M18 Stand Light release date?

nola tools

• 4 weeks later...

Is that with or without a battery, if it came with a 5.0 that could be a different story but if it's baretool like the other m18 light out now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. I guess I assumed it was a bare tool. Now I'm going to have to check it out and see.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's not cheap but when you factor in those so called cheap halogen costs that A) break when you look at them funny while using them B.) burn you and C) break while trying to fold them up the money on a light that looks so easy and portable while being burn free and ability to even raise up to 7ft. Is probably well spent. The only downside, like all of Milwaukee's led lights, is they are almost too nice in that unlike cheap halogens where you could care less if someone stole them or they broke you'll be upset with these nice ones...

Is the new stand light dual powered? I see from the specs that the flood light can plug into an extension cord, but I don't see anything on that front as far as the stand light goes. I'll be bummed if the stand model is battery only.

Is the new stand light dual powered? I see from the specs that the flood light can plug into an extension cord, but I don't see anything on that front as far as the stand light goes. I'll be bummed if the stand model is battery only.

I remember seeing one of them is not dual powered but off the top of my head I couldn't tell you which one.

The new flood that has the tilting head has a receptacle for an extension cord. I don't think the stand tower one does. I think the reasoning is the new flood has a massive heat sink in the head buried under all the plastic louvres so it can take being run 24/7 while powered off the mains whereas battery powered lights are never likely to be powered on so long at a pop...

• 6 months later...
So the stand light has been out awhile, and I just happened to suggest an improvement to it and Acme tool says it will be available with a hybrid power setup later this Fall!

-

That's great news! So what it'll be 300 now for something it should have originally shipped with?

That's great news! So what it'll be 300 now for something it should have originally shipped with?

Yeah something like that, just enough less than the Makita to make it look like a bargain!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

As long as they don't make it require a stupid power adapter like the fan.  I don't see them increasing the price, more likely decreasing the price on the non-AC model.  Now let's look at the power requirements.

5 Amp Hour battyer / 4 Hour runtime on high = 1.25 Amp peak draw

Amazon can provide an 18V, 2A power supply for $10.  I don't know about you guys but I'd wait to buy the old model at a discount and tape one of these to the side with the wires soldered in.

• Like 2