What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Got some more sanding pads to finish up prepping the deck.

ccfe738ed5505a75f8e73c957760a4af.jpg

Oh and this came home with me too. [emoji16] now to pick out a new blade. I'm thinking Freud industrial. Recommendations??

2a7808dd9750650d095ba7bf9be99fd5.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's a quality mitre saw, I rate that saw very high it's a work horse of a saw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I going to one tomorrow........[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I have to know what makes it a Mega Menards. Our Menards is really large and carries a lot of things you wouldn't think would be at a hardware store but they don't call it a Mega Menards. Now I'm really curious.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok so I have to know what makes it a Mega Menards. Our Menards is really large and carries a lot of things you wouldn't think would be at a hardware store but they don't call it a Mega Menards. Now I'm really curious.

It was probably just an older building that was smaller with less space but still had the same type of stuff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

These 2 Arborwear double-thick sweatshirts came just now. Not exactly tools, but they make a workday spent outside in January up here more enjoyable. If you're not familiar with them, they feature 2 13oz layers, so they are extremely heavy. They're so awesome that I normally pay full price for them with no qualms whatsoever, but got lucky and happened upon them in my size at over 1/2 off.

Arborwear1.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

Got these today (with a 20% off HF coupon). Anyone else use them? Never seen anyone ever post them.

835a818eb2e84cb7a410e680beade980.jpg

8c0c86e9284399ca1e56c6aec19b0e82.jpg

I also picked up a 24T Diablo. Still need a 40T but they didn't have. As well as some painters tape and 15 2x4's

f6b19ee8e3cf7ed89dca32e34247c3c4.jpg

I personally like basic and dual strippers better. I worked with a guy who used them and he loved them tho. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

Not exactly tools, but these 2 Arborwear double-thick sweatshirts came just now. If you're not familiar with them, they feature 2 13oz layers, so they are extremely heavy. They're so awesome that I normally pay full price for them with no qualms whatsoever, but got lucky and happened upon them in my size at over 1/2 off.

Arborwear1.jpg

I live 15 minutes from arborwear I love those guys! Good people working there and tough clothing! Those are some serious sweatshirts too. Mine take 2 cycles in the dryer to dry

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AnonymousJoe said:

I personally like basic and dual strippers better. I worked with a guy who used them and he loved them tho. 

I've been using the new Milwaukee dual NM forged strippers for a month or so now, and love them so far. Wish Klein would come out with a forged pair.

Milwaukee NM Pliers.jpg

• Like 3

IMG_20160707_211035997.jpg

I mentioned in another thread that I bought and returned the Dewalt DS100 organizer. Lid seemed flimsy/brittle, like it would easily crack. Plus I really didn't look like the way those TS wings had to be awkwardly stuck up for opening and closing the lid. I could see breaking the lid by closing it with one of the wings folded down.

This Milwaukee has the same water tight seal, but the wings for attachment of other cases are built into the lid. Much better system, imo. 

Not to mention the DS100 was 60% more expensive.

• Like 2

IMG_20160707_211035997.jpg

I mentioned in another thread that I bought and returned the Dewalt DS100 organizer. Lid seemed flimsy/brittle, like it would easily crack. Plus I really didn't look like the way those TS wings had to be awkwardly stuck up for opening and closing the lid. I could see breaking the lid by closing it with one of the wings folded down.

This Milwaukee has the same water tight seal, but the wings for attachment of other cases are built into the lid. Much better system, imo. 

Not to mention the DS100 was 60% more expensive.

Kinda comparing apples to oranges........the Milwaulkee box is nice but it should be compared to this.....

19883e027fb3d21f796055daff298246.jpg

• Like 1

They put a mega Menards in near where I work, has food, freezers, 2 floors, huge selection, upstairs is all cabinets, appliances, furniture, giant yard center, place is just freaking ginormous, they got it all, really nice stores except that stores about 15 miles from my house, this one they are building is about 8, but I got another one about 9 miles too lol

Jimbo

• Like 1

They put a mega Menards in near where I work, has food, freezers, 2 floors, huge selection, upstairs is all cabinets, appliances, furniture, giant yard center, place is just freaking ginormous, they got it all, really nice stores except that stores about 15 miles from my house, this one they are building is about 8, but I got another one about 9 miles too lol

Jimbo

Sounds pretty cool. Ours doesn't have any food. I can only imagine how big that thing is because our store is pretty large. Jimbo you are surrounded by tools store goodness! You should technically be broke with that many hardware stores that close to you.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 77Ford said:

Kinda comparing apples to oranges........the Milwaulkee box is nice but it should be compared to this.....

Damn is that deal active? I'd buy a truck load of those 10's for that price! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kruton said:

Sounds pretty cool. Ours doesn't have any food. I can only imagine how big that thing is because our store is pretty large. Jimbo you are surrounded by tools store goodness! You should technically be broke with that many hardware stores that close to you.

Menards around here has a section with pet food and accessories, couple aisles with snacks and cereal and different things like that. Maybe a small freezer with frozen pizza I cant remember. A bunch of coolers with drinks, too, pretty much anything you would find in a convenience store. Good selection of chocolate covered almonds, raisins, peanuts, etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 77Ford said:

I'm not sure why it is apples to oranges.

Separate handle, like the DS100. Rubber gasket, like the DS100. About the same size too, I think, with 10 instead of 12 bins.

5 hours ago, wildroamer said:

I'm not sure why it is apples to oranges.

Separate handle, like the DS100. Rubber gasket, like the DS100. About the same size too, I think, with 10 instead of 12 bins.

Apples to oranges, not apples to chicken.  While the two you're comparing are similar, the one he linked to is almost exactly the same as the Milwaukee one.  I'm pretty sure Dewalt make it in response to the Milwaukee one or vice versa.

• Like 2