What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I've only heard a little bit on here about menards but there is one in Philadelphia here. Is there anything special about that store over the HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes, it depends on what you're looking for. Menard's has a lot of stuff that Home Depot doesn't, oddball stuff and stuff that's useful. Menard's pricing is better on some stuff too, and they seem to have a better selection of certain things like electrical stuff, plumbing, etc.. Home Depot for me is the go-to for tools and tool accessories, Menard's is where I go for random hardware, random electrical stuff, and to see what kind of oddball things they might have that I "need".

Plus they have a decent food and snack section...they sell some pretty good shore lunch soups and they have great summer sausage that's cheap.

• Like 2

Sometimes, it depends on what you're looking for. Menard's has a lot of stuff that Home Depot doesn't, oddball stuff and stuff that's useful. Menard's pricing is better on some stuff too, and they seem to have a better selection of certain things like electrical stuff, plumbing, etc.. Home Depot for me is the go-to for tools and tool accessories, Menard's is where I go for random hardware, random electrical stuff, and to see what kind of oddball things they might have that I "need".

Plus they have a decent food and snack section...they sell some pretty good shore lunch soups and they have great summer sausage that's cheap.

I stock up on sun flower seeds and big bags of jerky.

awesome I'll have to check it out next time in that part of the city

Not today, but Thursday I picked up the small DeWalt tough box, the 20 ounce DeWalt one piece steel hammer (review to come shortly), Milwaukee 16 foot tape measure, and a small DeWalt case for my loose screwdriver bits and drill bits.

What kind of work are you into bro? I'm interested in that DeWalt even though my estwing ain't about to be replaced.

That's impressive for a guy who's fifteen. Kudos to you. I hope it works well for you. Can't imagine doing that in a big city.

thanks for the encouragement. My dad doesnt think that it will get me anywhere but i feel that if you like what you do, you dont work a day in your life. Check out the website link in my profile. Thats the website for my company

thanks for the encouragement. My dad doesnt think that it will get me anywhere but i feel that if you like what you do, you dont work a day in your life. Check out the website link in my profile. Thats the website for my company

Some professional looking stuff there hombre. I come from a long line of construction workers and respect the trade.

My uncle is the only person with a cool job. Hes an electrician. Both my parents are accountants[emoji13] my other uncle is a chef

Yeah there's always a trade off though. I can't sit at a desk all day but then again sometimes you have to stop and think when you wake up at 5 in the morning with all your bones aching and stomp your boots on for another 14+ hour day if a desk day wouldn't be all that bad.

Yeah there's always a trade off though. I can't sit at a desk all day but then again sometimes you have to stop and think when you wake up at 5 in the morning with all your bones aching and stomp your boots on for another 14+ hour day if a desk day wouldn't be all that bad.

amen to that

A happy life is one that involves tools as often as possible

www.frontinoconstruction.com

• Like 1

That's impressive for a guy who's fifteen. Kudos to you. I hope it works well for you. Can't imagine doing that in a big city.

thanks for the link to my review in your post a few hours ago. Ill have to send you pictures of my tool collection so we can see whose is bigger. Lol

thanks for the link to my review in your post a few hours ago. Ill have to send you pictures of my tool collection so we can see whose is bigger. Lol

Lol, I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Accountants huh? My sister went to college for that, got her degree, then decided she didn't like the desk environment, now she's on the farm, out in the open. Guess I can't blame her, i went for automotive, but couldn't stand being in the same shop every day so I quit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

wasnt sure if i was going to like this box, ive been spoiled by the tough system, but i bought it about a week ago to store my fast growing m12 system. i have to admit, im liking it. the corner pockets are really neat. the lid has screw holes so you could maybe store your charger up there. for me that isnt going to work, i wouldnt be able to shut the lid. the main compartment has channel ribs molded in so you could partition it off with ply if you wanted to. those might be alittle wide, 3/8 would have been plenty instead of the 1/2-5/8 that it is. minor thing. has a weather seal gasket on the lid, and also has a pipe holder/clamp with the box handle that really works. had to cut 60 feet of steel closet rod other day. put pipe in groove, push down handle, hold pressure with foot and cut away, does not move.post-45071-0-41732700-1456151114_thumb.jpost-45071-0-96325100-1456151181_thumb.jpost-45071-0-15353800-1456151216_thumb.j

• Like 3

I've only heard a little bit on here about menards but there is one in Philadelphia here. Is there anything special about that store over the HD

Hey jswoger, were in philly is there a Menards? Or did you mean there is none in philly? I'm in Mayfair.

wasnt sure if i was going to like this box, ive been spoiled by the tough system, but i bought it about a week ago to store my fast growing m12 system. i have to admit, im liking it. the corner pockets are really neat. the lid has screw holes so you could maybe store your charger up there. for me that isnt going to work, i wouldnt be able to shut the lid. the main compartment has channel ribs molded in so you could partition it off with ply if you wanted to. those might be alittle wide, 3/8 would have been plenty instead of the 1/2-5/8 that it is. minor thing. has a weather seal gasket on the lid, and also has a pipe holder/clamp with the box handle that really works. had to cut 60 feet of steel closet rod other day. put pipe in groove, push down handle, hold pressure with foot and cut away, does not move.

Thanks for the pics man, I have the 13" Milwaukee box, really gotten used to it, love it for sitting on, standing on (although you're not supposed to)

Only thing is the top tray seems a little flimsy, but I'll probably swap that out for a closing storage tray of sorts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk