What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

ordered more Knipex today. ES Cobras, 6" pliers wrench (comfort grip) and x-cut diagonal cutters. Need to get the 12" pliers wrench now and I'll only be missing the XL models of cobra and pliers wrench lol. Eyeing up the new needlenose combination pliers as well, they look handy. 

• Like 1

Went to Home Depot to get this…

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

It took quite a while to hunt down an associate because all 4 that they had in stock were locked up in overstock. This was the only planned purchase, but I found one of those elusive yellow tag deals on something I actually wanted.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

It's lock on instead of a paddle switch which I would prefer but for $50 I won't complain. Also picked up a couple of Diablo Cut-Off wheels.

IMG_7904.JPG

• Like 7

Picked up some Bessey clamps at Home Depot and this little Husky parts box since it was $2.

2e069ddc184d3ac6cd1619034bed9515.jpg

37237b6ac0fc0bc6ba9edbc17eb9ad39.jpg

I also found these small hinges I had planned to order from Rockler for $2 and a small spool of wire to test out some wire strippers.

c83cb9310cd4fb69e03849ecc117d627.jpg

250fcc09f516d200aa674a320d17b36e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just ordered the FlexVolt sliding mitre kit with batteries, adapter and stand. I think I just blew February's budget! I've been so wishy washy with it because it's by far my most expensive single tool but it's going to be a welcome addition to my little workshop. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Just ordered the FlexVolt sliding mitre kit with batteries, adapter and stand. I think I just blew February's budget! I've been so wishy washy with it because it's by far my most expensive single tool but it's going to be a welcome addition to my little workshop. 

I don't see how you could go wrong with that purchase. Congratulations! What stand did you order with it?

• Like 1

Well I got my deal of the day from earlier this week, plus a few extra goodies I added to accompany the driver on its journey [emoji6]. 28276558058604e7c66c30cfcaee9074.jpg

Also picked up a pocket magnetic Stabila on Amazon.
*KC tool sticker for scale. Sorry no banana on hand!
315102cc14d7748d4c939d3db8dc5106.jpg

Had lunch with my Eaton Rep, and main electrical supply house manager last Thursday and had a great convo! And just got my ECCN anniversary t-shirt in as well!
8dbf33bca8b256571facc0c5c655cf2b.jpg

And I picked up these bad boys at the Depot.
a3c58c750cbd23c301e14ec3203fb1c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Well I got my deal of the day from earlier this week, plus a few extra goodies I added to accompany the driver on its journey [emoji6]. 28276558058604e7c66c30cfcaee9074.jpg

Also picked up a pocket magnetic Stabila on Amazon.
*KC tool sticker for scale. Sorry no banana on hand!
315102cc14d7748d4c939d3db8dc5106.jpg

Had lunch with my Eaton Rep, and main electrical supply house manager last Thursday and had a great convo! And just got my ECCN anniversary t-shirt in as well!
8dbf33bca8b256571facc0c5c655cf2b.jpg

And I picked up these bad boys at the Depot.
a3c58c750cbd23c301e14ec3203fb1c8.jpg

Every time I look on KC Tool I think about getting that magnetizer/demagnetizer and never order it because I don't think I would use it.

I really want that Wera driver but I don't "need" it and keep procrastinating on buying it.

The Milwaukee 100' tape looked nice in Home Depot yesterday but I can't use those kind after an incident with a 300' Kobalt tape a few years ago.

• Like 1

Every time I look on KC Tool I think about getting that magnetizer/demagnetizer and never order it because I don't think I would use it.

I really want that Wera driver but I don't "need" it and keep procrastinating on buying it.

The Milwaukee 100' tape looked nice in Home Depot yesterday but I can't use those kind after an incident with a 300' Kobalt tape a few years ago.

I plan on keeping the mag/demag in my service bag. I may not use it much either, but it was inexpensive enough, and there have been times when I could have used one!

The driver I'm actually thinking of keeping on my pants belt beside my phone for a week. I'm always looking for ways to lighten my tool bag.

That sounds scary about the tape! I have a larger kobalt reel tape also, and wanted to try out this compact one. It's small enough that I could fit it inside my back pocket, but I'll most likely keep it in my work pants cargo pocket. (In the event that I need to use it of course)

I plan on keeping the mag/demag in my service bag. I may not use it much either, but it was inexpensive enough, and there have been times when I could have used one!

The driver I'm actually thinking of keeping on my pants belt beside my phone for a week. I'm always looking for ways to lighten my tool bag.

That sounds scary about the tape! I have a larger kobalt reel tape also, and wanted to try out this compact one. It's small enough that I could fit it inside my back pocket, but I'll most likely keep it in my work pants cargo pocket. (In the event that I need to use it of course)

Nothing scary about the tape I am just an idiot. I bought the 300' tape, went home, started playing with it inside, pulled out over 100', and then when reeling it in it jammed up. After playing around trying to fix it for an hour I gave up. I literally broke it the first time I used it. After that it was decided I wasn't allowed to buy that kind of tape again.

• Like 3

Nothing scary about the tape I am just an idiot. I bought the 300' tape, went home, started playing with it inside, pulled out over 100', and then when reeling it in it jammed up. After playing around trying to fix it for an hour I gave up. I literally broke it the first time I used it. After that it was decided I wasn't allowed to buy that kind of tape again.

Phew... I thought you were gonna have some horror story about the tape whipping back and hitting you in the eye or something!

12 hours ago, Bremon said:

nice let us know how you like it, ive been eyeballing the flexvolt tools for some time now, just havnt pulled the trigger yet. i dont think my local homedepot sells too many of them, got to do more with sale person than tool, he keeps pushing people towards milwaukee,

9 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

I don't need an excuse for a woman to try and prove I'm lying by advertising that I have a ruler "on hand".

Yeah the nail polish made me wonder if that "ruler" was actually a lie detector...

@mohawkdec I'll definitely keep you posted; I won't have much else to talk about purchase-wise for a few weeks :lol:

• Like 2

I went to Rockler today to pick up a Kreg top track. On my way out the back door I could not help myself and looked in their dumpster. I pulled out 2 tubes with stick on take measures. A broken wood vice, not sure what I will do with it, if anyone has a use for it let me know. There was a broken router bit I took just for the bearing. I also grabbed a new Band it clamp that was missing two pins. easy enough to fix. There was also a ton of brand new cabinet hinges, that I left as I had no use for and I know they would just sit in my shop for a year before I threw them out again. 

Looks like dumpster diving will be part of my regular rocker visits.... :)

IMG_5130.JPG

• Like 3