Veteran Discounts

Petro0311

• 2 weeks later...

Read that there is a Sears Veterans day sale this weekend, 40% off of regular price and 10% sale price. There's a caveat though, you must present military id. I'm unsure if it has to be valid, I doubt they'll kick a veteran out for using an expired id but your mileage may vary. Good luck gentlemen! :)

Sears is pretty good with these things. I have a young guy that gives me 15% year round. All the stores have really cracked down though, at least by me. There was a time I could walk in with my DD214 which is just a piece of paper. Now I have to show my legit Veteran ID and they now check to see if it says "service connected" on it.

• 5 months later...
On November 7, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Petro0311 said:

Sears is pretty good with these things. I have a young guy that gives me 15% year round. All the stores have really cracked down though, at least by me. There was a time I could walk in with my DD214 which is just a piece of paper. Now I have to show my legit Veteran ID and they now check to see if it says "service connected" on it.

I have run into this problem at Home Depot. They have accepted my old I.d. the last few times but said they are cracking down and as you said the I.d. Will have to say "service connected". The va came out with some new kind of I.d. now that they didn't have when I originally got mine so I'll have to go and get the new one. A tip if you have to do this though is to say you lost your old one not that you need to upgrade to the new one. If you say you lost yours they can get you one in a couple weeks, if you tell them you need to upgrade your existing one to the new I.d. You'll be put at the end of a very long list. Also bring a form of secondary I.d. to the va with you! I hope that makes sense

• Like 1

On 11/8/2015 at 8:47 AM, Sarbatche said:

Home Depot is drastically reducing what inventory they'll give a discount on. Lumber, plumbing, and electrical wire are all out. As well as anything already with a promotion. Lowes, however, gives 10% off everything.

I have heard rumors also that HD is cracking down on discounts.

• 3 months later...

Sadly, lowes is cracking down on discounts as well, you cannot have your DL, DD papers only your ID active, base id, spouse ID military ID. Too many people have been scamming, Some people get angry with lowe's and home depot but they're only protecting themselves its really the scum out there that they should be angry with. Home depot you have to pretty much demand a discount at lowes its every day.

• 9 months later...

All veterans are able to register at vetverify.organization or .com don't remember. This will enable them to use the online exchange. This is live now for some vets. Will go live for all vets in November 

@Eric - TIA If you create an account online with Lowes, you can fill out a form to verify your vet status and apply the discount to online orders with them once it is approved, and for in store purchases all it requires is your phone number tied to the account.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JoeF
    Newest Member
    JoeF