New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

LOOOKIN NIICE BRO!! How u doin with the big storm out there man.

30" and sixty mile an hour winds all day. I just got off duty....I said duty.....and have to snow blow again. Another 6" fell last night into early morning. Nothing like working all day the snow blowing all afternoon!

I just finished snow blowing. Man ah man I'm beat. To be honest, this was a pretty good storm. I thought they would over predict. They said 1-2' but when last I checked 30" is a little more than that! But is was brutally cold yesterday and today so the snow was fluffy and not the normal cement from Heaven we get.

30" and sixty mile an hour winds all day. I just got off duty....I said duty.....and have to snow blow again. Another 6" fell last night into early morning. Nothing like working all day the snow blowing all afternoon!

crazy man but now U can go in the shop kick back and drink a beer and look at those cool lights U put up bro!

I just finished snow blowing. Man ah man I'm beat. To be honest, this was a pretty good storm. I thought they would over predict. They said 1-2' but when last I checked 30" is a little more than that! But is was brutally cold yesterday and today so the snow was fluffy and not the normal cement from Heaven we get.

Ah fluffy snow is so nice I would take a foot of that compared to 4 inches of slush. 

Thanks Comp. As far as the base,met, can't see out the windows anymore. And we're due for 6-8 tomorrow and possibly another one Monday. This sucks. I was like....man! The 24th and my roof is clear....yee-ha! Not any more. Day three of snow blowing. Day three. Got the whole back yard and like you my best buddy is a little short of stature so it's important that I clear a path for him. I snow blowed then cleaned the roof today and got my neighbors driveway again, trying to widen it.

Oh and it's pretty warm out right now, maybe 20 degrees. This morning....no wind, air temp -16. Monday is supposed to get ultra cold again. Still...beats Gods Waiting room - Florida.

All in all a good day in the shop. Got one of the Freud lights hard wired and installed a pull switch. Cleaned up a bunch. Got a bunch of my project wood stacked and moved my Dewalt tool box onto one of my work tables. That was, and most of you know my aversion to spelling out swears but this deserves it...a truly horrible bitch. I am probably going to hard wire in the second light Freud light tomorrow and then place the third over my Kapex. I got my new Rolair (thanks Dan and Eric) up off the ground and Samantha came down and organized my Systainers after yesterday's daring feat, into some neat piles on the mobile bases. I'll take some photos tomorrow. Still a disaster but it's getting a lot better!

• Like 2

So I started to work in the shop again when Samantha asked me to modify some of the sixty year old pine knotty boards we are re finishing. When we tore out the old closet I had her save several boards. Ends up the guy who hung this wood didn't exactly do a great job and must've ran out of the chair rail he was using so her took some of the bead board and used that. 3/4" wider than the chair rail everywhere else for about 16'. I got to use my Kapex and DW745 to heavily modify some of the scrap pieces we kept by trimming the bead part of the knotty board and making it dimensional. All in all it came out pretty darn good in my opinion. All I got to do to the shop is clean the sawdust and cut the plug off of my second light to hardwire it. I drilled out a hole for the pull switch and wired that in. Next a junction to then next light and then I'll have two of these guys going ;)