new DeWALT DCF887 3-Speed Impact Driver 20V MAX* XR Brushless 1/4"

midogrumpy

new tool release

just found it on Dewalt web site (wow, a post on a Sunday)

DCF887 20V MAX* XR Brushless 1/4" 3-Speed Impact Driver

from a quick glance what is new:

• 3 speed
  • 2mm shorter than dcf886

available as bare tool and kit

cited from the Dewalt web site:

• DEWALT built brushless motor and XR Lith-Ion batteries deliver more run time and capacity over standard units
  • 3-speed settings for optimized application versatility
  • Precision Drive in speed 1 for precision applications and added control
  • Three (3) LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release, provide visibility without shadows
  • One-handed loading 1/4" hex chuck with easy grip sleeve accepts 1" bit tips
  • Compact and lightweight design to fit into tight areas (2 mm shorter than the previous DCF886)

cheers

mike

Yeah that'd be like calling a VW Bug Turbo and a Dodge Challenger SRT the same thing. Sure both are cars, they have 4 wheels and they both come in yellow but you know the girls are driving the bug to the store and the guys are driving the Challenger at the track ;)

The chuck is different than the 895, that model kind of fell flat and was not widely loved.  Never used that one but heard it was difficult to use at times.  This model is dewalts answer to the gen 2 Milwaukee.  The torque on this one would actually be 25 more than Milwaukees, which will we actually notice? Probably not, but its nice to see Dewalt improve their impacts, especially with the 899 they introduced recently.

Me too. I've been using the DCF895 for a few years now and come to love it. Though in all honesty, it's been sitting in speed 3 ever since. Do like the chuck on this.

Sent from the yellow planet using Tapatalk

Like I've said I never used it but heard it was difficult to adjust to, I have a 2 speed m12 impact and I don't think I've ever dropped to the lower speed setting but it's nice to have, I've envied the Milwaukee users with the multi speed fuels.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk