New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

So I got two of the three Freud lights up. Got my Dewalt tool box full of woodworking tools and am going to try to post a couple of pics tomorrow, pretty stoked, this is a really rewarding project and it's starting to come together in a really great way. I'll have to get a mini frgi to keep some cold ones down there too. You know..,Sam Adams and power tools...,a recipe for design.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice bro I'm probibly steal that idea for the clamps man if u don't mind and that light is awesome lookin Chris!

Piece of cake Mike, I didnt use plans, I have seen some on line so I took my old router table mount (I have enough for two more with that piece of 3/4" ply and started chipping I slots 1"w x 6"d. I then pocket screwed a backer board and made the shelf supports with square pieces glued and screwed via pocket holes for support. Fun and easy. No plans necessary! I'll probably do another Saturday after I move my friend Christina into her new house. If....IF....my wife lets me leave the master bed remodel and work on my darn shop!

• Like 1

How do you like the jet clamps? I have a couple irwins, need to expand and those look nice. Very jealous of that Freud light, that thing is awesome!

On that rack I have the Bessey K Body Revo Jr., Bessy K Body Revos, Dewalt XL Clamps (awesome by the way) and six jet clamps. Love them all but the Jets are really slick. Super smooth, heavy duty (they all are) and have built in rulers on the bars. Pricey but really really good I love the K Body Revos too....awesome stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of posts recently guys. Samantha and I are working hard on a master bedroom remodel and I've been slowly chugging away at my shop. It's still not done but I'm optimistic that it'll be done sooner than later. I've got an electrician coming in to add a panel for me and wire in some more stuff in the house but I'll have several outlets that I will wire in once the junction box is placed Monday. One more shop light to install. I hope you like it thus far.

Thanks sir! I just love the before and thus far. Blows my mind seeing it like that. I built a small access door out of pine knotty last night. I could see, there was room to glue and assemble. It was warm. I had a Sam Adams :)

Looks killer man! So much better doing an in home remodel when the shop is up and running.

dont tell me that man haha.

my wife is bugging me since month about her closet, when i gonna start that project.

im telling her everything, before i start that project...i want the garage/shop done that i can work quicker and easier and not moving stuff from a to b.

Wow Chris lookin good bro and I like how the handle look so original on that nice ass Dewalt tool box man and the stickers really make look much more cooler also, you've come quite aways man from where u started and when ur all done it's cool that UR gonna look back at all these pics and c what u built man. Very nice!!

• Like 1

Thanks Mike. I love looking at like the third pic and the last two. My electrician is in next week, I'll have a second panel and a junction so I can wire in all my outlets next week. The other light and I'll be in business. I'll post some pics of the grizzly set up too. I'm going to build one more wall around two sides of my furnace this spring too.