What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I found a 1.5 battery lasts longer if less pressure is applied while cutting, I know that doesn't make sense but if a blade is good and cutting well it seems it goes thru just as good.

I found a 1.5 battery lasts longer if less pressure is applied while cutting, I know that doesn't make sense but if a blade is good and cutting well it seems it goes thru just as good.

The blade was a new blade but was pretty crappy, I didn't have a proper wood blade so I went with what I had...that probably caused the tool to work harder than it should have. I also bought one(that's all they had, have to go to another HD) of the 6" Diablo carbide tipped wood blades while I was there. I can't believe that all I had were a bunch of metal blades and some of the 12" wood with nails blades. Thanks for that response, I was wondering if I was going to gain a noticeable increase in battery life if I had a better blade, think based on your comment that I will.

I figure it will work fine with the 1.5 batteries but I've been soo impressed by the power in the m12s that I think I'm going to invest some more in the lineup. I've been really impressed with the drill mostly and it's not even the Fuel. I am kind of regretting not getting the Fuel drill.

@glassryi 2" 4" 6" yes

well actually I use Robertson bits for everything a Canadian thing aside from drywall, but might try it yes.

gonna slap a fe quick screws in some wood to see how they are, some times the cheap stuff can surprise you or they just get saved for when someone that don't know what they are doing is using them cause it seems no matter how good bits are some people can ruin good bits quick...

Because you always ran out of juice when using the hackzall with the regular 12v batteries? That's what you mean or that you didn't even have a battery to begin with?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I gotta pick up at least one of these 4.0 batteries one of these days.....

Wasn't there supposed to be a new model of the Colt coming out? What's the difference supposed to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had heard that too. Thought it was going to have LEDs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I had heard that too. Thought it was going to have LEDs.

Nice! A little quick googling produced this!

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-1.25-HP-Variable-Speed-Fixed-Corded-Router/999928328?addItem=true

http://www.menards.com/main/p-1444452428160-c-10087.htm

Unavailable from both Lowe's & Menards but Menards says "Available for shipment in 10+ weeks"

far as I'm concerned LED lighting is good for about 8 seconds, what you really need is air flowing or blowing.

I have a few different routers from a few different brands and I don't benefit from any of the lights......

what they should have is a bracket to connect a blow port for air same kinda principle as a scroll saw....

Nice! A little quick googling produced this!

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-1.25-HP-Variable-Speed-Fixed-Corded-Router/999928328?addItem=true

http://www.menards.com/main/p-1444452428160-c-10087.htm

Unavailable from both Lowe's & Menards but Menards says "Available for shipment in 10+ weeks"

I may have to wait now. I was thinking about grabbing the ridgid trimmer, but I would rather have the Bosch.