What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Bosch recip blades are very under rated most people chose Diablo and Milwaukee, really I prefer Milwaukee and Bosch over NON-carbide diablos

I use Lenox blades too which alot of folks seem not as well. Ive heard good things about the milwaukee blades. I love my Lenox holesaws which is why i got some Lenox recip blades. the bosch blades are just crazy good and make prety fast work of things. I imagine one day when i have a more powerful recip to tryout id be even more impressed.

I totally gotta do my yards today and I may need to hit HD  ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fazzman said:

Im glad we dont have that either,we have stupid pretty stringent smog inspections every 2 years thou.

That sucks. The catalytic converters always seem to fall out of my vehicles the first time I hit a speed bump. Almost all the guys running powerstroke around here have EGR problems and rocks snap their exhaust off from the turbo all the way back so almost everyone is forced to do EGR deletes and 5" turbo back exhaust and just can't afford to put a cat in the system. It's the darndest thing how when the wind kicks up the dust the silicon in the soil builds up and reprograms the ECUs/FICMs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

The Lenox curved are sweet blades

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, there are some guys that say the Bosch's outperform them though. The first time I used my Sawzall it was cutting steel fire suppression pipe out of joists in a building with those curved Lenox blades and they blew my mind. I've been able to cut through 1/2" steel plate with the Lenox blades too. The long thin kerf Waukee torch blades have to be the nicest as far as utility and convenience goes.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are some guys that say the Bosch's outperform them though. The first time I used my Sawzall it was cutting steel fire suppression pipe out of joists in a building with those curved Lenox blades and they blew my mind. I've been able to cut through 1/2" steel plate with the Lenox blades too. The long thin kerf Waukee torch blades have to be the nicest as far as utility and convenience goes.

I love the torch usually for metal I reach for those

3 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I always look for Bosch blades first when I want Recip or jigsaw blades. I find they are the sharpest and best value in this part of the world. I have used Lenox before but have been unimpressed, same with Irwin, so I tend to avoid those 2 now. I have found some Makita blades to be very good also, along with Hilti. I got a bulk lot of Dewalt once which were rubbish in a cordless saw, shook the shit out of me. I picked up a Blu-mol blade yesterday to help with cutting through nails on the deck and am about to go try that out. Today is hopefully going to be a very tooly day :)

• Like 1

I did end up at HD today,I did spend some dough there but while we were there the strap on my daughters shoe decided to end its life so off to the shoe we went.

So instead of getting a pack of recip blades to go with the soil and such we bought,she got new shoes.

My wifes spidey senses musta went off or something lol. I did score a can of WD 40 dry lube and must say its pretty good already.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Man I'm glad we don't have inspections here. Most of my cars haven't even had parking brakes. 

The thing is that the parking brake has been out of adjustment for years. She never used it since it's an Automatic and the last 2 inspections they didn't even test it.

This year we went to a new place and they went through it like never before. He crawled under it to check for a cat and he even checked the filler neck to see if the restriction plate was in there 

Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't fail for something else. 

• Like 1

I always look for Bosch blades first when I want Recip or jigsaw blades. I find they are the sharpest and best value in this part of the world. I have used Lenox before but have been unimpressed, same with Irwin, so I tend to avoid those 2 now. I have found some Makita blades to be very good also, along with Hilti. I got a bulk lot of Dewalt once which were rubbish in a cordless saw, shook the shit out of me. I picked up a Blu-mol blade yesterday to help with cutting through nails on the deck and am about to go try that out. Today is hopefully going to be a very tooly day [emoji4]

Bosch is the only jig saw blade I buy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Well sir,I only have 2 of the 4.0 batts and I did that with one. I then swapped batts and finished the larger stuff I didnt take a pic of with plenty of battery left.

Its all about the blades used I feel,the bosch are pretty damn sharp and aggressive and I dont put excessive pressure on the tool,I also never cut in the same position i'm always rotating the tool while cutting to keepthe bladein the work.

I need to get some Bosch blades. I have some bigger things I need to take care of. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tool Lover 69 said:

What do you guys think of Bosch circular saw blades?

I prefer Diablos, now Bosch owns Frued with make diablos so I'm sure some of their daredevil blades, those would be the only ones i would consider, might share some of the same technology of the Diablos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tool Lover 69 said:

What do you guys think of Bosch circular saw blades?

I havent tried one,but Bosch owns Freud like mentioned above. Im pretty sure the Bosch daredevil circular blades are good.

I really like Diablo blades,they are hard to beat.

If I found either one on a good sale id buy them up.

• Like 1

Since I don't have any projects lined up, I figured I'd start with some mods to the new knife. Wanted to add a finger choil, and do some file work on the handle. Still in the rough phase, taking my time since I haven't done this sort of thing in a long time...

27069643336_6951c4d1ab_b.jpg

Decepticon 1 Clone 014 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

27069642866_3cbafecd79_b.jpg

Decepticon 1 Clone 015 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

• Like 1

Carl.... Hope you're ok !!!

had it happen to me years ago ....

horrible !!! Eye pain and tooth pain are 2 separate categories of hurt !!!

Yup thanks! On my back under a kitchen sink, safety glasses can't stop absolutely everything.

Back on topic, I actually pulled apart some old galvanized pipe with my cheater wrench! I like the wrench ok but man it feels a little bit sloppy and lighter than my Ridgid ones. I do really like the handle though, and it grips great.

Wish I grabbed a pic of the wrench in action but this one of the plugged pipe will have to suffice. ..

20160520_155109

-

That's in the supply fresh water mind you, not a drain. It's build up from rust and stuff in the water simply accumulating over time. .. lovely

-

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Carl.... Hope you're ok !!!

had it happen to me years ago ....

horrible !!! Eye pain and tooth pain are 2 separate categories of hurt !!!

I'll second that! I've hurt myself plenty of times. Hell I've had my foot crushed and I can tell you the greatest pain of all is stuff in your eyes. You do not know pain until you have a high pressure aerated iodine explode directly in your eyes. Never again.

6 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I'll second that! I've hurt myself plenty of times. Hell I've had my foot crushed and I can tell you the greatest pain of all is stuff in your eyes. You do not know pain until you have a high pressure aerated iodine explode directly in your eyes. Never again.

I was gonna click "like" ....

but nobody likes that !!!!! I'm with you ......

Everyone stay safe !!!!!!

11 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yup thanks! On my back under a kitchen sink, safety glasses can't stop absolutely everything.

Back on topic, I actually pulled apart some old galvanized pipe with my cheater wrench! I like the wrench ok but man it feels a little bit sloppy and lighter than my Ridgid ones. I do really like the handle though, and it grips great.

Wish I grabbed a pic of the wrench in action but this one of the plugged pipe will have to suffice. ..

20160520_155109

-

That's in the supply fresh water mind you, not a drain. It's build up from rust and stuff in the water simply accumulating over time. .. lovely

-

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Like a smoothie in a pipe !!!

• Like 1