Tip: Never use MDF. Ever.

Mdf is great for tons of stuff, once spray painted it will be a nicer finish than most other sheet materials. It might be bad for your health to work with because of the fine dust but once proper ventilation, extraction etc is in order you should be fine

the only good thing MDF is good for is to be left at the hardware store...just kidding it has some purpose but not suitable for any kind of structural projects it doesn't like horizontal spans, it is heavy,  doesn't like glue, staples or screws...easy to work with with a router and can make good trimming detail....

I thought about using it for just that purpose

It has worked really well for me. Definitely worth trying out if you haven't before. Plus Norm Abrams uses it, that's reason enough to do it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MDF is great if you know how to work with it. The sealed surface doesn't like glue but end grain takes glue very well. It's fantastic for anything that will be painted. Closet shelves, painted bookcases, trim, anything with a detailed profile, are all great uses for MDF.

Work tables, MFT tables, sacrificial material.

Jigs and templates for sure!!

• Like 2