New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Chad I'll have to take measurements when I get home. It's basically about half of my basement but a good part of that will be storage for wood and fuel pellets. I actually haven't laid out the measurements. When I get home I'll do just that, I'm thinking about 25' by 20' ish.

Thanks Mike! Yeah I've got to go to Lowes and get a junction box before I wore that light in. Maybe tomorrow, I got a lot more done yesterday than I anticipated but now I've gotta crank it up and find a home for my new Rolair! Thanks Eric and Dan! Thanks Travis!!! Thanks Rolair...Bosch....EGO and Milwaukee! Thanks Klein!!

• Like 1

No your not the only one people that live in Florida tend to be special it seems. You hear the strangest stories from that state. Plus like everyone mentioned the bugs and lizards get huge down there. I defiantly want to live somewhere warmer some where that stays in the 30's to 40's all winter would be awesome. Once you get in the low teens 20's and it goes for long stretches it becomes an issue.

Couple of more pics from today. I installed one fluorescent light today, as I still can't get the LED lights as of this time. Framed up a small wall to block out sound from the stairs, and tomorrow I am going to finish the wall, pain and instal my lumber rack. Then I can start building another clamp rack and some shelves. Most importantly one for my new Rolair!!

• Like 1

Couple of cool things for me was using two tracks for my TS55REQ to make a length wise cut. Found out my "new" track I bought on eBay must've been crushed during shipping because one of the track connectors wouldn't slide in all the way, I did figure a way to make it work though and made a 110" track. Yeee - freakin' - hahhhhh, I installed six heavy compression mats and spent the past three hours standing on the concrete. My lower back is killing me. Thankfully there was an escape.....

Thanks Mike, I am going to try and get one more light in there, I didn't take a pic of the fluorescent one but is is near the single bulb light, on more where I am building the wall. That will be a storage rack wall and I will leave the floor clear to rip plywood with my TS. Dedicated space, gotta love it!

And got the wood racks and wall installed tonight. Then my Ridgid vac caught a smoke. Burnt the motor out. Oh well it was cheap and other than dropping the thing and spilling out a ton and a half of sawdust and cobwebs it'll go to the dump Saturday. Oh and lesson learned...don't cut fiber cement board indoors without your DC going. Cough cough cough.....

second pic though me off I was like what? who is holding the level?....then realized the pic is sideways.......

Chris i don't know if it is me or not but lately the more light the better for me anyway....

There will be one more light ove the wood rack for a total of three. I just have to get the right sized one that'll fit in the confines of the duct work. Tha whole are will be for breaking down sheet goods, storing lumber and assembly.