What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Jimbo you will not be disappointed with the colt great little router I lost mine in a flood got the Makita one because of all the bases they offers but the colt is solid little router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea wanted a smaller router but plan on getting a bigger Bosch with a table eventually.

Jimbo

Nice! A little quick googling produced this!

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-1.25-HP-Variable-Speed-Fixed-Corded-Router/999928328?addItem=true

http://www.menards.com/main/p-1444452428160-c-10087.htm

Unavailable from both Lowe's & Menards but Menards says "Available for shipment in 10+ weeks"

Bah - you people and your googles...  Now I've got to wait until the spring to get one :o

• Like 1

Both solid lights, would like to pick up the Milwaukee though

Jimbo

Yeah this ought to give people an idea of what the difference is. All three are solid lights. The Dewalt spot light is easily the brightest and most focused but the Milwaukee gives you really high quality lighting. Not nearly as much light as the M18 lantern. The Dewalt area light brightens the area really well. It's sighlty more blue and the hinge is a little loose but will definitely be seeing the most action just because of the even lighting and format.

post-53737-0-44178600-1453760150_thumb.j

Yeah this ought to give people an idea of what the difference is. All three are solid lights. The Dewalt spot light is easily the brightest and most focused but the Milwaukee gives you really high quality lighting. Not nearly as much light as the M18 lantern. The Dewalt area light brightens the area really well. It's sighlty more blue and the hinge is a little loose but will definitely be seeing the most action just because of the even lighting and format.

attachicon.gifLights.JPG

I grab for my Dewalt area light the most, more so than my awesome little m12 flashlight, it is a little looser but that thing is Really a solid light.

Love the spotlight, bright as hell and it's nice having the red LeD even though I don't use it often it's nice to have that option.

Well for the little bit extra money I might as well go for the m18 then.

Jimbo

I grab for my Dewalt area light the most, more so than my awesome little m12 flashlight, it is a little looser but that thing is Really a solid light.

Love the spotlight, bright as hell and it's nice having the red LeD even though I don't use it often it's nice to have that option.

Well for the little bit extra money I might as well go for the m18 then.

Jimbo

If you got the batteries the M18 is definitely worth the upgrade. When you're under a vehicle at night the red LED really saves you because you don't get blinded if you get in front of it on a creeper. Really all are top notch lights. You won't go wrong with the M18 lantern.
  • Like 1

Yeah it fits right in with its older sibling, then of course there's the redheaded stepchild...

b31c02b2678431f748d52ba8628da939.jpg

Nice trio! The redhead huh lol

Guys I got the m18 lantern! Just today, but first impression is very positive, love the double hook idea, the USB port and it feels quite solid. The sticks of leds where they unfold are ingenious really so I'm looking forward to using it.

b36c6047752ab26ddb2e64780e8d47c4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Nice trio! The redhead huh lol

Guys I got the m18 lantern! Just today, but first impression is very positive, love the double hook idea, the USB port and it feels quite solid. The sticks of leds where they unfold are ingenious really so I'm looking forward to using it.

b36c6047752ab26ddb2e64780e8d47c4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've used a coworkers and you won't regret that light.

I found a 1.5 battery lasts longer if less pressure is applied while cutting, I know that doesn't make sense but if a blade is good and cutting well it seems it goes thru just as good.

Revisited the M12 Hackzall with the 4.0 battery and new Diablo carbide tip wood blades; zipped right through a 2X4 and then some, battery still has all 4 lights. Seems like the misc wood blade I had was a bigger contributor to the battery drain than I thought. I do like the Hackzall with the 4.0 battery better, it seems to give the tool a little better balance.

Revisited the M12 Hackzall with the 4.0 battery and new Diablo carbide tip wood blades; zipped right through a 2X4 and then some, battery still has all 4 lights. Seems like the misc wood blade I had was a bigger contributor to the battery drain than I thought. I do like the Hackzall with the 4.0 battery better, it seems to give the tool a little better balance.

Its amazing how 1 bad blade will drain your battery, causing the motor to work harder and accomplishing less.

• Like 1

Its amazing how 1 bad blade will drain your battery, causing the motor to work harder and accomplishing less.

Think I learned my lesson about using blades that came with tools, think this particular blade came with a B&D saw. I also found the blades that came with the Hackzall after the fact, I mixed them in with the metal blades, DOH!