Shower Reno Started....

comp56

got the shower reno underway, have tiles set and ready for grout......floor has 2" tiles so floor can be slightly angled 4 ways to drain...installing LED lighting in ceiling as well......

1_3.jpg

2_3.jpg

thanks guys,......@chrisk, no the hole in ceiling is for a flush mounted LED light....wife picked out this Pfister.....

016-hh5k-sq-c1.jpg

small tiles on floor with some grout....

floor1.png

made the floor from scratch.....took floor out to joist then added 6 short  2x4" at angles needed,glued and screwed  then 5/8" pressure treated plywood knurfed on the underside to follow angles when glued and screwed down then cement board on top knurfed same way... remembering this an old house the floor has 3"x10" joist 14" between centers then 1-1/2" thick tongue and groove then a 3"x 4" joist sub floor on top of that.....the whole floor is about 20" thick.....this is solid........

Lookin great comp When did u start this?

@bigmike Monday morning started taking out the old one piece walk in, actually there was nothing really wrong with it other than a 6" lip in the front and a molded chair on the back corner.

@regopit we looked at something like that but wife gets what wife wants.....

@bigmike Monday morning started taking out the old one piece walk in, actually there was nothing really wrong with it other than a 6" lip in the front and a molded chair on the back corner.

@regopit we looked at something like that but wife gets what wife wants.....

wow moving quick comp! Once again it's coming out great man!

duraboard, with membrane

Never heard of that one. Was it easy to install? How was the membrane to apply? Anymore it seems like tile is almost the easy part and the detailing before is what takes time.

I like the border you chose.

excelent job!! It's really looking great, I'm sure the wife is thrilled

Was the waterproofer you applied the paint on type? I've only used those on walls in some cases but I know a few guys that swear by that for floors... like you said, a successful tile job and leak proof shower, like most things, is all in quality prep work!

I've gotta mention your step ladder, I'm assuming it's the werner model 264.. I love that ladder, I own 3 of them. It is without a doubt my most used step ladder. It's super light and easy to move around, comfortable to stand on the platform and the shelf comes in handy.. it's especially a great ladder for painting. My dad, who is a painting contractor, turned me onto them. Like you, I also tape the handle otherwise eventually the aluminum turns everything black.. mostly your hands which makes a mess out of whatever your working on..

gets layered between thinset, as for the ladder ya it is a different brand but I'm sure it is the same... and that is not tape on handle it is a rubber type grip.....