Hole Saw kit

BIGBEARJT

Both depot and Lowe's have black Friday deals on hole saw kits.. Milwaukee at home Depot and Lenox at Lowe's if I'm not mistaken.. that would give you a nice assortment of sizes and be good for a mix of materials

if you do a lot of thin metal you might want to consider some of the Milwaukee sheet metal specific hole saws with the plug ejector spring. I think other brands also have similar ones but not sure who

I got the Milwaukee hole saw kit last black friday. It's treated me well so far. I would wait and see with the new Diablo hole saws that are coming out they have that cool quick disconnect feature that's pretty game changing. I don't know if you saw the TIA video on them. It's not on this weeks videos its either last weeks or the week before. They shot it during STAFDA.

• Like 1

yeap went to HD and seen the 14pc set from milwaukee, for my needs it will work great, also got the milwaukee 3 piece thin wall kit, i was also thinking of the diablo, but TBA on price and availability kept me from waiting. for $39 for the hole saw kit, not bad as i already owned a few of the other odd sizes.  

for sheet/thin metal up to a certain diameter, are the stepped drill bits better? i love them...

Yea they are the quickest and Milwaukee has some really high quality made in the USA ones now. Milwaukee also has the impact rated sheet metal hole saws with the spring loaded ejection Dmciguin did a review of them. They are nice if your only working with sheet metal. The new Diablo carbide recip blades and new hole saws should make it into the toolbad if they come out in time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Lenox 17 piece general purpose holesaw kit and it has been great so far. In the past ive had Starrett and Morse holesaw kits and they were worth the premium.

The Lenox saws work really well,I havent had any issues with them and if they get misplaced or used up or what have you they are easily replaced at Lowes.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenox-Tools-308201200G-General-Purpose-Bi-Metal/dp/B0000224TK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1418098815&sr=8-6&keywords=lenox+holesaw+kit

I have used them in thin metal such as metal covered doors and such with good results.

Those are sweet. Have never heard of them or seen them here in the us

Just checked and they are available in the US, but not widespread (yet?) It's called Profit Quick Lock in the US

See http://www.profitamerica.net

Edit. It seems the drill&drop feature isn't added in the US. That's a shame as that's the best feature.

Instead you need to take out the drill bit and use the backside to punch out the material. 

Just checked and they are available in the US, but not widespread (yet?) It's called Profit Quick Lock in the US

See http://www.profitamerica.net

Edit. It seems the drill&drop feature isn't added in the US. That's a shame as that's the best feature.

Instead you need to take out the drill bit and use the backside to punch out the material. 

$416.00 for 8 piece set and $835.82 for 31 piece set these things better be made of gold