New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Thank you sir and NO! Unfortunately yesterday was a wake up call for me. Now I do run two Festool Midis which are perfect for DC and filtration but that cut I made last night was with my Dewalt 20v (which did AWESOME!) and the dust was unbelievable. Stupid stupid stupid rookie mistake. Now I am thinking about doing just that and getting a filter for the whole basement. Have you had any luck with finding any that peak your interest?

I have a crude one where I just attached a furnace filter to the back of a box fan and that helped a little bit but it has to be very close to whatever tool I'm using. It works okay with my miter saw but anything that I'm cutting with a circular saw just covers the entire basement. I started looking into one from Shop Fox, model W1830, and one from Jet, model 708620B. I'll probably end up going with the Shop fox one just because its cheaper and the Jet seems to be overkill for my small area that I work in.

I'd also like to get a dust deputy soon, it seems like that would definitely save some headaches with having to constantly blow out my shop vac filter.

• Like 2

The only thing I would do different is have it set up to use the 4" furnace filters. The little one inch is kinda lame plus they will get clogged up quick. It's an easy fix you just need to make it a little bit bigger to accommodate the deeper filter.

Thanks for that Nicholas, I will check out the site right now. Really dumb thing to last night.

Maybe dumb thing to do but we live and learn. You should never cut fiber cement board in side and always wear a mask. Silica dust is as bad or worse than asbestos it can harden in your lungs. Google Crystalline silica one time.

When I first went to work for the Utility we would use a rock wheel to do road cuts Dust and everything would fly when I left 35 years later you had to wear a supplied air mask when operating and a full face mask when working around it. Here is what a rock wheel is and this is low dust there where times you could not see you hand held in front of your face.

no shit, my first job was in a chrome shop.....we wore rubber gloves around the tanks that is about it.....chromium trioxide, costic soda ect ect now they have to wear hazmat suits.....

• Like 1