Hole Saw kit

BIGBEARJT

Hahaha. Good luck :)

They used to sell the adapter (that slides onto their drillbit) seperately. So you could attach any holesaw you had, but they discontinued that. I think because they lost sales on their holesaws. 

Now their holesaws have the adapter attached to them. Which is one of the reasons why they are more expensive I guess.

Anyone have the Prosaw kit?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PRO-SERIES-19-Piece-Hole-Saw-Set-with-Case-PS07500/202717398

Looks like a good deal 13 diffrent saws for less than $20.

Somehow I doubt a $20 kit is gonna last very long,you get what you pay for especially if you use them on a regular basis.

Get a smaller good kit and add on to it as you need,the tools will be better and handle more jobs in the long run.

that $20 kit i would only get if you needed it for one time use.

Anyone have the Prosaw kit?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PRO-SERIES-19-Piece-Hole-Saw-Set-with-Case-PS07500/202717398

Looks like a good deal 13 diffrent saws for less than $20.

The only thing I can tell you is you get what you pay for. If this is something you are going to use once or twice a year it may be okay. For 10 more bucks you would be better off getting the Milwaukee kit at HD on sale for $30.00 Hole saws included are: 3/4 in., 7/8 in., 1-1/8 in., 1-1/2 in., 2 in., 2-1/8 in., and 2-1/2 in. When you start to get into larger sizes you can spend some cash. For what I paid for my 6" hole saw you can buy two of those $20 kits.

The only thing I can tell you is you get what you pay for. If this is something you are going to use once or twice a year it may be okay. For 10 more bucks you would be better off getting the Milwaukee kit at HD on sale for $30.00 Hole saws included are: 3/4 in., 7/8 in., 1-1/8 in., 1-1/2 in., 2 in., 2-1/8 in., and 2-1/2 in. When you start to get into larger sizes you can spend some cash. For what I paid for my 6" hole saw you can buy two of those $20 kits.

If you don't do a whole lot of hole saw drilling the 20 dollar kit might serve you well, but don't expect it to last long. At that price your buying a cheap consumable not a tool that will last you a long time

Yeh I just read the reviews on the set and see it is a weak piece of xxxx.

I let the cheap side take over.  It's after christmas and everybody's happy but my wallet.

couple hole drilling tips.....

1- if you don't want tare out drill pilot hole in center right through stop put desired hole saw on and on the backside run the saw in reverse for a few seconds to score wood then proceed to drill hole as normal on front side. By scoring back surface avoids tare out or chipping.

2- If you want any hole saw to perform better and faster, start hole score wood stop drill pilot hole on outer edge of where hole will be then proceed to drill normally.....obviously it is faster with second drill with pilot bit but the effort is worth it......

I don't know jack about Spyder.....Lenox.....well I just used a 4" Lenox in my DCD985 and blasted (well nearly broke my wrist) a hole through my sill plate to put the new dryer vent for my shop remodel that is a bad honkin hole saw!

• 1 month later...

Interesting topic considering I am in the market for a hole saw set... I can't seem to find any clear comparison between the Milwaukee Ice Hardened Hole saws, their Big Hawg hole saws or any of the others... Does someone happen to know the tangible differences?

Thanks Chrisk :) I've lurked here for a while and love the place! 

The only thing I can find that speaks directly to the Big Hawgs is that it may be designed specifically for fast drilling of larger holes... So I am not sure if that means if they suffer in durability compared to the Ice Hardened or what the trade-offs are (if any)..

So, I did a bit more digging and it turns out the Big Hawgs are made more for wood specifically (hence the design of the teeth, in hind sight, I should have known by looking at it...) Where as the Ice hardened are a multipurpose bit that do  wood, metal, etc but don't cut wood as efficiently compared to the Big Hawg.

• Like 1