Flexvolt Phase 3 Brainstorm

JakeDewalt

I was going to say table saw but I just don't see the point of a cordless 10 inch if we already have the 8 1/2. It would just be a lot heavier and a lot less mobile.

I don't put much thought into the left side right side blade fiasco I have both and can use both with equal precision. As a Lefty im

used to dealing with the awkward 

• Like 1

Increased cut capacity, larger blade makes for faster tooth speed, 120v will have a lot more torque available, better blade availability and diversity. The weight difference is negligible. I literally can't come up with a reason for the 60v to exist at all aside from expense. Table saws demand as much power as possible to maintain the RPM's necessary for clean cuts. I can make rip's with my cordless trim saw, but the results are crap in comparison and take a lot longer. 

Actually it wouldn't even bother me if they took the 12in SCMS and just mounted it right to a table and called it a day, and have the only 12in portable saw on the market on top of being cordless with minimal R&D and expense. 

I would like to see a metal cutting circular saw in a 60v version.  I know 5-3/8" saws have been around for a while but they really don't have the power to cut heavier sheet steel.  We use the milwaukee corded 8" circular saw all the time with 12 and 10 ga. steel fabrication. I'm not sure what blade size you would want the flexvolt to be as a 8" might be too big for a cordless and the 5-3/8" is a little on the small side for cut capacity.

120v hybrid 10" table saw. Hybrid is a

big selling point for longevity.

FlexVolt ToughSystem vac. No explanation necessary. 

10" mitres: fills a hole in the lineup.

blade left "rear handle" circular saw; a torquier (drool) version of the new 18vX2 Makita would satisfy both worm drive enthusiasts and those crying for blade left (I'd buy one). 

Lawnmower that at least matches Ego. 

• Like 1

Just now, midogrumpy said:

basically ever tool the competition hasö I want to stick with ONE battery system

router

sander

gluegun (20v max would be just as fine)

pole hedge trimmer (40v max was just released, check the dewalt site)

I could see the Router needing to be 60v. Sander should be 20v. Dewalt does make an electric glue gun I don't think they feel the need to make a cordless model but I'm sure some would benifit from it.

46 minutes ago, sgand2010 said:

A 60v framing nailer would be perfect. Had the 20v for a few days and it was incredibly inconsistent. Ended up returning it. I know lots of people have had nothing but good results, but I wasn't one of them.

Yeah as the owner of the 20v Nailer it does leave a lot to be desired.

I'm hoping for the 120v Rolling Dual Filter Hepa Vac. 

I just see see them using the 120v adapter on more upcoming tools and I expect this to be one of them.

As for another idea a 60v Cooler maybe holds 6-8 drinks 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 5:20 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Actually it wouldn't even bother me if they took the 12in SCMS and just mounted it right to a table and called it a day, and have the only 12in portable saw on the market on top of being cordless with minimal R&D and expense. 

Unless I am misunderstanding DeWALT already has this. Buy a stand and place miter saw onto stand.

I suppose I should think of something that isn't expected for wave 3.

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Unless I am misunderstanding DeWALT already has this. Buy a stand and place miter saw onto stand.

I think he was meaning take a 790 motor etc. and stick it to a table (saw frame) for the first hybrid big beast table saw. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

You misunderstand. I'm talking about converting the motor from the flexvolt 12" SCMS to a 12" table saw. 

EDIT: Bremon beat me to it. 

• Like 1

This doesn't NEED to be FV, 20v should be fine..... Where the hell is a "powered by Dewalt" TV???? Seriously, as frugal on power LED's are why isn't there a say 24" job site TV hell even a 19"?  Who wouldn't want one?

My wish list:

MORE HYBRID DUAL-60V FLEXVOLT!

FLEXVOLT

120v hybrid HEPA vac!

120v hybrid 10" table saw

120v hybrid large (24-30") shop fan

toughsystem radio that fits FV batteries

FLEXVOLT OPE

120v mower

telescoping chainsaw

120v Power washer

I'll add my 20V wish list while I'm at it:

Variable speed rotary tool

Bucket-mount fan with mister

thats plenty to get me in trouble with the mrs.

dual flexvolt fast charger

120v demo hammer

More lighting options that accept flexvolt

flexvolt tough system boxes. whether they be a 120v or 60v vac or a 120v or 60v compressor or battery charger. Maybe they are a ds400 in size or even whatever size a ds500 would be. Depending on space a tray might be able to fit above the charger. The compresor and vac wouldn't have space because of the air tanks and container where the vac puts the material. A tough system radio compatible with flexvolt batteries combined with a tough box could be handy. Maybe the lid is the radio and the storage portion could be somewhere between a ds130 and ds300 in size. Battery could connect from under the lid

I will throw more money at the Flexvolt line if they announce a dedicated shopvac. As far as I am concerned, Dewalt doesn't share with us, the consumers, the future direction of the Flexvolt range. Is it because they don't know yet?

Flexvolt has an alligator saw, which is a niche tool. If they want to fill the gaps in the market, I can think of more useful tools like cordless trimmer/router and shear.

Hell, I am already looking away from Flexvolt since Makita is releasing a cordless rear handle saw and trimmer router. Don't get me wrong, I love the Flexvolt tools like the circ saw and grinder. But Dewalt needs to do more and stay connected with the tradies.

24 minutes ago, muddychip said:

I will throw more money at the Flexvolt line if they announce a dedicated shopvac. As far as I am concerned, Dewalt doesn't share with us, the consumers, the future direction of the Flexvolt range. Is it because they don't know yet?

Flexvolt has an alligator saw, which is a niche tool. If they want to fill the gaps in the market, I can think of more useful tools like cordless trimmer/router and shear.

Hell, I am already looking away from Flexvolt since Makita is releasing a cordless rear handle saw and trimmer router. Don't get me wrong, I love the Flexvolt tools like the circ saw and grinder. But Dewalt needs to do more and stay connected with the tradies.

Dewalt has a new vac, possibly multiple vacs in the works. I could guess one is a flexvolt vac. A vac is eventually going to have tool connect, bluetooth, or nfc to talk to cordless tools to make the vac tool actuated with cordless tools. Not sure if same vac or different vac. 60v adapter is in the works as well. Little things here and there I don't like about flexvolt. The circ saw doesnt have magnesium base, dust port, or track base. Some could say a rafter hook on the recip and circ saws is needed. Recip is a bit heavy and vibrates a lot, but all recips vibrate. 

2 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Dewalt has a new vac, possibly multiple vacs in the works. I could guess one is a flexvolt vac. A vac is eventually going to have tool connect, bluetooth, or nfc to talk to cordless tools to make the vac tool actuated with cordless tools. Not sure if same vac or different vac. 60v adapter is in the works as well. Little things here and there I don't like about flexvolt. The circ saw doesnt have magnesium base, dust port, or track base. Some could say a rafter hook on the recip and circ saws is needed. Recip is a bit heavy and vibrates a lot, but all recips vibrate. 

I know DCV584L is available in the UK but it's hardly new (literally same as its predecessor expect Flexvolt battery compatibility). A proper Flexvolt vac will be awesomepossum! I can picture it beautifully with my skillie, XR planer and future purchase of the plunge saw.

I've seen some of the EU users with DCS576 that can be used with a Dewalt saw rail (or even Festool). I am hoping I can buy the base plate separately and replace it (if the job demands it). But yeah, it's one of those little things with Dewalt. Why can't they clarify that there are two different models of the Flexvolt circular saw.

Right now, I am holding out on the sabre saw (recip) because I really could use a rafter hook on it (esp when you consider its weight).