What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

6 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Oh, and I almost forgot. Stopped in at a pawn shop, saw this marked at $60. I got it for $47!

VI0TufM.jpg

Still with cardboard wrapped on the legs and step:

ZrPkoGi.jpg

Came with the plywood accessory and 2X4 leg clamps too!

0XhWsN5.jpg

Wow what a great find at a pawn shop! Jawhorse sheetmaster that's a great find, I know I love the one I have! Best of luck with it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

6646cf2fe310d77ffd88a8d8134ddfe6.jpg

Used but good price on eBay for the grinder and 2 batteries

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great score Jimbo !!! (Even though it's red ??????)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Glasseyi said:

Wow what a great find at a pawn shop! Jawhorse sheetmaster that's a great find, I know I love the one I have! Best of luck with it. 

Pawn shops around here have really old circ saws, beat up generators and pressure washers .... That was a great score

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice bmack!! I keep forgetting about the pawn shop south of me, I got my dewalt planer there, and have meant to go back and check it out again, but never remember.

Jimbo that grinder still looks in decent shape, just curious, did you check out metabo grinders first just to see if there were used available?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yea there isn't a whole lot of used metabo floating around, especially with the LiHD packs

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glasseyi said:

That just an assortment of Kreg screws correct? If what a great idea, and nice assortment. 

Yeah, just an assortment with fine and course thread. I wish it had more varying sizes but I needed to pick up more hardware after picking up the jig kit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kruton said:

I never find any thing worthwhile at the pawn shops around us. Nice score BMack!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This was actually about 2 hours away from me, I was visiting my best friend from high school in Ocala, FL. Man, we went to three pawn shops, one had this and a Matco 1/2" Metric Impact socket set for $135! and not much else...the other had TONS of Matco and Snap on for less than half off. It was like a gold mine there! I could have really put a dent in my CCs there but decided to hold out.

I've pretty much cleaned out all the ones in Tampa, the only good find recently is a vacuum I needed. I'm also sitting on a portable oscilloscope that is tagged $350(killer deal, retail is $1200+) but I know it won't sell so I might as well save some money.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Pawn shops around here have really old circ saws, beat up generators and pressure washers .... That was a great score

Same here but sometimes you find gems. I wish I started pawn shopping sooner, I've found some great stuff. The problem is about half the time, you're just going to waste your time. My friend has had a lot of luck with stuff at Goodwill, I can't get into that but I met him at Goodwill so we could carpool and I found a Marantz CD player for $8 and a Linksys router(it's worth about $75 used) for $4! It's mostly luck but you have to play the game to win! :)

• Like 3

This was actually about 2 hours away from me, I was visiting my best friend from high school in Ocala, FL. Man, we went to three pawn shops, one had this and a Matco 1/2" Metric Impact socket set for $135! and not much else...the other had TONS of Matco and Snap on for less than half off. It was like a gold mine there! I could have really put a dent in my CCs there but decided to hold out.

I've pretty much cleaned out all the ones in Tampa, the only good find recently is a vacuum I needed. I'm also sitting on a portable oscilloscope that is tagged $350(killer deal, retail is $1200+) but I know it won't sell so I might as well save some money.

Most of our pawn shops around me have a great selection of guitars. I've found some pretty decent deals on bass cabinets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kruton said:

Most of our pawn shops around me have a great selection of guitars. I've found some pretty decent deals on bass cabinets.

Ours normally doesn't have a lot for instruments but pretty good selection of amps. The problem is they mostly know what they have. I've almost bought a few "as-is" units so I can fix them and resell. I've really only bought "As-is" TVs to repair and resell but the time invested isn't worth it, it takes a while to sell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

That's on my list for sure!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

very impressed, probably would have bought this one only if I had bought it first. I don't cut 2x4 all day so this works great for fast cuts that I would do here and there....don't get me wrong I love the 6 1/2" too.......but this is way more saw than I thought it was going to be.......milwaukee hit a home run on this one. speaking of home runs............ 7 home runs today for the whitesox and Blue jays still beat em....lol

• Like 2

very impressed, probably would have bought this one only if I had bought it first. I don't cut 2x4 all day so this works great for fast cuts that I would do here and there....don't get me wrong I love the 6 1/2" too.......but this is way more saw than I thought it was going to be.......milwaukee hit a home run on this one. speaking of home runs............ 7 home runs today for the whitesox and Blue jays still beat em....lol

Good thing I'm a Cubs fan lol definitely sold now on this!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think I just got my new favorite toy from Milwaukee......damn this saw is lightweight and powerful......gonna slap a better blade on it 

20160625_200153.jpg

20160625_201752.jpg

You and me both, I think it's about my favorite as well. Impressive, and that's with stock blade too.... can't wait for the 6ah pack to come out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3