What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Rump Thumping deal showed up this afternoon...

IMG_0288[1].JPG

One Metabo 4 1/2" grinder.

The one thing that bothers me about this brand, is how haphazardly the items seem to be dumped into the case. One of the three grinder I picked up recently was half beat to death by the wrench that came with it. Nothing that would affect operation, just alot of scoring on the plastic housing.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JMG said:

Rump Thumping deal showed up this afternoon...

IMG_0288[1].JPG

One Metabo 4 1/2" grinder.

The one thing that bothers me about this brand, is how haphazardly the items seem to be dumped into the case. One of the three grinder I picked up recently was half beat to death by the wrench that came with it. Nothing that would affect operation, just alot of scoring on the plastic housing.

Might have something to do with CPO. My die grinder was only half contained in the box when it showed up.

I decided yesterday I wanted a full Combination Square set. I wanted a good one like a Starrett or a Brown & Sharpe.

I priced them, but when I found out they were both over $200, I decided I didn't need one quite THAT good.

I settled on a $35 model from Grizzly. I'm not a machinist, so that'll have to be precision enough

IMG_6712.JPG

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Conductor562 said:

I decided yesterday I wanted a full Combination Square set. I wanted a good one like a Starrett or a Brown & Sharpe.

I priced them, but when I found out they were both over $200, I decided I didn't need one quite THAT good.

I settled on a $35 model from Grizzly. I'm not a machinist, so that'll have to be precision enough

IMG_6712.JPG

nice set for $35 

13 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Those torque locks look nice.

I'm going to be building a mft, unfortunately likely not until Spring, but starting to accumulate some needed accessories.

IMG_20161207_175439734.jpg

I'm a sucker for woodpeckers stuff. I'll have to line it all up one day to take a family portrait. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Definitely quality. Some of their One-Time tools really make me bummed to have missed out on.

Haha me too.  I've been on a quest to backfill my catalog.  So far, the only ones that I'm missing and that I really hope they relaunch are the MFT Square and maybe the DF 500 Offset system (though I don't have a DF500 yet).

• Like 1

On 12/7/2016 at 4:44 PM, SevenOddosFence said:

Some much needed hand tools today 

IMG_0522.PNG

Not completely convinced on the Milwaukee hand tools besides their tapes and torpedo levels.... they do look nice, tho

On 12/7/2016 at 5:59 PM, wildroamer said:

Those torque locks look nice.

I'm going to be building a mft, unfortunately likely not until Spring, but starting to accumulate some needed accessories.

IMG_20161207_175439734.jpg

If memory serves right, those are some high dollar scales, and with quality to match!

4 hours ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Got some core bits today for my new Milwaukee 1 9/16 sds

IMG_0532.PNG

Bits, blades etc... can't go wrong with Bosch, not when so many other companies rebrand them with their own name

• Like 3