What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

That looks like REALLY nice set. Too bad they didn't throw some hex bits in there too.

Yea but I got pretty excited to see that, hand it has a new version of their magnetic sleeve as well, I have the big one have never seen this little guy.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea but I got pretty excited to see that, hand it has a new version of their magnetic sleeve as well, I have the big one have never seen this little guy.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I almost bought the stand alone little guy this weekend, very good idea. I like the little magnet more than the larger bit holder one, because that one is soo wide. This one you can slide off if you need the room and in the process of sliding it off it will help magnetize the bit. Though Makita's bits seem to hold their magnetism well so it's not really an issue with their bits.

I hope we see more bit sets from them, they really are the best bits at HD/Lowe's. Hoping some people look past the price, also hoping Makita is smart enough to ADVERTISE that they're the ONLY bits available at HD/Lowe's that are not made in China.

So I swore off buying tools for the next couple months. And now I'm broke because I bought this sweet Nebo light that's brighter than my maglites and fits in the palm of your hand and clips onto your hat brim. 81637e17c3c977d147a93d4d397c3a7b.jpgf40db8e3433ef93188a6fb48a7d8430c.jpg Charges with the same USB plug as my phone too! I blame autoparts stores for that purchase. I blame Knarlycarl for my next purchase because I refuse to take responsibility for my actions. I picked up one of the last Husky tool boxes I've had my eye on for months.ae38f42103d460353449a79b26130a4b.jpg

• Like 6

Ok sure blame me, I told you peer pressure isn't a good thing!

But that box is pretty, I think if I was there to see it in person, I would have hesitated even less than I did ha!

Well, gotta start making more dough, with all these tools you supply yourself instead of your boss supplying, you should be making more than you do

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 3/11/2016 at 11:14 PM, JimboS1ice said:

e94273afe97a7026ce3674916d001e28.jpg

Been wanting some hex shank bits, you'll see these Monday emoji6.png

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my eye on these, you have to let us know how you like them after you use them.

• Like 2

Andrull got me the info for irwin bluegroove power bits so i bought a set from U.K. and they came. really looking to see them survive multiple times would run through nails normally with regular speedbormax as are able take nail-embedded wood.

f3f3f9f3711cf5540ca8fcd59d10a3ae.jpg

5b7c9da0225e18088797ceeb48d6f9eb.jpg

• Like 1

Carl how much did they set you back? I dorm recommend it but the soles ores went throw that light guage steel really with no effort, just out of curiousity.

Jimbo

Man you reeeeally gotta check your spelling on things, I think I've deciphered your code lol tho

You would ask; these cost about $50 ? and they supposedly can take nails, that steel you went through is light gauge and not a problem, I want them to be able to take multiple nails, some will be at an angle, some I may even come down on the head of the nail.

• Like 1

Man you reeeeally gotta check your spelling on things, I think I've deciphered your code lol tho

You would ask; these cost about $50 [emoji44] and they supposedly can take nails, that steel you went through is light gauge and not a problem, I want them to be able to take multiple nails, some will be at an angle, some I may even come down on the head of the nail.

Just keeping you on edge with this cryptic speech! It's the result of large dumb thumbs on these new age devices without buttons! Either that or my iPhone has a demon living inside it!!!

That steel I hit was light gage material and it was only half of the bit so the self feed tip didn't even touch it. I'd hate to see what a nice size nail would do to these!

Let us know how they work out for you, I'll have to keep my radar on for these. And of course I would ask would you expect any less??

Jimbo

• Like 1

Hope they serve you well. :) But they are not exactly metall drilling bits, so even if they survive, they probably take a beating with some bruises. But being self feeding, they keep on going. :)

So if you can avoid the nail, I still really recommend doing so. :P

And screws (hardened steel) is pretty much game over. Xd

39 minutes ago, khariV said:

Got a couple of One Time Tools from Woodpeckers today.

2a9f4ba2bbb2c2b51fd348f0c54088fa.jpgea066b18b22f3236886388177439fa07.jpg

305e264e45f1f94543136d1413e92540.jpg

I love the precision and finish, but I do have to admit, I wish they weren't quite so spendy.

They look so nice. Good luck with them. 

• Like 1

Got a couple of One Time Tools from Woodpeckers today.

2a9f4ba2bbb2c2b51fd348f0c54088fa.jpgea066b18b22f3236886388177439fa07.jpg

305e264e45f1f94543136d1413e92540.jpg

I love the precision and finish, but I do have to admit, I wish they weren't quite so spendy.

They're high priced. I've looked at the too. You can't go wrong with these other than the price and it getting into the wrong hands. Lol

Millerz