What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 1/26/2017 at 1:46 PM, TD-Millwork&Metal said:

Hahaha thats awesome! 

Let us know how the nailer is after you test it. I was thinking about getting one but the super low price worried me a bit

Looks like it does fine:

IMG_20170127_154410.jpg

IMG_20170127_154521.jpg

This is without any adjustments, straight out of the box.  I bought Hitachi nails just because they were cheaper.

In the photo I see there's a tiny dent next to the nail hole.  The photo exaggerates it; it's actually almost imperceptible in real life, and if I can't dial it out I'm not going to worry about it.  There's no dent next to the other nail, and anyway you'd never see it under paint.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 10:14 AM, TD-Millwork&Metal said:

New to the forum but not TIA...

Here's my Xmas loot from my GF....Almost cried when I woke up to this :lol:

Not shown here is the 2763-20 Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" Impact driver with friction ring I picked up from HD last night....new fav toy for sure 

IMG_20161224_121542_424.jpg

oh my god, that is unreal

• Like 2

Ordered a Craftsman Evolv 7pc Impact Deep Lug Nut Set (1/2" Drive) today. I've read lackluster reviews of the Evolv stuff but I have zero 1/2" impact sockets and a 1/2" drive M18 impact wrench so it made sense. It's going in the bag with the wrench and then into the truck in case of break downs. I was going to get just a 13/16" impact socket but it was only a few bucks more for the set and I'm planning on picking up either Gearwrench or Sunex SAE and Metric master impact sets in the future so if they last until then I'll be ok with it. If not it only cost $11.

I'll also be tossing a 1/2" drive breaker bar and 13/16" impact socket into each vehicle as a backup because I hate standard lug wrenches.

spin_prod_698730801.jpeg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

Ordered a Craftsman Evolv 7pc Impact Deep Lug Nut Set (1/2" Drive) today. I've read lackluster reviews of the Evolv stuff but I have zero 1/2" impact sockets and a 1/2" drive M18 impact wrench so it made sense. It's going in the bag with the wrench and then into the truck in case of break downs. I was going to get just a 13/16" impact socket but it was only a few bucks more for the set and I'm planning on picking up either Gearwrench or Sunex SAE and Metric master impact sets in the future so if they last until then I'll be ok with it. If not it only cost $11.

I'll also be tossing a 1/2" drive breaker bar and 13/16" impact socket into each vehicle as a backup because I hate standard lug wrenches.

spin_prod_698730801.jpeg

Harbor Freight Impact Sockets are decent too and you can get a good sized set 

Harbor Freight Impact Sockets are decent too and you can get a good sized set 

I need to find a harbor freight, there are several things I want to look at but don't feel like paying shipping on. I think my closest one is in Delaware which at least means I can avoid sales tax, just need to find a reason to justify going that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, jtkendall said:

I need to find a harbor freight, there are several things I want to look at but don't feel like paying shipping on. I think my closest one is in Delaware which at least means I can avoid sales tax, just need to find a reason to justify going that far.

ROAD TRIP !!!!!!!  

• Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 2:40 PM, dwasifar said:

The Wen nailer arrived:

It's not beautiful, but it looks functional:

The owner's manual contains this memorable piece of advice:

IMG_20170126_133444.jpg

That's great. 
I think it's even more important with cordless nailers, even without the battery in, some have a pressurized canister ready to release the energy.. like Milwaukee's and Senco, they are mechanical, YOU DON'T TRUST YOUR LIFE TO MECHANICAL STUFF. Probably because the gun safety mindset I drilled into my head early on. 

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Felo ratcheting driver

Nice, I almost picked that up too. Let me know how you like it...I'm a bit weary of any ratcheting screwdriver with that kind of switch, that's what all the cheap ratcheting drivers have on them. I'm sure it's great because it's Felo but I kept hearing it in the back of my mind.

Nice, I almost picked that up too. Let me know how you like it...I'm a bit weary of any ratcheting screwdriver with that kind of switch, that's what all the cheap ratcheting drivers have on them. I'm sure it's great because it's Felo but I kept hearing it in the back of my mind.

Nice. I contemplated buying that one. It looks bulky. So you have any other ratchet drivers for a size comparison?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I normally shy away from ratcheting drivers but figured for the price why not, ratchets nicely the switch is kind of done lazily they could have done better but it's out of the way and not easily hit, at least you have to push down to move it, the lid for the bits is kind of slick and hard to open but the grip rocks and so do the bits

• Like 2