Stiletto hammers!!!

StevenK

I'm a union carpenter in Chicago but mostly use steel studs. All though I do use my hammer frequently everyday, I have estwing steel hammers that'll outlive me. Just not sure if the investment is worth it for me

You just answered your question.

• Like 1

The stilletos are awesome hammers and if I swung one for a living, I'd probably invest in one.

My framer is a Vaughan Stealth I gave $25 for. It's a great hammer, but it's no Stiletto. It's like anything else, it carries a different value to different people.

I love mine, they don't rust, they are insanely light, very strong, and most the parts are replaceable...... But there is one problem! People see these and they want to walk off with them!!!!! I have to constantly guard it! It will be the last hammer you buy though, just keep your eyes on it! Love mine

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the 10oz wood handle finish hammer and the 15oz tibone full titanium framing hammer along with two prybars.. got both hammers at trade shows with slight discounts but still a serious investment.. no they aren't totally necessary but they do have real benefits such as transferring less recoil into your arm and are very light which is noticeable in your hand and hanging off your belt all day. They are a joy to use and just sweet!!

Well since I've posted last, my 28 oz. Steel shaft estwing has been stolen:/ the plus side is I'm now in the market for a new hammer haha.as tempted as I am for a stiletto, I think I'm gonna go with another estwing. I believe its a 22 oz. It's got a hickory handle. The one I saw last night at HD was beautiful. It had a really dark piece of hickory....I think I'm gonna head back

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone try the DeWalt Hammer? It's about $70 retail in Canada. I bought my dad the Stanley FatMax one (practically same thing; only reason I bought it was the Rona I was at didn't have the DeWalt one) as a Christmas present. It's like other people said: the estwing my dad has will probably outlive us all. I figured it's the kind of thing you never buy for yourself. 

• Like 1

Anyone try the DeWalt Hammer? It's about $70 retail in Canada. I bought my dad the Stanley FatMax one (practically same thing; only reason I bought it was the Rona I was at didn't have the DeWalt one) as a Christmas present. It's like other people said: the estwing my dad has will probably outlive us all. I figured it's the kind of thing you never buy for yourself.

I have the Dewalt. It's a great hammer. Swing's well. Also had the magnetic feature for setting nails.

• Like 1