What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

9 minutes ago, DaveJr. said:

Do I need to say any more?! Thanks Acme tools!

IMG_3359.jpg

Yes we love @acmetools I would to hear your thoughts on the pretty yellow planer. I recently purchased the Makita one. And I have to say it has some power. I truly like it. Dewalt was my second choice, but the funds weren't there. 

Thanks Davejr. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Couple of small items to break up the major, epic buys you guys have been getting in! (Great buys BTW)

Amazon Warehouse:

YbG6NIc.jpg

HD BOGO:

BdmZCCM.jpg

Nice pick up. I love the Diablo blades. And that looks like a nice pick set. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glasseyi said:

Yes we love @acmetools I would to hear your thoughts on the pretty yellow planer. I recently purchased the Makita one. And I have to say it has some power. I truly like it. Dewalt was my second choice, but the funds weren't there. 

Thanks Davejr. 

So far just playing with it with a 2x4 and it seems like it has plenty of power. This is the first handheld planer I have owned and I love it! I have some oak that I will test it out on and give an update....maybe a video of it in action!

• Like 1

Thanks to rrich I picked up these for $1 a piece. They're in the Ace ad for $5 but you get $4 off if you have an Ace membership.

It was weird, there was some guy standing next to the tape measures trying to get me to buy these online.

Ll36YmU.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks to rrich I picked up these for $1 a piece. They're in the Ace ad for $5 but you get $4 off if you have an Ace membership.

It was weird, there was some guy standing next to the tape measures trying to get me to buy these online.

Ll36YmU.jpg

That's the first thing I thought when I saw them. Half off with a coupon at Apex tools!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Ll36YmU.jpg

Man I'm going to have to get an Ace membership, that's a great deal for 3 bucks. Great going Bmack. 

• Like 2

Grew my M12 collection today with Jig Saw , Rotary tool and right angle drill.

002.JPG

Yes agreed you'll love them all lol. I still have to get that jig saw. On my list just have not pulled the trigger. I hear get the m12 over the m18. But I have not seen the reason why.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 1

Yes agreed you'll love them all lol. I still have to get that jig saw. On my list just have not pulled the trigger. I hear get the m12 over the m18. But I have not seen the reason why.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

M12 is very compact and fits the hand very well, light and cuts like a beast!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fedex just came with a patch panel for one of my older Fords, and this set.

MilwInsulatedSet.jpg

Are these good screwdrivers?

Awesome buys, I didn't even know Ace offered memberships, didn't even occur to me, but pretty much any place does that.

Sweet setup with the miter saw and stand! that's an incredible power planer to be your very first one dude, no chance of literally cutting the cord this way (ask me how I know it's possible ?)

Anyways, I have a swing set I got for free and getting ready to reassemble, but I can't immediately think of any new tools I might use this as an excuse to buy ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Going by what most retailers sell this set for, you'd have to think. I've had the 3-piece set for a couple years now, but I don't think I've ever used them. I will say that I've been very happy with their standard screwdrivers. Bought a set maybe 2 years ago because I wanted the ECX one for devices, and they've been in my main bag ever since. The tips have held up as good as any, for me.

• Like 3

@rrich1

At its deepest, with miter at 0 degrees, is 35" from end of adjustment  knob to back of top sliders.

Base measures 17" deep, add about 9 1/2" off the back when saw is pushed all the way back.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions or measurements.

Thanks I appreciate it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ll36YmU.jpg

Glad you got some. One of the 3 I bought went into my truck box since apparently I didn't have one in there. Lol. Solid tape measures for the money for sure.

• Like 1

Man I'm going to have to get an Ace membership, that's a great deal for 3 bucks. Great going Bmack. 

Ace rewards membership is great. I remember last year I got my brother to purchase the Milwaukee compact drill and impact set for $150 which is normally $200 everywhere with the rewards discount. Used my card so it went towards my rewards card too. Hehehe.

• Like 3

Awesome buys, I didn't even know Ace offered memberships, didn't even occur to me, but pretty much any place does that.

Sweet setup with the miter saw and stand! that's an incredible power planer to be your very first one dude, no chance of literally cutting the cord this way (ask me how I know it's possible [emoji50])

Anyways, I have a swing set I got for free and getting ready to reassemble, but I can't immediately think of any new tools I might use this as an excuse to buy [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Good for an occasional $5 off coupon

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Glad you got some. One of the 3 I bought went into my truck box since apparently I didn't have one in there. Lol. Solid tape measures for the money for sure.

Yeah, I bought all the ones off the peg. I'm giving one to a friend but I think one is going to work and another in the garage. I already have tape measures there but they're never where they're supposed to be, haha.

Ace Rewards is good for a $5 coupon every few months and occasional deals. The good part is they rarely send you mail and you don't need to carry the card, they look it up via your phone number(I give them the landline which I never use). Sometimes the prices in their ads are only good with the membership so if you're a deal hunter, you have to have a membership.

• Like 2