Wait no longer the Dewalt 16gauge Cordless Finish Nailer is here

DR99

The compact charger has been around for a while, but I've never seen it in a kit tbh.

It's not really meant for 4.0 and 5.0Ah batteries. Ofcourse you can charge them, but it takes a long time. It's aimed at the compact batteries afaik.

One came with the Cordless Miter saw too. I just don't understand the benefit of a compact charger, even for compact batteries. Seems completely inferior to me to reduce performance like that.  

The long wait is finally over  :)

Must admit, in the pictures it looks more bulky than in reality. Has a good feel to it. It's a sweet bit of kit.

DCN660.JPG

So hey, where's the 18gauge...  ::)

As for the compact charger. I now have one. Didn't know the D2 kit comes with this charger.

If I had known this upfront I would've got the P2 kit (5.0Ah) 

One positive thing though, it has hang holes on the bottom, something it's bigger brother is missing.

• Like 1

The long wait is finally over  :)

Must admit, in the pictures it looks more bulky than in reality. Has a good feel to it. It's a sweet bit of kit.

DCN660.JPG

So hey, where's the 18gauge...  ::)

As for the compact charger. I now have one. Didn't know the D2 kit comes with this charger.

If I had known this upfront I would've got the P2 kit (5.0Ah) 

One positive thing though, it has hang holes on the bottom, something it's bigger brother is missing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who caught Mr. Yellow's eye roll here...why must you tease me with your vague emojis? JK, super excited to get the finish nailer stateside and salivate over a cordless 18ga little brother.

i'd be curious how it compares to the cordless paslode 16ga if you have one.

Framer I have the older version of these guns and have found it a vast improvement on the paslode. We use it for fitting out houses and find it gives a much more consistent depth of drive than the paslode as well as virtually no maintenance. I can't wait for this to be available in Australia and hope they are as good and reliable as the older version.

Will be a while before I have a job to use it extensively. I did some testshots ofcourse. 

First thing, it's lighter than the old one (DC618). I would say the weight-to-size is near perfect. Maybe it's because I have 2.0Ah batteries on there.

Also, it's faster. The motor spins up faster. Couldn't compare it side by side because I gave away my DC618 a couple weeks ago. Also it's a bit more quieter. Shoots faster too. You can really bump fire the hell out if, but I mainly use single shot. It's a finish nailer after all.

Other advantages over the old model are a better belthook. The old plastic one was just shitty. Now there's a metal one.

Better lights although I will have to test this in dim light conditions. They are positioned on the base and not above the nosepiece like the old one.

Easier depth adjustment with a little scale so it's easier to dial it in.

So far I'm very happy with it.

• Like 1

Sweet. I watched a video where the guy was bump firing the hell out if it like you said, and it didn't seem to be setting the nail all the way down. Not sure what length it was shooting but it should be capable of shooting the longest nail to full depth, which is my biggest concern. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got an email from Tool Nut regarding the finish nailer and a boatload of new tools available at the mid way point of the month. Looms like the finish nailer, min/max blower, and a few other tools will be available on or around 10/14. Get your excitement going gentlemen and check your emails.

Why hasn't their been any pre-order pages available for the DCN660? Normally HD or somebody will have a information page up before release...

So why is this only coming with one battery? The EU versions are 2 battery kits...2Ah and 5Ah.

How are they going to sell you extra battery's if they give you 2. It is the american way just give them enough and then sell them more.