Oscillating Multitool

kruton

So I am in the market for an oscillating multitool. I'm looking at corded units, mainly the Fein, Bosch and Dewalt. I have been watching a lot of videos and reading reviews trying to make my decision. They all seem to be solid tools. Right now I am leaning toward Fein, the two main reasons being I don't have any Fein tools and would like to try one out, and the other reason is Fein pretty much started the OMT game! You guys are always good with your thoughts and opinions so lay em on me! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No Dremel? I don't know about durability but I'll grab my corded dremel before my cordless Milwaukee because the dremel has a toolless blade swap. I haven't used the others you mentioned

I hadn't really looked at dremel. I will check them out now. I really like the tool less blade change. I am still getting info but so far the Bosch seems to be more accepting of other brands of blades. How is dremel in that regard?

They are all solid choices. I would probably go Bosch or Fein. I don't like the trigger on the Dewalt.

I have never really been a fan of paddle switches either. I know some guys that swear by them, but I just don't care for them.

I'm have the Dewalt on my to buy list but only cud I'm so invested into them but u can't go wrong with either bro I hear a lot of good things about the Bosch and like u said Fiens been around so they know what they're doin.

I like how quick you can rotate the dewalt attachments, the paddle trigger just isn't my thing.

ive actually been looking at the porter cable one... just as a wrench in the game

Hey man if there is another brand that is better or you like I'm completely open. That's what I love about this place. I guess I will be checking out the porter cable now too.

I have a Dremel one i got in a 3 tool bundle.  It doesn't have quick change on my model, which is pretty annoying.  I would at least narrow your choices down to ones that do!  Mine is also corded, and the cord is like 3-4 feet, so that is also annoying.  But its got power to handle most everything i needed it too.  Accessories are expensive, especially sand paper.  I always hit up Menards when they have their cheapest brand on sale.

Dewalts has an annoying trigger and here in belgium we can only het the one with propietary accessoires. Which is a no no to me.

Fein is a good one although het again: propietary accessoires which drive up the privé abit.

Personally i prefer the Bosch or Makita for using the OIS interface which is suite common over Herr. Both have a toolless blade change. Bosch's blade chance system is hands down the best. Makita uses thesame system as fein with a pin holding the tool. The pin can be released with a lever.

• Like 1

I hadn't really looked at dremel. I will check them out now. I really like the tool less blade change. I am still getting info but so far the Bosch seems to be more accepting of other brands of blades. How is dremel in that regard?

They accept a lot and if not there are adapters available.

Dewalts has an annoying trigger and here in belgium we can only het the one with propietary accessoires. Which is a no no to me.

Fein is a good one although het again: propietary accessoires which drive up the privé abit.

Personally i prefer the Bosch or Makita for using the OIS interface which is suite common over Herr. Both have a toolless blade change. Bosch's blade chance system is hands down the best. Makita uses thesame system as fein with a pin holding the tool. The pin can be released with a lever.

Try multitoolworld for blades. Based in Holland, cheap and just as good as dewalts at less than half the price
  • Like 1

Try multitoolworld for blades. Based in Holland, cheap and just as good as dewalts at less than half the price

Thanks for the heads up Turner. I'll probably buy one in the next week or two and will be looking for blades. I'll take all the savings I can get.

i think you're on the right track, if you want the best, Bosch, or Fein. I prefer the Bosch quick change system to the feins. the Bosch is louder, but has a pretty long cord, and great build quality. also festool just came out with one, I haven't used it, i'm sure it performs excellently. as far as blades go, bosch and dremel have a carbide tipped blade which is hands down the longest lasting blade out there. hope this helps. also the porter cable, and dewalt are basically the same tool. 

If you want the best you have to go with festool vecturo or the fein supercut? I have the Dewalt cordless and though I like the paddle switch I wish you could lock it at any speed you want instead of fullspeed only. They did it on the blower so maybe in the next revision.That might be 10 years down the road  knowing Dewalt.

• Like 1