Wacky Weather ......

comp56

ok so  I live right at the top of the great lakes, we should have some kind of snow for the season but none of the light dusting has been able to stay due to the higher than normal temperatures. Today Dec 9th no snow on the ground high of almost 48F and sunny.......good day for a BBQ what to cook?

tough to get in the holiday spirit, tree in the living room all lit up, look out the slider doors onto the deck, no snow, grass is green, looks more like September............... 16 days from santa day.....lol 

that reminds my of a buddy I had as a childhood friend, the family moved away to Australia when he was about 8yrs old we kept in touch from time to time.... about 40 yrs later he came to visit with his own family around Jan Feb so it was only fitting I took them all snowmobiling........it started to snow and they all got nervous thinking we were gonna get snowed in and stranded....I laughed and said we have a few more feet of snow to fall before that happens......his wife almost fainted....lol  

• Like 1

Up in the Northeast. I'm patiently waiting for the weather to turn. At this point the lakes in Northern NH should already be frozen over.

I'm willing to make a prediction though. My Father is getting ready to head down to Florida on Jan 3rd for the winter.. I already told him that this is when the Northeast will get their first major storm since he will be driving down :) 

tough to get in the holiday spirit, tree in the living room all lit up, look out the slider doors onto the deck, no snow, grass is green, looks more like September............... 16 days from santa day.....lol 

I live in Tampa, FL...you're describing every Christmas I've ever had! I can't recall a Christmas that I didn't wear shorts all day, haha.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this El-nino!! The past few Michigan winters were brutal!! Last years sucked but the one 2 years ago was freaking insane it was the snowiest winter even in the Detroit area. I hope January and February are also mild they are the worst months for me.

I live in the Fla Keys and we've had record rainfalls for a few weeks. The month of December averages 2 inches for the month, our driest time of the year, and we've had more than that every day besides today, a few days 4+ inches.

Pretty crazy watching it flash flood...on an island. 

I look at it this way where I live we expect approx 3-4 crappy months of cold or freezing weather, it's been like that forever not gonna change, however if we get nice weather going right into the middle of Dec or later then that cuts down the crappy time. less than 3 weeks and days start to get longer...... that is a blessing......we usually start getting crappy weather around halloween so we already cut out 5-6 weeks worth......

only thing about this is I feel for people that are relying on snow removal it is a big business and without snow not much to remove.....