What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Got home today and there was a nice, big box o toys waiting for me.

More Red!

616e2756251b67498103b6142230fe8a.jpg

7f3d0697a5f86845710621212008b92e.jpg

I've been eyeballing the vacuum for a while. It's been a toss up between this one and the corded hybrid dewalt, but team red won out because it was just more powerful. The planer was a "well, I need a planer, might as well get the M18 and not worry about a cord" sort of decision. I do wish it was brushless like the leaked yellow XRP planer, but I probably won't notice the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

More Red!

I've been eyeballing the vacuum for a while. It's been a toss up between this one and the corded hybrid dewalt, but team red won out because it was just more powerful. The planer was a "well, I need a planer, might as well get the M18 and not worry about a cord" sort of decision. I do wish it was brushless like the leaked yellow XRP planer, but I probably won't notice the difference.

Nice pick up. The vac is good. When the 9.0 is released it will make it that much better. The planner is nice too. Good luck and enjoy. :)

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 1

More Red!

. Oooooo such nice Red looking tools

Ok crew so here's the story I found a guy on craigslist selling this framer for $350 i offered him $240 kinda lowball but sometimes they say yes u just never know right? Lol anyways I find other CL list with milwaukee tools and ask him if he's also selling those 2? He says yea come on down and check them out so I get to a warehouse type business and walk inside guys and man this guy has all kinds of tools new and used so I bought this framer another tough box and a pole saw for my avocado tree walked out paying $285 for all 3 things that's good right crew? I have a couple closets that I'm gonna be framing out soon so I've been searching for a cool deal on this guy he also had a milwaukee fuel sawzall used but stunning in good shape for $100 bare tool and he even had the new milwaukee planet for $120 but I just don't have the funds for those at the moment hopefully he will have them again when I get paid again. I tested out the framer there with some paslode nails and it work like a champ motor sounds good I didn't really know what to look for. It it all sounds and functions great I need to stop by HD to pick up some more nails to give it a test drive the guy even said if I had any problems within the next week he would exchange it out for another one and a lot people don't do that.

• Like 2

BigMike strikes again with another great deal... BM I think you did well my friend. That nailer looks brand new.

Let us know how it preforms when you pick up more nails,,,,

. Thanks bro I'm super happy I just wish I could stay home and mess with it lol but I have to get ready me and the fam are going to my nephews BDay party so no time to play with it :( I'm just wondering what brand nails should I buy for it?
  • Like 1

. Thanks bro I'm super happy I just wish I could stay home and mess with it lol but I have to get ready me and the fam are going to my nephews BDay party so no time to play with it :( I'm just wondering what brand nails should I buy for it?

Good question BM, hopefully it takes nails that are ready available at the Depot or Lowes? Anyone in the Crew know off hand what nails this beast takes?

Damn - that's a smoking deal you got there BM. As far as the nails that it takes, you can buy them anywhere. The thing to remember is, even though the magazine is a 33 degree, it will take 30 degree nails. I actually wasn't able to find 33s at my depot, so I ordered a box from Amazon before I figured out the compatibility with 30s. The other problem with depot is that they only sell framing nails in giant boxes for framing out a house. If you want smaller quantity, say 500 or 1000 instead of committing to 5000, you have to shop Lowes or online.

• Like 1

Damn - that's a smoking deal you got there BM. As far as the nails that it takes, you can buy them anywhere. The thing to remember is, even though the magazine is a 33 degree, it will take 30 degree nails. I actually wasn't able to find 33s at my depot, so I ordered a box from Amazon before I figured out the compatibility with 30s. The other problem with depot is that they only sell framing nails in giant boxes for framing out a house. If you want smaller quantity, say 500 or 1000 instead of committing to 5000, you have to shop Lowes or online.

dude kdv I stopped by HD and they were all big boxes and I don't need that many at the moment I'm gonna stop by Lowes like u said and check there what brand did u end up buying bro?

Ok crew so here's the story I found a guy on craigslist selling this framer for $350 i offered him $240 kinda lowball but sometimes they say yes u just never know right? Lol anyways I find other CL list with milwaukee tools and ask him if he's also selling those 2? He says yea come on down and check them out so I get to a warehouse type business and walk inside guys and man this guy has all kinds of tools new and used so I bought this framer another tough box and a pole saw for my avocado tree walked out paying $285 for all 3 things that's good right crew? I have a couple closets that I'm gonna be framing out soon so I've been searching for a cool deal on this guy he also had a milwaukee fuel sawzall used but stunning in good shape for $100 bare tool and he even had the new milwaukee planet for $120 but I just don't have the funds for those at the moment hopefully he will have them again when I get paid again. I tested out the framer there with some paslode nails and it work like a champ motor sounds good I didn't really know what to look for. It it all sounds and functions great I need to stop by HD to pick up some more nails to give it a test drive the guy even said if I had any problems within the next week he would exchange it out for another one and a lot people don't do that.

Nice collar Mike! Your gonna love that framer. I absolutely love mine. Next up....maybe the DCN660? I'm watching!!!

• Like 1

dude kdv I stopped by HD and they were all big boxes and I don't need that many at the moment I'm gonna stop by Lowes like u said and check there what brand did u end up buying bro?

B&C Eagle offset round head from Amazon. There are lots of options for length and shank.

• Like 1

Picked up this today. It's a tool of my trade. Ruger 10-22 collector series with some sweet sights and a picatinni rail and modular stock. This thing is sweet. Got a rock Chuck with the first couple rounds. It'll hit dead center of a bullseye at 100 yds no problem.

29f97c38ad1194a7872b74c8f24c4a1c.jpg

947b4d05dc1889cd3c7ad3bfb4882adc.jpg

• Like 4

I heat my house with a wood stove. Stacking wood in the summer and carrying it in all winter is hard on work gloves and they rarely last a full year.

I was in the depot the other day and saw these, so I figure I'd give them a shot to see how they hold up to several tons of firewood.

1ad41b8491808f88e7c137d922391c21.jpg

• Like 4