New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Dude.....nothing.....NOTHING.....is worse than Florida. Just kidding, but not entirely sold on it. Out here I can Mountain Bike, hike, kayak no danger....down there...Mountain Bike - heat exposure, poisonous snakes and insects, alligators. Hiking - See aforementioned. Kayaking - See aforementioned....oh yeah and add sharks! And don't get me on overcrowding and Florida drivers!!!

your "ewww" made me think of the Jimmy Fallon skits making fun of the way teenage girls talk   halarious if you have never seen them 

this is a music video he made that pretty much sums it all up but there is a bunch of other skits that are great also  just search ew on youtube

When the wind stops and its that cold I call it dead cold. Everything freezes. You can't warm up, it gets in your bones. Then when the wind kicks in its just pure hell. Yesterday I was at a crash in the morning. It was -8. I was on scene for about an hour. I cleared the call and was going over Parker Mountain and it dropped to -13. No wind. I got out of the car and immediately started shaking. It felt much colder than the -8! The coldest I've seen is -26 without wind chill. Those poor guys in the lakes, NY, Il, Mi, WI.....screw that!

It warmed up today and was consistently in the 15-20 mark so it wasn't too bad. Funny how quick you acclimate to the temp. I took my pal Rufus out for a quick walk a couple of hours ago and ended up carrying him home. That fine powder snow gets in their paws and freezes and he can't walk. My neighbor got a kick out of that sight

It warmed up today and was consistently in the 15-20 mark so it wasn't too bad. Funny how quick you acclimate to the temp. I took my pal Rufus out for a quick walk a couple of hours ago and ended up carrying him home. That fine powder snow gets in their paws and freezes and he can't walk. My neighbor got a kick out of that sight

aww   what a good daddy!  :)      anything for our dogs, right!     i bet if your wife was complaining about her cold feet you wouldn't have carried her home!! hahahaha   

• Like 1

light weight! haha

heck yea bro in my night job I work in the freezers but I only have to be in there for a couple hours off and on throughout the night the lowest they get is about -6-15 but when deliveries come the doors stay open for awhile and it temp rises pretty quick and plus they supply us with some carhartt jackets and gloves and beanies that work well but still nothing compared to living in the areas U guys are at.

Well they are still sold out of the LED lamps at Lowes so last night I bought four more fatigue matS, moved my MFT table opposite my Kapex, framed a small wall for my lumber rack and moved my two lamp fluorescent light over to the "new" shop! I will wire that in today and maybe get a couple of sheets of OSB for the half wall which by the way is NOT 16" OC! Slowly coming to life over here! I'll post some more pics soon.