What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Picked this up earlier to try to help unclog my kitchen sink that backed up on the ol lady this morning. No luck plunging, cleaning the traps or snaking it. I'm not quite sure what to do now. Don't wanna deal out the cash for a plumber to come look at it so I'll mess around with it again tomorrow to see if i can get er done.

Santi, if a larger snake does not work, check to see if you can rent a tool called the Kinetic Water Ram, it's an air tool for clearing stoppages. I have one and it's an awesome tool. Just be careful not to use too much air pressure on it...

• Like 1

Thanks crew we stopped by to look at a computer desk she had out there and then I saw the Bosch box sitting there quickly I jumped on my phone to see how much this was on Amazon and for the price I couldn't pass it up, Chris, Kruton it's a variable speed with soft start the motor sounds really powerful for a compact, hopefully today I'll get to try it out as its my son mike jrs BDay today so the day belongs to him but I might sneak some time into garage to try ;)

That is awesome router for a sick price Mike! Good for you dude!!

. Thanks bro!! I'm really trying to focus on what I need for some wood working. She also had a boring machine but to be honest I didn't know what that was for and she says she's gonna be bringing down a lot more big machines that she has no idea what there for I'm hoping she remembers to email me :} now I just need some advice on some good router bits guys.

. Thanks bro!! I'm really trying to focus on what I need for some wood working. She also had a boring machine but to be honest I didn't know what that was for and she says she's gonna be bringing down a lot more big machines that she has no idea what there for I'm hoping she remembers to email me :} now I just need some advice on some good router bits guys.

Any chance that boring machine was a Mortiser? Looks like a drill press with a long rectangular shank containing the drill bit. Really cool if that is what is it, you can make some really solid joints very easily with one!

Any chance that boring machine was a Mortiser? Looks like a drill press with a long rectangular shank containing the drill bit. Really cool if that is what is it, you can make some really solid joints very easily with one!

. To b honest bro I don't know I should've taken a pic I might go by there 2marrow to see if she's still having yard sale if she is bro I'll take pic and post

I use Whiteside bits and buy them as I need them as they're pricey. I would recommend NOT buying a cheap set as you'll more than likely regret it, and you won't even use half of them.

Good luck with the drain! This is my line of work from a homeowner's perspective lol! Be careful of kinks with that thing.

Lay down some old towels in front of the sink so you don't smear stuff over the floor like from sitting the snake down or whatever you pull back.

Is it pvc? Do you have access to the drain from under the floor? Might take cutting out section of pipe if it's real bad

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

m

Thanks for all the help guys. I was able to clear the drain and I'm glad I listened and put an old towel down as I pulled some nasty crap outta there. Went straight into the trash afterwards! I think I'm gonna go pick up a new garbage disposal now. They seem pretty straightforward to install on my own.

m

Thanks for all the help guys. I was able to clear the drain and I'm glad I listened and put an old towel down as I pulled some nasty crap outta there. Went straight into the trash afterwards! I think I'm gonna go pick up a new garbage disposal now. They seem pretty straightforward to install on my own.

You weren't supposed to be able to get it, so that you call guys like me to make a living off lol!

Kinda ironic thing on my work sometimes a toilet won't flush right but everything else drains fine. Barring the crazy wash cloth scenario I had on here yesterday, I can almost always plunge it thru, even after the customer has been at it for a day or two. It's like my superpower ha!

I had picked up a Dewalt DWST 17805 a while back and was looking for something to pack it with. Finally got around to loading my my 16 ga Paslode finish nails and it holds fuel cells on the sides as well. I gotta pickup another one of these for my Porta Cable 15 ga finish nails, crown staples and brads. These boxes seem like they can handle a lot of nails. I also gotta find a case that would store Paslode framing nails.

• Like 1

You weren't supposed to be able to get it, so that you call guys like me to make a living off lol!

Kinda ironic thing on my work sometimes a toilet won't flush right but everything else drains fine. Barring the crazy wash cloth scenario I had on here yesterday, I can almost always plunge it thru, even after the customer has been at it for a day or two. It's like my superpower ha!

Haha sorry Knarly! With the money I saved by not having to call a plumber I picked this puppy up. I'm wiring up the power cord as we speak while watching the GB-AZ game.
  • Like 2

I had picked up a Dewalt DWST 17805 a while back and was looking for something to pack it with. Finally got around to loading my my 16 ga Paslode finish nails and it holds fuel cells on the sides as well. I gotta pickup another one of these for my Porta Cable 15 ga finish nails, crown staples and brads. These boxes seem like they can handle a lot of nails. I also gotta find a case that would store Paslode framing nails.

nice buy Mikey! I have one of those to its almost full so I might have to pick another one soon.