JimboS1ice

What tools did you buy today?

19 hours ago, tugnut1 said:

I have to say I love these clamps.  I'm getting much better results when building things out of pocket holes than I did in the past.  

These aren't my photos just so you know.  

rock4.jpg

That partial invisibility feature looks like a great convenience.  :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tugnut1 said:

I didn't buy this today, but I bought it very recently.

The Rockler Clamp it Corner Clamping jig.

I have to say I love these clamps.  I'm getting much better results when building things out of pocket holes than I did in the past.  

These aren't my photos just so you know. 

I might have to get those. I'm not a huge fan of the Kreg corner clamp, sometimes it still comes out a little off and my OCD can't take it.

It's ok for some things but not great.

41wU+9ZAFtL._SY463_.jpg

Keeping with rockler. I got some bandy clamps and some router bit inserts. I plan to make a router bit holder sometime soon and these hold 1/4 and 1/2" so be much easier to move around the bits. I'm going to really like these clamps. 549404d9cb06f9c1762c7142d1dd5ab2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 1/9/2018 at 11:26 AM, BMack37 said:

I might have to get those. I'm not a huge fan of the Kreg corner clamp, sometimes it still comes out a little off and my OCD can't take it.

It's ok for some things but not great.

41wU+9ZAFtL._SY463_.jpg

I'm going to be creating a video on some tricks for getting good pocket hole joints shortly.  I haven't used the Kreg corner jig shown above, but it looks like it has potential.  

• Like 1

I am a sucker for flashlights. Normally I would avoid a proprietary battery, but I am sure I can replace the 18650 if needed!

873c7e9be72f4240d28491b4a638b1b3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 16/11/2017 at 9:02 PM, Tug said:

20171116_202600.jpg

Had my first proper go with this today, I needed to chase a wall for a light switch position, I'll give more in depth feedback as I go! Very comfortable to use, but unwieldy up a step-ladder! :lol:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tugnut1 said:

I'm going to be creating a video on some tricks for getting good pocket hole joints shortly.  I haven't used the Kreg corner jig shown above, but it looks like it has potential.  

It works a lot better for miters, maybe I need to get at least four of them and it would work better but the surface isn't grippy so the pieces can move on you.

I picked up the Sheffield-made Walt chisels yesterday and can't wait to try them out. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BMack37 said:

It works a lot better for miters, maybe I need to get at least four of them and it would work better but the surface isn't grippy so the pieces can move on you.

I do have four of the corner clamps.  It allows me to keep all four corners aligned and if something is a little off in the middle, I either use a clamp or push it in by hand to line it up.  They seem to hold very well on the plywood I've been using.

• Like 1

@jtkendall how have you liked your new Ironclad gloves? Do your hands stay warm? Do they seem quality? I'm looking at getting some for myself cause it has been cold and windy out and the gloves I own aren't doing justice. I am probably going to upgrade to a Cold Condition Waterproof or the Tundra but figured I would ask about your thoughts on the Summit Reflective.

43 minutes ago, Jronman said:

@jtkendall how have you liked your new Ironclad gloves? Do your hands stay warm? Do they seem quality? I'm looking at getting some for myself cause it has been cold and windy out and the gloves I own aren't doing justice. I am probably going to upgrade to a Cold Condition Waterproof or the Tundra but figured I would ask about your thoughts on the Summit Reflective.

So far they’re working out well. Definitely warm, good quality and I’d buy another pair if they were lost or somehow damaged. With the wind chill last week in MD making it feel below zero I never had a moment where I wished they were warmer even though they say they are only good down to 40°.

• Thanks 1

Wow! just had the best customer service hands down ever. Nothing else even comes close. I bought some gloves online from Baseline Equipment Company and they took the time to have a real guy call me to personally thank me for my order. He could have easily just sent me an email because it was an online order but no he put in the extra effort to call. He mentioned that the gloves weren't available and took the time to not just suggest a different pair of gloves but called the gloves company to check on availability. He said they won't be available until March but said I could buy one size larger and have them within a few days and even said he couldn't resist mentioning that he liked my email. 

While it's shaped a little different it definately has a overall bigger feel than the original hackzall but man is it ever smooth.  Night and day different from the dewalt brushless compact.

20180111_153505.jpg

20180111_154408.jpg

• Like 5

Whiteside rabbet bit set, fast cap veneer cutter, and veneer. Also not pictured is a pair of keen shoes. I'll get a pic later. 67d7f08469b00cf240f956eb008242e8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I bought one of Bosch's new 40 something piece bit sets with the new bit box system. I used a $25 gift card I got and only had to pay $1 and some change. I liked that it had a wider variety of 2 in bits like a phillips #3 and #1 and a torx t40 which my Flextorq does not come with in 2 in and no t40 at all.

• Like 3

Picked up six 4" Bessey QuickTight c-clamps earlier, as well as two DeWalt 28" rolling tool boxes.  I'm hoping my wood working tools fit in the 28" box better than the Ridgid box they are currently in.

• Like 1

well it is not really new but the package was sealed, I found it among some of my father's stuff......boy I should take some time to go through all the boxes.........I would guess he bought this in the 90's........if it is any consultation I now know I have some woodpecker....lol oh and some old school sawhorse brackets.....

20180117_183853.jpg

20180117_184846.jpg

• Like 1