new DeWALT DCF887 3-Speed Impact Driver 20V MAX* XR Brushless 1/4"

midogrumpy

When did Dewalt change their ratings? For the longest time in the USA they were using the UWO as their metric which no other company did.

I don't believe they've ever used UWO to measure impacts, it's likely very difficult to measure and perhaps the numbers numerically lower compared to the competition. Marketing gimmicks are only used to advantage, not disadvantage.

Like I've said I never used it but heard it was difficult to adjust to, I have a 2 speed m12 impact and I don't think I've ever dropped to the lower speed setting but it's nice to have, I've envied the Milwaukee users with the multi speed fuels.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the biggest thing is not having the exposed bit holder.  its flush in front.  that takes a little getting used to.  but the push button bit ejection is nice.  you dont need 2 hands to remove the bit.

Jimbo, I bet your 3/8" anvil will fit in that one too.... bit more breakaway torque

It probably would, maybe eventually but I'm satisfied with the 886 for the 3/8" anvil. But when I saw that I said a few words lol figures a new model would come out lol. Maybe Dewalt will be smart and release a brushless 3/8" with the higher torque rating.

Jimbo

The 887 will replace the 895 and the 886. You will probably see the 886 still ship in some combo kits for a while though. Not sure on pricing yet, should be around the same price as the 886. 

I'm surprised no body has mentioned the new light on the new drill (DCD791/796). 60 lumens and you can leave it on a 20 min timer. 

The 887 will replace the 895 and the 886. You will probably see the 886 still ship in some combo kits for a while though. Not sure on pricing yet, should be around the same price as the 886.

I'm surprised no body has mentioned the new light on the new drill (DCD791/796). 60 lumens and you can leave it on a 20 min timer.

Saw that on the video, not sure if I will replace my current 20v compact drill, I use my 995 for heavy drilling, love the 3 speed of the drill! Maybe eventually I'll replace it if the price is right.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RickyMcGrath posted the youtube video but he did not state the three new items in the vid

here we go:

DCF887, as mentioned in this thread above

then also

• dcd791 drill driver / waiting on the specs
  • dcd796 hammer drill   waiting on the specs

((hit me by surprise))

cheers mike

EDIT: Nevermind, found the PDF for both drills, and all the specs. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAAahUKEwiL5oyS1vLIAhXFFx4KHe-IBgs&url=http%3A%2F%2F2helpu.com%2FPDMSDocuments%2FEU%2FDocs%2Fdocpdf%2FDCD791-DCD796-TYP1-10_GB-XE.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGuzFvw6ZKK7Q6gyVM9JDddBHsKAg&sig2=R11MH-J_4t-_C29ZmAm4kA

• Like 1

So this is the updates to the compact drill versions, correct? I'd imagine so because this has a lot less power than the DCD995. Maybe an update to the big dog next year? 

That is correct, replacing the compact brushless drills. (Brushed DCF885 and DCD780 are still available)

So is it worth putting my DCF895M2 up for sale for this new sucker, I got the itch coming on and it needs soothing ;-)

Planning on putting my 886 on sale, seriously this is the one tool I've been waiting for, I've had some serious red envy and this out an end to that.

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...