What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Yeah I've actually got a performance video on my YouTube channel where I show it working with the Carvex. It's like from a year and a half ago?

Chris, when was the last time you checked your YouTube channel? The last time I was there I could not get any videos to play.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

1 hour ago, Glasseyi said:

Chris, when was the last time you checked your YouTube channel? The last time I was there I could not get any videos to play.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkemoji848.png

Huh. Had no idea dude. I'll have to check it out but here you go.....

• Like 1

On June 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM, BMack37 said:

$6 from Sears:

XG3JoYm.jpg

USA made 40oz dead blow, $13 from Amazon:

zqhaJXx.jpg

Also got my cheap Kreg screws from Amazon but not pic worthy

You'll have to let us know how that dead blow hold up. Every time I go into Ace by my parents' house I think about buying one.... funny the things (and amounts of money) we get super-conservative about...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Well. I did it. I ordered some new FlexVolt tools. Gonna wait to share what I ordered until I receive it in August.

Hi Ricky, I pre ordered the new Dewalt radio, I don't know if that qualifies as a new flexvolt tool, But just as cool right!. I got it on Amazon for $199. Ya it said release later this summer? 

• Like 4

A little advice... get to know you local Milwaukee reps and buy the stuff at Home Depot "from them" (talk to them, ask advice, have them walk you up to pay, etc) not just walk into HD and grab your tools and then go up to the registering leave.. Milwaukee as a company and especially the reps look after their customers and frequent buyers (as I'm sure a lot of you contractors know)...

ad7401ae94639c3173e592828bf313a9.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

Paid $20 for these at HD. Didn't I see somewhere on here this is this kit with more pieces in it for around the same price.

You can find the sweet 10-piece set that was originally in the $140 area for $30 shipped on Ebay.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BK13 said:

You'll have to let us know how that dead blow hold up. Every time I go into Ace by my parents' house I think about buying one.... funny the things (and amounts of money) we get super-conservative about...

This is my third Nupla deadblow. They hold up decently, they take damage like all soft face hammers, if you follow them on Amazon they have dropped their prices on all three I own. This 40oz was $12, now $14.30: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043UKOA4/

The 16oz was $7.09, now $22

The 24oz was $13.06, now $43

I nearly bought into Dewalt just for their reciprocating saw (good reviews, lightweight, good specs). I wasn't too sure about getting the Metabo and I thought the handle design might be strange but it is very comfortable! I can see why they might have designed it this way, it helps when angling the saw up and down. Very high quality build even though it is made in China (and not Germany).

The soft start is great too. Really smooth. A fair bit heavier than I remember the Dewalt was in Bunnings though.

As soon as it stops raining I will take it for a spin. Love Metabo :)

IMG_20160630_135129.jpg

• Like 6