GF surprises with new Fuel2 Hammer Drill/ Impact Driver kit!

JerryNY

I was joking about my "old decrepit" Fuel HammerDrill/Impact kit a few weeks ago with her so she surprises me and tells me she ordered the new kit! I love my old Fuel kit, I think I've only had it since Dec so it's not even a year old yet. It was super sweet of her but I'm tempted to have her cancel, I could sell the old kit I'm sure, I even still have the retail cardboard cover for the case lol. Hmmm wonder how much I can sell the kit for, the Fuel2 kit does look sweet...

lol my wife mentioned the same thing, she said what do you want for christmas a new gen 2 drill and impact........my eyes went to the size of saucers for a second and then thought as much as it pains me to say no I would rather put it against a new table saw.......then she slammed the door....lol

• Like 2

Forget about the drill, where do you find girlfriends like that?! My girl would freak if she knew how much good quality tools were.  Although the Fuel 1 is very nice, the new Fuel 2 is noticeably nicer.  Almost 2x the torque, better feeling handle, 5.0 batteries, belt clip, bit holder, side handle, lighter, more compact.....

I think Milwaukee might have included a belt clip on later gen1 Fuel drill kits. I know they changed chuck designs or manufactures at some point. It was pretty lame they didn't include a belt clip originally they can't be that expensive too make as its just some stamped sheet metal. The problem I had is if you ordered a belt clip the shipping was more than what you were buying!!!

Forget about the drill, where do you find girlfriends like that?! My girl would freak if she knew how much good quality tools were.  Although the Fuel 1 is very nice, the new Fuel 2 is noticeably nicer.  Almost 2x the torque, better feeling handle, 5.0 batteries, belt clip, bit holder, side handle, lighter, more compact.....

I got lucky, a cute, busty, green-eyed redhead who looks like a younger Christina Hendricks...

I think Milwaukee might have included a belt clip on later gen1 Fuel drill kits. I know they changed chuck designs or manufactures at some point. It was pretty lame they didn't include a belt clip originally they can't be that expensive too make as its just some stamped sheet metal. The problem I had is if you ordered a belt clip the shipping was more than what you were buying!!!

My kit came with a belt clip on the impact but not on the drill so I ended up buying a belt clip for the drill and a bit holder for the impact off Amazon. Ill be selling them with the kit I guess, I'd better put an ad up in the for sale section now that I found out she smartly got the kit with the free M18 Lantern too!!!

My Milwaukee Fuel Gen1 1/4'' impact came with a belt clip.I got it around April or May.Did not know about Gen2 being on its way.But never lost any sleep over it.The way I see it Gen 3 is probably next years model.Gen 4 the year after.

I got mine as a bare tool.Already had 3 4.0 batteries that came with my 1/2'' impact Milwaukee Fuel.

My Milwaukee Fuel Gen1 1/4'' impact came with a belt clip.I got it around April or May.Did not know about Gen2 being on its way.But never lost any sleep over it.The way I see it Gen 3 is probably next years model.Gen 4 the year after.

I got mine as a bare tool.Already had 3 4.0 batteries that came with my 1/2'' impact Milwaukee Fuel.

Not sure when the Gen 1 came out, but pretty sure it was not last year.  Tool companies don't update their tools like iPhones and such.

Crazy update:

My gf got me the fuel kit with free m18 lantern. While it was about to be delivered I saw the $150 discount deal they had for the same kit and saw that if you threw the m12 lantern in it only cost $69 so the kit and m12 lantern cost a total of $320, saving her $80 with the smaller lantern for which I have batteries too. I ordered the kit for store pickup and the one my gf ordered came via ups and I figured I would return that one while picking up the newly ordered kit. I brought the m18 fuel kit and m18 lantern to the return desk and the lady rings up the refund and looks at the m18 lantern I brought back and put on the counter and says "oh is that a separate return" I said no it came free with that kit so I'm returning it all. She looks at me like I have a third eye in my forehead and says "it's not on the invoice I have" and calls over another orange apron and confer. I glibly mention I'd be happy to keep the M18 lantern and she says " yeah that would work, we don't know what to do with it". With that I ran to the truck and threw it in the back before picking up the other kit...

• Like 1

Crazy update:

My gf got me the fuel kit with free m18 lantern. While it was about to be delivered I saw the $150 discount deal they had for the same kit and saw that if you threw the m12 lantern in it only cost $69 so the kit and m12 lantern cost a total of $320, saving her $80 with the smaller lantern for which I have batteries too. I ordered the kit for store pickup and the one my gf ordered came via ups and I figured I would return that one while picking up the newly ordered kit. I brought the m18 fuel kit and m18 lantern to the return desk and the lady rings up the refund and looks at the m18 lantern I brought back and put on the counter and says "oh is that a separate return" I said no it came free with that kit so I'm returning it all. She looks at me like I have a third eye in my forehead and says "it's not on the invoice I have" and calls over another orange apron and confer. I glibly mention I'd be happy to keep the M18 lantern and she says " yeah that would work, we don't know what to do with it". With that I ran to the truck and threw it in the back before picking up the other kit...

Ha......that's cool.....

Forget about the drill, where do you find girlfriends like that?! My girl would freak if she knew how much good quality tools were. Although the Fuel 1 is very nice, the new Fuel 2 is noticeably nicer. Almost 2x the torque, better feeling handle, 5.0 batteries, belt clip, bit holder, side handle, lighter, more compact.....

For some reason the photos of the drill don't really show how much more compact the new Fuel drill is. It almost looks and feels like an M12 hammer drill it is so compact. I don't know how they nearly doubled the torque and made it significantly more svelte. I think what's lost in photos is the main cylinder that makes up the housing for the motor is much smaller diameter and this along with the shorter rear end makes if feel like a compact drill. The original Fuel was pretty damn compact to begin with. Also the Fuel2 impact is nicely shrunken and the cooling fan spits out noticeably more air, maybe it's the higher RPM.

Now I gotta sell my old kit, still an awesome set IMHO, maybe I'll throw in one of the lanterns to sweeten the deal ;)

• Like 2

For some reason the photos of the drill don't really show how much more compact the new Fuel drill is. It almost looks and feels like an M12 hammer drill it is so compact. I don't know how they nearly doubled the torque and made it significantly more svelte. I think what's lost in photos is the main cylinder that makes up the housing for the motor is much smaller diameter and this along with the shorter rear end makes if feel like a compact drill. The original Fuel was pretty damn compact to begin with. Also the Fuel2 impact is nicely shrunken and the cooling fan spits out noticeably more air, maybe it's the higher RPM.

Now I gotta sell my old kit, still an awesome set IMHO, maybe I'll throw in one of the lanterns to sweeten the deal ;)

One should always have a back up drill LOL.

One should always have a back up drill LOL.

Not a bad idea but I already have a beat up old ryobi drill to use as backup and even a pretty decent ryobi backup impact too. I started moving most of my bit collection toward hexes too so I can use them interchangeably with the impact driver for convenience's sake when doing little things so even my impact driver can be used as a drill. The new Milwaukee red helix titanium bits have hex shafts and I like them quite a bit so far in limited use.