What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

49 minutes ago, Mondo1310 said:

Is the Milwaukee any good??

If you're using it to troubleshoot electronics, no. If you're using it in automotive, general use, it's really good for the current availability price(about $60). The continuity beeper is too slow for my tastes, it's a pain in the butt to check continuity on a chip that has several pins...on a Fluke you just slide it across all the pins and it will beep, with the Milwaukee(and Klein) you have to hold it on each pin for about a half second, which is about the same amount of time it takes to check all the pins with a Fluke. The Milwaukee meter is quite accurate though, it can keep up with the 115. It needs diode check and would be nice to have a separate switch for mV instead of auto changing into mV. This can be a pain if you're reaching and just glance to see if you have voltage(there is no autoHold feature) because you'll see voltage but it may be in the mV range. Resistance is also slow to read, not bad if you're checking a fuse or two but when you have five fuses and a hundred resistors in front of you, pain in the ass.

Basically, if you can get it around $60, not a bad buy. If you can only get it around $100, try to find yourself a used Fluke. I've tried a LOT of meters, Fluke is the only one that I like consistently. Agilent/Keysight(HP) has some good stuff but they all have faults I can't look past. BTW, I've heard great things about the Chinese market Flukes, you can get them new for under $100 and get all the bells and whistles for a little more. The models are Fluke 15b and 17b, don't even consider the 18b. If I wasn't extremely confident in my ability to test a DMM for accuracy and functionality or didn't have access to the items needed to test it, I'd buy the 17b in a heartbeat. The 17b is a $300+ DMM for about $120

• Like 2

On 7/11/2016 at 11:09 PM, MFDoom said:

I just picked up a compact 1/2 drive impact wrench from CPO. Then I saw Jimbo's post about the Ohio Tool deal for even more savings.

Hey gang, been outa town. My searching skills apparently ate poor. What deal was mentioned?

Hey gang, been outa town. My searching skills apparently ate poor. What deal was mentioned?

I kinda forgot about that but here it is

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/10489-20%-off-and-Gifts-With-Fuel-Kits

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great snag. The 2763 is amazing. It's sped up tire changes etc. exponentially for me. Minimal effort now. Also got the 7/16 hex adapter so I can use monster augers etc on it. It's a heavy unit so it only comes out when the task requires beast mode. 

• Like 4

Your feedback is really making me confident in purchasing this multitool guys, it just seemed to blow the M18 away in ergonomics, features, etc. (As well as price when I bought it)

Wild, you never know, it could be that rep's very first day and you literally are the first they've heard of it. Sounds like you won't be the last though. That's typical customer service though "trust me sir, our shit is highly rated top quality crap. You are the only one to have problems with the smell". Are you going to stick to Dewalt or move on to Makita? I still can't believe your bad luck. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Agree with@bremon I don't always pull it it but when I do it doesn't let me down

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. If the bolt won't break loose it will just snap it off. It will break a grade 8 5/8 bolt of you let it hammer long enough. 

• Like 3

I was able to get ( 7 ) Milwaukee plastic carry cases off craigslist for 2 Skill saw cases , 1 M18 sawzall fuel kit case 1 M12 impact case , 1 M18 hammer drill case , 1 m18 combo case  and 1 m18 fuel 1/4" impact case all for $75 

what kills me is I paid $65 for just the sawzall case last week in florida. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

Nice pickup! I have that one and love it! Saved my butt more then once!

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

Look what came in the mail. I better tear into it and see if the battery indicator works :P

image.jpg

Great tool, but stop the bleeding and never buy Dewalt's OMT blades again. Buy Integra blades off of Amazon, prices fluctuate but I bought mine for about $38 for a lot of 25 blades, all in assorted variety, awesome packaging to keep your blades tidy, and they work awesome. 

I did the math and paid for my tool by not buying OEM blades. You paid somewhere around $30-$35 for 5. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Great tool, but stop the bleeding and never buy Dewalt's OMT blades again. Buy Integra blades off of Amazon, prices fluctuate but I bought mine for about $38 for a lot of 25 blades, all in assorted variety, awesome packaging to keep your blades tidy, and they work awesome. 

I did the math and paid for my tool by not buying OEM blades. You paid somewhere around $30-$35 for 5. 

True

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just looked at these integra blades.... Very good prices, I assume they're decent , how is the longevity ?

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Actually the blade kit was a promo add-on lol. One Dewalt purchase is enough for a Milwaukee fan for a little while. Thanks for the tip on blades though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SevenOddosFence said:

I was able to get ( 7 ) Milwaukee plastic carry cases off craigslist for 2 Skill saw cases , 1 M18 sawzall fuel kit case 1 M12 impact case , 1 M18 hammer drill case , 1 m18 combo case  and 1 m18 fuel 1/4" impact case all for $75 

what kills me is I paid $65 for just the sawzall case last week in florida. 

Well that's a kick in the pants, yeah you never know what something is worth or the value of depending when and where you can get the deal...

• Like 1