Hate to Post Sad News

WigWagWorkshop

Good Day Crew!

I hate to post post sad news, but me ladies mother has just been moved to a Hospice.  Her health has been down hill hill for a few years now, but after her latest issues with Dialysis, the family has had to make the tough choice.  

This decision is on the heals of my family, having to put my pops in a nursing home, he's a tough Korean War Veteran, and a long time UAW Worker. The real sad thing is, he's in Wisconsin, and I am in Ohio, and have not been able to get home to visit him at the moment. 

I am in good spirits considering, but I have never had to deal with a loss to anyone close. 

-Steven

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about that, we know change is the only thing we can count in l on in life, and we know what comes next, eventually. My grandfather in PA had to live in a home the last two years of his life, and last month was his last days above ground. The home was the last place he wanted to be, having lived a full life outdoors as a farmer, and my memories of us together will never fade. Although we only got to see my grandparents twice a year at most, it was our favorite trip to take.

I hope you and your family stay strong, and keep her comfortable and your pops engaged.

I think I'll go read up on tools now because my throat grew a knot and someone is cutting onions....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The best thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Having gone through this with my 52 year old sister almost a year ago to this date. I feel you. The hardest thing for any family to go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good Day Crew!

I hate to post post sad news, but me ladies mother has just been moved to a Hospice.  Her health has been down hill hill for a few years now, but after her latest issues with Dialysis, the family has had to make the tough choice.  

This is discussion is on the heals of my family, having to put my pops in a nursing home, he's a tough Korean War Veteran, and a long time UAW Worker. The real sad thing is, he's in Wisconsin, and I am in Ohio, and have not been able to get home to visit him at the moment. 

I am in good spirits considering, but I have never had to deal with a loss to anyone close. 

-Steven

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Steven. Hope everything goes well with whatever you decide. Or where ever prayers lead you. Sorry to hear this.

Millerz

• Like 1

Sorry to hear. 

There's obviously nothing I can say to reverse the situation an make things good but I will say her an your family are in my prayers.  

I took care of my grandma on dads side with stage 6(of 7) alztimers for several months before we put her in a home. Shortly after putting her in a home she fell broke her hip, an shoulder as well as previous heart complications re occurred. I was by her side when she took her last breath just days later. The only thing that comforted me is the fact I knew she wasn't in pain anymore. I know she wouldn't want to live like that, an she wasn't trually her for the last few years. I mean she didn't know who I was better yet what I was doing feeding her food when she didn't even remember how to cut up her own food or keep her lips closed around a straw. Anyway for me it helps to remember that she's no longer in pain an struggling. My personal belief is she is in heaven. 

My grandpa on moms side is a Korean war vet. He served for 23 years, U.S. Army. He is tough as nails. He's in Arkansas an Ime in Utah. I go there when I can but its not often. He's going downhill physically. Mentally that dudes sharp as a tack. He does have PTSD thoe. The biggest worry I have is that he's not being taken care of. With my grandma I knew she was cause I personally did care for her till we put her in a home were I stopped almost daily. Man I miss him. 

Again your in my prayers man. 
  • Like 1