dan and Eric created this place for all us tool junkies to come and interact with and socialize with but I don't think they thought we would become a family cus that's how I feel though I haven't met u guys in person I feel like I have I talk about the crew to my bro in laws and best friends and they're like wtf are these peeps?? Lol! I respond with the word my FRIENDS, I wish I had more talent and tool knowledge to bring to the table but 100% of the time it's u guys teaching me so much and I just want to say Thank you! And Thank you to our great hard working  Moderators and b4 I forget congratulations to my Toolsnob friend Chrisk for becoming a DADDY[emoji106] And another big congrats to Comp for becoming the newest moderator! Comp you are one talented dude and I know if I ever need any kind of advice or help with something I know I can count on you[emoji106]  Dan and Eric THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! U GUYS ARE JUST STRAIGHT UP BADASS'S!! It's amazing for 2 guys to give up so much of there time to create all they've done for the crew. And last but not least THANK YOU to the TIA CREW#1 we've seen peeps come and go thru out the years but each year we pick up more and more solid crew members and each year like many have said already our Crew gets stronger[emoji123]?[emoji123]? HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE HAPPY NEW YEARS OUT THERE CREW[emoji322][emoji323][emoji322][emoji323][emoji482][emoji482][emoji481]?

Much love back to you big Mikez [emoji173]️

I don't get in here as much as I'd love to these days (Instagram takes up to much time [emoji13]) , but the TIA Crew rocks!!

All the best for 2017 Guys [emoji109]

Kind Regards

James Mason

www.renovationjunkies.com.au

• Like 2

Talk about a bunch of softies here... geez

Ha ha I kid I kid, happy new year to all, comp congrats man well deserved! Happy to be apart of this forum there is endless knowledge here! Conductor, I'm glad your back man we all missed ya!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Glad i joined this forum wish i would of found it sooner.  The atmosphere seems good here.  Much like a local gun forum I'm on.  Glad i missed the drama though haha.  Thanks for all you guys do. Hopefully i can put back what i take like some of you have.  Cheers to a new year! 

• Like 1

I just want to thank everyone on here, you guys have been a good distraction. Some of you already know that my little beagle passed away yesterday. He's been with me since a few months before my Dad passed away. He's been there for all the rough times and all them girls that have come and gone. He was like my child, I'm taking it rather hard. I had a lot of trouble going to sleep without him by my bed last night. You guys have been my first real distraction that make me feel a little more normal. Thanks for the love on Instagram, he was a really good dog, truly this man's best friend.

• Like 8

I just want to thank everyone on here, you guys have been a good distraction. Some of you already know that my little beagle passed away yesterday. He's been with me since a few months before my Dad passed away. He's been there for all the rough times and all them girls that have come and gone. He was like my child, I'm taking it rather hard. I had a lot of trouble going to sleep without him by my bed last night. You guys have been my first real distraction that make me feel a little more normal. Thanks for the love on Instagram, he was a really good dog, truly this man's best friend.

No problem at all. Just remember, he's still there with ya... Just waiting for you to join him...
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

sorry to hear dude....

• Like 1