I have been having some big issues with Tool Nut lately regarding the correct shipments

DR99

I was wondering who should be the new go to vendor for tools on TIA? I'm kinda pissed at Tool Nut for screwing up two of my orders now :( At one time they were supposed to be really good I don't know what has happened now though.

If I remember correctly, they had messed up your drill order by providing the wrong batteries, but they were supposed to be correcting that. Did they ever get you your new batteries? And what was the new order but they messed up?

I have been considering ordering some stuff from them, but I may hold off.

That sucks, I hope they make it right. I don't know of too many online tool vendors, I mostly use Amazon. I've had great success with CPO but I really only use them for reconditioned tools because I'm cheap. Have you guys considered a vendor review section? I've seen it very successful on some forums in other industries/hobbys.

I have been going with Toolbarn. I think the shipping at Toolnut is a little better (if memory serves Toolnut is free over $40 and Toolbarn is free over $199) which kind of stinks but depending on where you live there is no sales tax like toolnut. I have never had any issues with them. I have thought about trying Acme out as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

@JasonC,

Shane from The Tool Nut here. I want to apologize for the negative experiences with your recent orders. This is definitely egg on our face and I can completely understand your frustration. I would be upset too.

Anyone who has had an issue with their Fein order, please contact me for assistance - shane@toolnut.com.

Just to explain the situation with the wrong batteries... Those drills were received from Fein and began shipping the next day. They were all marked with the correct product number and markings on the box as ASCM 18 QX models, which are supposed to have 4Ah batteries. The QXC is supposed to come with the smaller 2Ah batteries. My suspicion is that we got a handful of units that were old inventory that were manufactured before the higher capacity batteries started being used. While I hate passing the buck, because this is ultimately on us, we had no reason to believe that the drills would have the wrong batteries.

Edit: I should mention that as soon as we learned of this problem with the batteries, we went through all of our remaining inventory to check the batteries.

As for the Supercut being shipped wrong, I just found out about this on Friday afternoon and the warehouse was looking to see what happen. But, we take full responsibility for the screw up. Anyone who was affected by this errors, we will quickly fix the mistake for you and try to make it as hassle-free as possible based on the circumstances.

These types of mistakes are extremely rare and this was a bit of a perfect storm scenario. Again, please accept our apologies for the mess up.

Shane

That's nice to see Shane, thanks for standing for your service. 

Welcome to TIA Shane. Now that you feeling bad what kind of deal can I get on that new Finish nailer from DeWalt. Just kidding I getting ready to put my pre-order when do you think they will ship

I also would like to know a ship date for the nailer preorders. 

That's nice to see Shane, thanks for standing for your service. 

I also would like to know a ship date for the nailer preorders. 

Glad to be here, guys. Thanks for the welcome.  ;D

We have the DeWalt DCN660's on order and the most recent information that I have is an anticipated launch date of 10/15. I have emailed our DeWalt guy to see if he can confirm. He just responded and said that it's possible that they may be delayed and it may be more like 2 weeks until they ship from DeWalt. I'll update the thread as soon as I hear something more solid from him.

Basically, we're just waiting for our shipment at this point. Anyone who pre-orders these, we will not charge your credit card until the product ships. And, we'll turn this around the same day we receive them and ship them to customers who have ordered.

Shane

Glad to be here, guys. Thanks for the welcome.  ;D

We have the DeWalt DCN660's on order and the most recent information that I have is an anticipated launch date of 10/15. I have emailed our DeWalt guy to see if he can confirm. He just responded and said that it's possible that they may be delayed and it may be more like 2 weeks until they ship from DeWalt. I'll update the thread as soon as I hear something more solid from him.

Basically, we're just waiting for our shipment at this point. Anyone who pre-orders these, we will not charge your credit card until the product ships. And, we'll turn this around the same day we receive them and ship them to customers who have ordered.

Shane

Great. Can't wait to hold it in my hand after years of waiting, two weeks will feel like eternity. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys..    I have done a lot of business with Tool Nut over the years, mostly off their Festoolproducts.com site.. easily over 10K  maybe even up close to 20..    they have always been really good to deal with and very fair.   I know most of the guys personally from stopping into the store when im in NY or seeing them at local tool events.   They are a good bunch of dudes. 

I havent been around recently and dont know of any issues that people have been having but i would imagine that it is just normal stuff and totally unintentional on their part.   no one can bat 1000 all the time.   

they have a modest size store and crew of guys, I know there are times when they are having a good sale that they can get backed up a bit and thats totally understandable (its happened to me).    they arent some amazon giant that has the capacity to ship thousands of orders a day but from my experiences they stand behind their sales and care about making the customer happy. 

Hopefully everything gets worked out for any of you having issues

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I got my order today, and everything is perfectly in order. Packaging and description is spot on for what was included. Look forward to testing this tool and giving everybody my opinions on it's reliability and performance. 

Shipped to my door in 6 days from the far north to the far south is perfectly acceptable to me. Well done Shane and family at ToolNut. Look forward to future business. =-)

Thanks, Hugh. Glad you received everything in good order. I appreciate you posting about your experience.

If anyone's interested, we have just a handful of the Fein AFSC 18V cordless Supercuts left at $299, normally $499. Plus we're pitching in two extra batteries. Heck of a deal.

Shane

You're an evil man Shane to tempt me like that! If I didn't already have the Multimaster I would probably jump on it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk