DCN690 20v brushless framing nailer

dano_uk

I like the look of this beauty but is it going to sway me away from the paslode?

What's the weight compared to paslode, can we use the same nails, how many nails per charge, price, will it be in a tough case?

I don't like the dewalt finish nailer just couldn't get used to it compared to my paslode but I suppose its just what you get used to.

http://toolguyd.com/this-is-what-dewalts-new-20v-cordless-brushless-framing-nailer-looks-like/

I've been waiting for this forever, I hate dealing with gas cartridges, misfires, another battery system, etc.  The speed isn't even that important, but if it's a flywheel type, that would be pretty cool.  Ability to bump out a few at a time.  Personally I'd prefer non-flywheel type though, just a spring recharge of some sort between shots.  I only used my cordless nailer for odds and ends, can never replace pneumatic when you're shooting 5,000 a day per gun.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've heard it's going to be 9 lbs, will only drive about 800 nails per charge, and cost $549!  The trim tool was too slow and heavy for me, so this will be even worse in my framing.  Even though gas is a pain, I'll stick with the power/weight Paslode gives me.  Plus, you can buy a lot of gas cartridges for the extra $150!

From what I've seen and heard I like it, but have to try it to decide if I will buy one.

We are longtime users of the Max CN565S coilnailers. These are one step below the regular 90mm framing nailers in terms of nail lengths. Which for our use are too much. Especially for ceilings and stuff the CN565S is perfect because it's very lightweight.

I've tried a Paslode gas nailer once, but returned it after one day. Too heavy and too bulky and no bump fire mode.

I hope/wish they would make a 32-65mm cordless coilnailer. That would seriously rock!

• 1 month later...

I can't wait til this is out, I have the 15 and 16 guage cordless nailers now and love them. They are a bit heavier than the paslode, which I have, but I hate the fuel cells! The temp can't be too cold or too hot cause they are very picky. I do wish the new nailer was 18 volt, i have all 18 and some 12v for the smaller jobs, really didn't want to buy 20volt batteries too. Any plans to also make 1 in the 18v line?

This is (in my opinion) never gonna be made to fit the 'plug in' style 18v batteries... The power and efficiency of the New 18volt (Europe) 20v Max (U.S.) means that eventually all tools will be fazed out on the older platform, and re-designed on the New..

The older battery technology would not be able to deliver the performance for the New Nailer either.. Once you've tried the 20v Max system, you'll switch over (trust me)...

The New Nailer totally rocks. I used it on a job-site in the UK 2 weeks ago, and the temp was minus 2.5.... The Paslode's (4 on site) would mis-fire due to the sustained minus degrees (and the guys were switching cells and warming up between uses) whereas the Dewalt rocked along..

The Paslodes could only manage 3-7 shots before mis-firing, whereas we rocked along with 500-600 shots with the Dewalt with no issues.... apart from needing to switch out batteries for a re-charge...

Can you use it with the smaller AH 20v max batteries?

You can use it with whatever AH battery you want... All you got to remember is that the battery is the 'size of the tank'.. If you put a 3.0ah battery on it you'll probably only get 450 nails per charge (90mm) rather than the 600 stated with the 4.0ah.

I believe that there is no differences in shots depending on nail size either.. It produces the same impact force regardless of Nail size...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...